1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

Nightime blue light is my nemisis. Our bedroom is just off the family room, so I roll a towel and use it as a snake along the bottom of the door. Keeps out light just fine. We also have blackout curtains hanging over the window blinds (double duty).

I don't understand how some people can fall asleep with a TV on either...that flickering light just keeps me awake.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. shah78

shah78 Gold

We have similar nervous systems, don't we ? Never in almost 59 years of watching TV have I ever had the urge to take a nap . Vomit, maybe? Nap/sleep, never.

nicld, Cpt.Tired and fitness@home like this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Hey Sebbie,
    Sorry I didn't get back to you, I somehow got locked out of my account, I had to do a bunch of screwing around to gain access again. ( This site is really 'glitchy' !)
    So far my experience with removing these metals is odd. It seems that yesterday was quite good because I woke up somewhat refreshed (which NEVER happens) but today I felt lousy and moody.
    Because I felt decent on Wednesday I didn't take my stimulant medication because I didn't need it! (Great!) But today I REALLY needed it because it didn't even work when I did take it. So both days were like opposite ends of the spectrum.
    I was getting really irritated with some of my co - workers that have been bugging me saying stuff like " Hey Mike! Are you gonna work a full shift today?" really loud, laughing and making a big joke about it because I have had to leave early three days in a row due to migraine headaches starting part way through my shift.
    Some people just never grow up.

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My wife is so lucky. She falls asleep as soon as she closes her eyes. And it shows when she wakes up.She has tons of energy!
    I actually try to avoid getting up at the same time as her on the weekends because she will just talk my ear right off and my brain is still asleep. I try to make my breakfast and it is just a scattered nightmare! I'm trying to cook seafood with three picky cats that want to be fed and my wife telling me about how she made her jewelry sparkle better - something that I really don't need to know!

5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Today I feel I have much more energy than yesterday. Today I had my BAB. Yesterday I was lazy so I fell to my craving - McDonald's breakfast:confused: which I really don't crave anymore. It's the coffee that I crave or the mocha (mocha is MY nemesis).
    I think there is something else going on though. I saw my naturopath yesterday and we talked about my hair tissue analysis results. She recommended to get rid of the heavy metals by fixing the deficiencies that they cause, which for me are calcium, zinc, strontium and barium. That will automatically get rid of the metals while feeling better at the same time. so I took a significant amount of calcium and zinc citrate last night (don't have strontium or barium) and today with pectin for "mopping up" the metals. She also mentioned that the body, when metals are forced into the bloodstream, tries to maintain the pH of the blood at all costs, so it will push the metals into the closest "safe" place that it can which could be in anything! So to me it makes sense to take the calcium and zinc, wait about a half hour, then take the pectin to mop up the metals.
    So far so good.
    One other thing that I did: We have a Nikken mattress that my wife has had for years. I removed it last night because I heard on the Magnetico site that they have spikes of the "wrong" polarity causing confusion in the body. I removed it just to experiment and see if we feel any different.

6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm finally back! I had a problem with my new password then I realized that I was typing it in wrong. (aw man!)

7. Inger

Inger Silver

Mike, what about oysters? They are very high in zink... :)

I too have heard Nikken is no good long term..... :oops:

8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I have been eating a ton of oysters! (mostly the canned ones) as well as taking as much as 100mg of zinc in various forms for a few months. But I guess the heavy metals are preventing absorption

9. Inger

Inger Silver

lets hope there will not be more bad metals from the metal can oysters... o_O
    You cant get the fresh raw one, can you? That would be awesome.....

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I can get fresh ones but I notice that I really don't feel very good on the days that I eat them. Do you think this is maybe a detox reaction?
    If I feel decent in the morning I can stomach a few. However if I'm feeling lousy in the morning they make me gag. But the smoked ones I could eat all day!
    I asked my naturopath about the cans and if it is a problem and she said that it wasn't.
    I've been eating canned fish for years because I knew about the omega 3's and the brain. I've also heard that leaching from the cans is not such a big deal anymore but you never know.
    I'm gonna start eating the raw ones again. I just have to get used to it.

