1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Sleep Thread FFTA

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by Evo Mama, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Coriander

Coriander Silver

The wind bothered me. I didn't fall asleep until shortly after 11pm. Roaring through the trees, clattering and banging. It was worse than the possums!

2. Mikey7

Mikey7 New Member

I went on a taping spree today. I taped up all my LED lights... it gonna be so dark in my room now. CT plus complete darkness = good night of sleep.

3. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I'm starting yellow lenses glasses soon. Sick of my unpredictable insomnia. I think it is a sideffect from CT, it's slowly easing.

4. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

CT on a Friday night can knock me out within half an hour of getting out of the tub. somehow the CT allows me to let go of the accumulated stress from the week and I am hard pressed to keep my eyes open

5. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

So far I have been sleeping much better, fewer waking episodes during the night, and no need to pee during the night either. I have been completely exhausted by about 9 in the evening and, by the time I've done the evening chores and get to bed, I'm asleep by 10 and up again feeling refreshed around 7 in the morning. But, if I do my cold soak after about 5.00 p.m., then it's no sleep for me.

6. MartiD

MartiD New Member

I agree..can't do it to late in evening. Last night for some reason I was shivering for awhile after and I haven't done that in week. The dog also woke me up at 2:00 am. I have slept really well with CT but it also improved dramatically with Leptin RX in October. Does anyone take Melatonin?

7. Evo Mama

Evo Mama New Member

I've done this too. I also have the tv and dvd player plugged into a socket that is turned off by a light switch on the wall, so I just flip that switch at night, and turn everything off. I'm still looking for a good "blackout curtain" hack, since there's some artificial light still getting in from my blinds.

My sleep has been unpredictable, like most of you. Last night was good, though, but the night before was rough.

8. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

I had my first bad night of sleep in a long while. I got in later than normal, so I had to fit in a 20 immersion (50F) just before bed. So i got in bed cold, and I had a difficult time sleeping. This was the first time I didn't wait for a period from bath to bed. I woke up hot like usuaul - but getting to sleep in the first place was a struggle. I probably won't do that again. I also had some cramps in my toes.

9. Mikey7

Mikey7 New Member

I went to ikea and bought a black window shade, that helped a lot.

10. sandy

sandy New Member

I have also had trouble sleeping lately. and have not been totally on plan with diet and CT. It seems to take me a long time to fall asleep, and then when I have to get up to pee, I can't fall back asleep. Then, being tired makes it hard for me to eat right and want to do my CT. an endless spiral. Hopefully this will resolve soon. I only getting about 5 hrs a night and thats not enough for me

11. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

Do you think those of us who suffers with poor sleepin are better off doing CT in the AM rather than in the evenings? My sleep is so poor (on average... only occasionally good these days) but funnily I don't feel tired, stressed or jittery like I normally do when sleep is poor. I function quite well, but I think deep sleep is essential for healing and further fat loss, because thats where I seem to stall!

12. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

The not sleeping well has finally hit. Whilst my body is tired, it seems like my mind is on overdrive and there's been nothing I can do to stop it. Also finding that the worse I sleep, the harder CT seems to be (not that I'm stopping!). And even though I've been eating less due to lack of hunger doing CT, I've been gaining weight again ....

13. eva

eva New Member

sleep is around 8 h no problems - up once to pee... getting rid of the blanket also. one problem - i have always slept long on my days off - like 10-12 hours. now im up around 8 hours sharp. been wakeing up 7.30ish on weekends. stupid.

14. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Ivy

I've just recently hit the wake up btwn 1-3am I'm either HOT, have to pee, completely WIDE AWAKE, or just wondering why I can't get back to sleep...

I do my CT mid-morning (Btwn 830-10am depending on the day) When I CT At night it takes for ever for me to go to sleep...

I've been wearing my yellow glasses, keeping the lights low, or off in the evenings, and trying to go to bed before 11pm... last night even wrangled DH for sex to see if that would keep me in deep sleep all night... no such luck... Considering I'm burning up like a crazy woman and its intermittent - I'm pretty sure its all related to CT!

15. quelsen

quelsen New Member

I am taking 80mg of melatonin nightly to help my sleep.

why 80...

I found out from a vet that Melatonin is one of their first lines against hormone imbalances in estrogen dominant dogs.

then some extra research indicated to me that melatonin works to regulate estrogen before it works on sleep....

so i titrated up to a good nights sleep at 80mg

http://www.pureencapsulations.com/itemdy00.asp?t1=me21

16. David

David Silver

I've been following a similar route, with similar results. But I do not seem to be very tired during the day and I am never sleepy (or hungry) following CT.

17. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

same here david....

18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Interesting I'm probably releasing excess E, Considering I've got PCOS... which is why I'm waking... humm also explains why I had a BITCH of a migraine that practically lasted the duration of TOTM... and then hung around for a few days after...

I may up my Melatonin to night and see what happens?

19. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I have a high night cortisol. I literally can feel the surge in the evening and between 3-4 AM. I started taking Phosphatidylserine at bedtime along with magenesium malate and melatonin. I was experiencing some improvement but then I got sick and had hard time holding down water never mind any supplements. I will restart the routine tonight. Is there anything else that can be done?

20. agatha

agatha New Member

I am probably the only person here who is hoping CT will allow me to sleep less. I have MS and I usually need about 11 hours sleep to feel rested - pah, what a waste of time. Since starting CT three weeks ago however, I have been sleeping even more and very very deeply. It reminds me of that fairy tale where the princess falls asleep for a hundred years - I think she must have been doing ice baths at bedtime.