1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The un-official Telomere before and after thread

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by hellojtm, Mar 29, 2012.

1. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Hi All,

I know some of you can afford, and have ordered, telomere length testing to prove out what you are doing. It would be a huge benefit to the rest of us if you could share that info, as much of it as you feel comfortable sharing. It seems like some info would be ideal to have, and others could help clarify this list (hint, dr. k)

- real age (or use a variable)

- telomere age (or just use your variable and a +/- should be good enough)

- before body composition and diet as of initial telomere testing

- lifestyle before (light exposure and sleep, exercise, work)

- diet during (especially if you are consuming any non-paleo foods or foods not matched to the canonical season)

- lifestyle during

- ending body composition

- ending telomere length (again with the variable or a real value)

If I were to do the testing I would be very strict on the protocol and test again in 1-3 months. However, it would be great if people that are doing before and after are a range of strictness. Especially if some are just unable to follow the protocol or the diet or get optimal sleep and they still publish their results. In fact, that will be the most valuable info.

So please, help the community. I can't spend the ~$600 on before/after testing. If there is a group of people all willing to pitch in $600/n I will do a strict program and document everything for the greater good. I'm good at tracking stuff and I'm also vigilant about my lifestyle and diet factors so I could even try 2-3 protocols over a 4-6 month period and have multiple telomere tests, based on the consensus of the payees. I actually may be a good test case because I'm already lean from over a year of good seasonal diet and light exposure so the CT is almost the only variable in here (i.e. I think weight loss can be a confounder in a lot of tests). Yay crowd sourcing...

jesse :cool:

2. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Nowhere close to doing an actual test but my biological age was 48 (Sep 2011) a few months ago... now its 30. I am 31.

4. Owl

Owl New Member

5. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Hi Glamorama,

Sorry, you lost me. If you didn't do an actual test where did you get your biological age from? Thanks for the response!

What did you do in-between the biological age of 48 and 30? That's a significant reduction.

jesse

6. hellojtm

hellojtm New Member

Oh, you watchful nocturnal predator... Yes, I said ~$600 because it's only useful if you do before/after/(during?). Getting one test won't really help except to maybe light a fire under your butt if you are biologically very old according to your telomeres.

jesse

7. Doctor K has told everyone to do this and I don't think I've noted anyone else mentioning they have. Still waiting on my results...

8. I just ordered the Telemere test direct from Spectracell and it is $245. They send out the kit and certain LabCorps will do the draw and mail.

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Did you need a doctor to prescribe it?

10. Enkidu

Enkidu New Member

I might give this experiment a try starting in May. It'll suck not knowing how much I'll have improved knowing where I was, but I suspect I have a long way to go to get things better.

11. No no script necessary. Just call the company or send an email. They should walk you through it from there.

12. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

sweet...going to run this one next!

13. SimonM

SimonM New Member

Seriously? I have been in email chat with them and they seem really reluctant to let me have a test without going through a "provider".

Guess I should try the direct phone approach :) Thanks!

14. Oh wow! Sorry to hear that. I just sent an email and got a response that same day. I was then contacted by a sales rep who sent me the kits and paperwork with pricing to take to a specified LabCorp. Maybe there is some regulation for the state you are in. Good luck!

15. Destiny

Destiny New Member

My husband had the same experience. He called them and was told that he needs a provider. According to him, the rep was quite unpleasant. You might be right about the state regulations! Here in NY we cannot be even trusted to get a salivary test on our own. I had to go to NJ for that.

16. freshveggies

freshveggies Silver

The closest lab corp for me is 6 hours away. I bought the kit from Spectracell and took it to my hospital for a blood draw and then sent it by Fed Ex. My hosptal didn't even charge me.

17. Destiny

Destiny New Member

It appears to be a state specific. I just found on their website that labs in my part of NY don't perform this test.

SHIEL LABS - Nanuet

Address: 36 College Avenue Nanuet, NY 10954

Phone: 845-624-1809

Only LPP testing available at this site; patients must provide test kit and requisition.

In NJ, you can have it but you do need a script.

ACCURATE DIAGNOSTIC LABS - Saddle River Drawing Station

Address: 82 East Allendale Road Saddle River, NJ 07458

Phone: 908-333-3082

Specimen Kits available at draw site. Call ahead for availability. Test requisitions must be completed and signed by physician.

18. SimonM

SimonM New Member

I don't know how Glamorama did it, but I've been reading "The Immortality Edge" by Fossel, Blackburn and Woaynarowski and they have a 70-question quiz in there that they say correlates "within a few years" with the results the authors have had from their own teleomere tests. I came out at 35 - I am chronologically 59. And an athlete. So my supplements (since age 20) are working :)

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I am going to contact them and see if we can fix that via my site.....I may offer this service to people.

20. Destiny

Destiny New Member

That would be great!