11. Inger

Inger Silver

Well... I guess it is a detox reaction. Because I know a few people who have told me they get so sick when they eat oysters..... raw... and they are people who live pretty unhealthy.....
    I have never got sick from one and I have had even pretty un-fresh ones raw. So I think if you increase them gradually and let your body get used to it... that is how I would do.
    I believe raw fresh oysters are way more healing than the canned ones....... and that is maybe why many get the reaction?
    Just do it slowly :) start with just one.. and increase from there in the pace that your body let you :) You can go on eating the canned ones too, but as you body get used to the raw ones you can gradually drop them and eat mostly the raw ones :) That is how I would do........
    I once in a while eat some canned Norwegian mackerel in tomato... cause it is so delicious (reminds me of my childhood...:)) and it is emergency food if I have nothing else at home.... but it is kinda junk food to me...lol

12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

If you think that it could be a detox reaction then I will start up again - slowly like you said. I've been taking "fractionated pectin powder" (recommended by my naturopath) to help bind the metals. That stuff is soo expensive! $65 for 1.5 week supply! Maybe the oysters with that will help. Do you notice a difference in how you feel when you eat oysters consistently?

I'm thinking about getting a Magnetico but man are they ever expensive! Do you have one?And if so, what do you think?
    Did I read somewhere on the forum that your husband drinks too much?(maybe it was someone else). That must be frustrating for you, but I know how you both feel because I am going through a similar problem myself. I was a big drinker many years ago but I quit because of the terrible migraines I developed over time. I drank because it made me feel good. The rest of the time I felt depressed. Now I take an SSRI and a stimulant for the depression. The stimulant has two sides: it can make me feel like I can accomplish anything at times but it can give me terrible migraines. It motivates me to learn all the Jack Kruse stuff and gives me that "excitement" when I start piecing things together but has so many negatives. I feel trapped because I know that if stop the stimulant my life will become more organized and flow better but I will lose interest in the Jack Kruse stuff. I also drink coffee to get myself going. I'll even smoke pot occasionally on the weekends (with a vapourizor - not as bad for the lungs) just to relieve the boredom. I know this stuff is terrible for me but I keep doing it because I hate how I feel normally.
    I'm hoping that by implementing some strategies from this site that eventually I can let go of the unhealthy stuff I do but I'm starting to think that the unhealthy stuff is more powerful than the healthy stuff meaning that the healthy stuff will have little effect without eliminating the unhealthy stuff.
    Stimulants are so dehydrating! I need to get myself some reverse osmosis water but I've heard other doctors say that that it isn't as good as spring water.
    Listen to this podcast at 7:40

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Finally ordered my Magnetico today after weeks of talking myself into it. Dr. Bonlie answered the phone. I was kind of "star struck" a little bit since he worked with Robert O Becker (is that weird?).
    My wife didn't want it because of the expense and the fact that we already have a Nikken, but she doesn't understand the SCIENCE of why the Magnetico is a far better choice.
    She will appreciate it further down the pike when all of her friends and family start getting sick while her health improves! The EMF around us isn't that bad but it isn't going to get any better!!
    I'm looking forward to better sleep. The turning point was when I read about Becker's salamander in the magnetic field and how it induced sleep.

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Been experimenting with magnets lately. I bought 10 pretty strong magnets and taped them to a piece of cardboard with the north pole facing up. I placed under my pillow and measured the total gauss reading. It was 20 - 25 gauss at the pillow and extended about 6 ''.
    I have noticed that I have felt a bit better mood wise in the AM upon rising. Yesterday I actually felt enough energy to ride my bike to work!
    I have this week off from work so my goal is to put in a switch so I can shut off the power to our bedroom at night. Hopefully the Magnetico comes in this week.

15. endless

endless New Member

So do you and your wife like the Nikken? I tried one of those years ago and didn't like it. It will be interesting to see how it compares to the magnetico.

16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I've slept on the Nikken for years. I haven't noticed anything major with it. It might help a little bit but not very much. I'll for sure let you know how it goes with the Magnetico.
    Do you have a magnetico yourself?
    I've thought about making a "double decker" by glueing some magnets to a piece of plywood. You can buy the exact magnets online for about $500.00 total

17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Magnetico came in last night! Yeah!

nicld and fitness@home like this.
  18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Do you have a Magnetico? If so, how has it been treating you?

19. endless

endless New Member

No, I can't afford one at this point....I'm curious to see what differences, if any, you notice after having used both.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

So far I haven't noticed any improvement in symptoms but it is still very early.
    One night I woke up more than normal, another night I felt very warm but still another night I felt something really neat - I could actually feel my body 'resonating'!
    I thought that maybe I just thought that that was what I was feeling, but then in the magnetico flyer that came in the mail a few days ago, it said that some people actually do feel that effect.
    I know that they are expensive - my wife thinks I'm nuts spending that kind of money, but what's the point in having money if you can't even enjoy life because you are sick.
    I have thought about the idea of gluing a bunch of magnets to a piece of plywood. I was able to find the exact same magnets on the web. It looked like it would cost about $500.00
    that way. If I find that the magnetico really helps I'll probably make one for my sister since she is in an EMF hellhole - disabled from anxiety.