1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Maybe Jack could scare me into getting the hell off of them!

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

you already know what to do Mike!

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I know. I'm just frustrated today because I actually had a good afternoon and evening yesterday. It started out sluggish but then everything started to clear up and get moving around 2:30 PM. Last night was great! I felt pretty decent, my thinking was clear, my playing was smooth, my mood was good.....
    But today I feel like garbage again. I can't let it get me down though because I know I was out late.
    We don't have gigs very often, maybe 5 - 10 max a year. The fact that I felt good last night is a good sign.

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

you play guitar?
    Get out of your comfort zone and go meet Dr. K. when he is there! Don't miss this opportunity!!! I promise you it will be worth it.

5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Oh yeah! That's kind of my 'thing' but ever since I've had this collection of symptoms I really haven't pursued it with the drive it takes to really make it a full on passion.
    I'm not bragging, but when it comes to guitar I really do have a lot of potential. (I mean more potential, since I've been playing since I was 15 years old) I got a good ear and I can pick things up fast.
    If my neurochemistry was better, I would be doing a lot more with it- like writing songs, touring, teaching or whatever. I'd be able to make a career out of it somehow.
    But right now in the band I'm playing with, I'm playing bass.
    I've known the guys for years. They knew I was a guitar player but they needed a bass player so I filled the spot. That was 2002! (13yrs ago! holy crap!)
    But it really requires good health to do it properly. The playing is the easy part! Everything else is a real strain though if you are not healthy.

6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I've thought about seeing him but I just wonder if everything will be over my head. It's still a week away. Looks like it would be interesting.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I promise you Mike - it will not be way over you head. When Jack writes the blogs it is for Docs and scientists etc and all of us too. He has to dot all his i's and cross all the T's .

Jack has told me a million times "You don't have to speak Chinese to eat Chinese food" I am always upset because I don't get all the science and Jack has repeatedly told me how lucky I am because I have to focus and try harder ...and I have no pre conceived notions.

you have an enquiring mind and you want and need to learn .... that is GOLD!

You can't not go - this is your opportunity of a lifetime.... this will change your life.
    You can just hop in the car and drive ...I had to fly from Oz!

If you don't go - I will personally kick your butt! :D

Jude and nicld like this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

You talked me into it.
    I have an appointment with my naturopath the same day, and right around when he is doing his presentation too, but I can reschedule.
    I really do like the way he presents things because even though a lot of it is way over my head, you can tell that he really WANTS you to get it. He really wants you to take this information that he has learned so you can get your life back. And I love him for that.
    I think he knows that the secret to happiness is really about helping others. That has been known for centuries.
    I've tried to find his Tedx talk on the internet but I can't find it anywhere. It seems like maybe the government is hiding his information from the masses (LOL!)(it wouldn't surprise me at all)

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

His talk was taken down. Just like the Dave Asprey one - technical problems apparently,,,,

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The one here in Vancouver was taken down? Oh man!
    It's weird, but after getting a bit of a feel for this quantum theory stuff, I am thinking differently now - kind of like what most people would call "a crazy person".
    It seems like "technical difficulties" may or may not be "planned" - not by individual people really but by the collective influence of the general population on each other to resist anything that they cannot understand.
    Have you watched anything by Bruce Lipton? I love that guy!
    Such a warm, positive view of life! Fits well into Jack's model too.

11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Should we be wearing blue blocker glasses during the day if we work inside with blue light?
    I work in a shop all day with those crappy blue 9800k colour temperature lights.
    Honestly, I have never liked them. I prefer the softer 3400k lights which are similar to incandescent.
    Is it helpful to go outside and look at the sun occasionally?

12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I got my hair tissue analysis results yesterday - Looks like I am full of lead and aluminum! hair tissue analysis pg1.jpg hair tissue analysis pg2.jpg

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Today I feel absolutely exhausted and I did nothing last night.
    I lied around all day and it was absolutely beautiful out! Very frustrating and hard to explain to anyone - even my wife, because I LOOK healthy. I'm not overweight or underweight and show no physical signs of illness. And when I am around people I am an expert at covering it up. You would never know my fatigue situation at a glance.

My naturopath prescribed some of the UNDA homeopathic remedies to help detoxify the heavy metals I have accumulated (Unda 2, 48 and 258) as well as some pectin.
    I started them two days ago.
    I usually feel exhausted anyway but today was particularly bad. I'm wondering if the detoxing has anything to do with it.
    It so hard to tell the difference between detoxing and just plain feeling shitty!
    As a matter of fact, I CAN'T tell the difference.
    (on the plus side, I don't have a headache today!)

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

How was the conference?????

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I never went because Jack's talk was taken down. Also I have been just exhausted this past week, especially yesterday, so I had absolutely no motivation to do anything!
    But today I have much more energy than yesterday so I can get things done that have been backed up. I really have no idea why.
    Is it possible that I am feeling results of the heavy metal detox already?

16. Jude

Jude Gold

Mike have had a bit of a win with my latest blue blocker n=1.
    Used Blue b at night from sunset on but never during the day. Somehow thought it wouldn't be affecting me.
    So, 3 yrs later! :rolleyes: After one days avoidance actually slept all night, such a shock that I couldn't believe it could be repeated.... but going strong for a week now.
    Blue light toxicity is so sneaky! creeps up on our health yet below our consciousness:)
    There was lots of chat here in the earlier days(2-3yrs) about folk having their prescription glasses made into blue blockers. I have some new sort of blue blocker that allows the lens to remain clear which helps to avoid the whole "why I'm wearing strange coloured lens discussion".

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's great! I'll definitely have to try it during the daytime now. So good to hear that you can sleep better. Nothing beats having a good nights sleep!

Jude likes this.
  18. sebbie

sebbie New Member

Thanks for commenting on my journal.

I just skimmed through yours, looks like we are not swimming too far from each other...

Are you doing the big ass breakfast yet? It's helped me vanquish all my snacking.

Sunset time is around 7pm or so... How about having an early dinner, turning TV/lights off at darktime and hang out with the wife in the dark? Casual, connecting conversation and cuddling... Maybe use candles (safely).

Then head out to bed once the first yawns come. Embracing night time has been a big boost for me.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Unfortunately my wife doesn't get home until 10 PM. Then she eats "dinner" and watches "Vampire Diaries". I hate the LCD T.V.!
    She thought it would be a good idea to mount it above the fire place. I really didn't have any objections until it was already done. When I lie in bed, the light from the TV flickers down the hall and through the cracks in the door! If I get up to go to the washroom at all I get the TV flickering in my face!
    I now wear my blue blockers and I put up a curtain as well as some weather stripping around the door gaps. It's better but it's far from ideal.
    I'm doing the BAB in the AM. It's kind of nice that I don't have to bring so much food to work now!
    I have a feeling that getting these heavy metals out of my system is going to really help out. I'm just not sure how long it will take because it seems like I am getting results already but it's hard to say. That 'placebo' effect is pretty powerful, especially when you start a new protocol and you start getting hopeful.

20. sebbie

sebbie New Member

Seems like your inner healer is taking action! The TV thing seems a bit difficult but looks like you are being creative with it.

I didn't read the whole thread, I'm assuming your wife is working evenings? Seems like the TV is a way for her to de-stress. Is she happy with coming home at 10? Maybe there are other jobs out there?

I also find that the BAB gives me a lot of freedom from food...

I don't know much about removing heavy metals, but I did read you want to be careful when trying to remove them. Sometimes moving them around the body can make things worse?

Cpt.Tired likes this.