1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

Hi Mike ...How are you doing?

2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Good. Thanks for asking.

I had about a day and a half of relatively decent energy levels.
    I love it when that happens because everything just becomes so much easier to tackle.
    I've been trying to really step up the seafood lately. I'm eating the occasional raw oyster as well.
    I wonder if the pros of canned oysters outweigh the cons ? (because of the sunflower oil in it). I love those! I could eat a ton of them.
    But the raw ones are less palatable.
    On Saturdays I find it hard to get myself going because the first thing I do is go grocery shopping, which now requires real planning. So I tend to put it off.
    Then my weekend gets wasted. But what's interesting is just talking about it to you makes me more aware of the patterns that I need to correct.
    It's just that my morning mental energy just SUCKS.

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I have to play a gig tonight with the band. That means I'll be up late : (
    Back in my partying, clubbing, guitar playing, beer drinking days, I would totally notice the next day I would have a complete loss of energy. I thought it mostly had to do with the alcohol.
    But then when I quit drinking, due to 3 day migraines occurring, I noticed that I STILL would feel exhausted if I stayed out late, indicating that the disruption of the circadian clock
    is even worse for how I felt than the alcohol was!
    Lesson learned (but struggling to practice) - I need to go to bed earlier!

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Can you get sick from not cooking your food or is this another "myth" that we have been taught?
    I'm trying to get to bed earlier. One thing I forgot to mention - I normally go to bed around 10:30 - 11 PM and get up at 5:50 but I also have a nap between about 4:30 - 6 PM.
    But really, my total actual "amount of sleep" is about 6 - 8 hrs (I just figured that out)
    Yeah you are absolutely right , I need WAAAY more sleep!
    I have to put things off and just go to bed when its time to do so. Part of my problem is I'm just not that tired at night (probably from the computer screen light, even though I have the f.lux)
    Gotta go - I'm playing a gig tonight (..another late night..sigh)

5. endless

endless New Member

Yes you can get sick from eating your food raw, so it's important to think about the quality of what you buy. :) I would not eat raw feed lot, conventional beef, but I will eat raw elk or locally raised, non medicated beef. Inger has been doing it a long time so she may be able to handle more than someone who is just starting out...I'd start with increasing your sushi intake and branch out from there!

caroline likes this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Do you have a seafood market that you trust? get sushi grade tuna, salmon etc. Always tell your fish monger what you are going to do with it. You can just sear lightly at first......

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yeah, I guess it really depends on how "tuned up" your immune system is and how natural the environment is. Time get some sauerkraut!
    (Ha!) I was just grocery shopping and I was looking at the eggs. One of the brands were boasting how their chickens were fed an "all natural vegetarian grain diet"! (WTF?)
    The standard American diet is almost entirely grain based! Even the meat comes from grains!
    I don't know if this is true but I heard that chickens natural diet is actually mostly insects. That would make sense because they don't have the beak of a grain eating bird. (Like a sparrow. The large thick beaks that are designed to crack seeds)

8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I just bought a shitload of seafood! $180.00! Well, that's okay. There is nothing better to invest your money on than into your health. In Canada here, we totally take that for granted.
    We somehow think that good health should be just 'given' to us. Now I've learned many years later that that is completely misleading. Good health is hard to get, even if you want it because almost EVERYONE has been mislead as to what is really healthy!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

How exciting ...what seafood did you get?

Have you made the tumeric paste yet?

I just got a great paleo cookbook .......EAT, DRINK Paleo by Irena Macri

BTW ...did you know that Dr. Kruse has an Ecookbook?

How are you doing with turning the lites off and getting to bed at a decent time?

remember - no fake lites .....when the sun sets - so should you!

being on your computer in the evening is going to make it tough to regain your health. Print off blogs or whatever else you need to read and then sit outside in the grass and read.

Never forget - it is all about the three legged stool.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  10. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Superstore on Lougheed HWY in Coquitlam is awesome for seafood. They always have a ton of oysters that are reasonably priced. You can also ask your local seafood shop where they get their wholesale

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Cool. Thanks for the tip.
    Another place that has LOTS of seafood is TNT market in the Coquitlam Center.

12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

The bedtime thing is slowly getting better thanks to you guys reminding me just how important it is.
    I think I've been "programmed" to think that going to bed early is for wankers and that all the "cool" people stay up late and that is where all the fun is.
    But when you do it all the time it compromises your health.
    I used to think that feeling crappy after a night of drinking was because of the alcohol.
    But then when I quit, I would STILL feel exhausted the following day. Not quite as bad but it showed me that the change in circadian signaling is critical to feeling your best.

I really don't understand why our health care system has a lot of its employees doing shift work. My mother in law (nurse) and my cousin (paramedic) BOTH work odd hours. My cousin had to take leave for depression. He is normally a very happy, funny guy so that shows just how powerful circadian mismatches are! Anyway, it kind of leads us to believe that it is 'OK', because the system would be the first people to know how bad these shifts are. It just doesn't make any sense.

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I have a headache this morning but I'm not surprised. I was out to 1 AM because I had a gig at a pub. At least when I got home I went straight to bed and didn't go on the computer for an hour trying to 'wind down' like I usually do. The headache is not that bad but the computer screen definitely aggravates it. If I go lie down for a little while it should improve.

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Tumeric paste ? How do you make that? I almost bought some tumeric yesterday because of the curcumin but I had no idea what to do with it. Can you use it with the seafood somehow?
    I hear nothing but good stuff about curcumin.

15. rgp888

rgp888 New Member

Fish and tumeric go great together! Moisten a little powder with some coconut oil (my coconut oil is always a liquid because its never cold here, but if yours is solid, just warm it a little), spread on fish - don't need much, lightly pan fry with butter - hot pan = outside seared and yummy, inside almost raw - the nearest I can get to eating raw fish at present!

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Fitness posted a tumeric paste recipe in the recipe section - it is so yummy!
    We just made some salmon/thai fish cakes with fresh herbs and layered this stuff on. It is awesome on shrimp and on everything it seems...I just put some on a celery stick. Delicious mixed in with a can of mackerel etc.

you need to fix the Rolex in your brain.....
    rise and go outside and look at the sun
    have a BAB within thirty minutes of rising
    drink R/O water
    C/T
    get lots and lots of grounding and sunshine with as little clothes on as possible
    hug a tree, work in the garden, grow some herbs
    lots of oxy .... sex, hugging, laughter, pets, smile at strangers and have a conversation. People have amazing stories.
    Really look at them and really listen
    and no fake lites after the sun goes down!

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I have been definitely been doing the sunshine in AM - Going outside first thing in the AM (in my underwear -shh!) standing on the grass with a little bit of frost in my backyard surrounded by cedar trees and looking towards the sun - maybe 5 minutes.
    Then at this point I hope I remembered to thaw some shrimp, oysters or duck sausages to cook. I'll have a TBSP of coconut oil and let it dissolve in my mouth because it gets kind of yucky after a while. Then I will usually remember to take two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (to stimulate stomach acid) a bit too late. (Should be 15 minutes before protein).
    During the week, when I get up for work it is still dark so I can't really do the sun thing but I try to look at the sun (without anything in the way like windows or glasses) as soon as it is rises at work. Throughout the day as well I try to get outside the shop as much as I can to breath the air and look towards the sun (or clouds if it is not out) to try to get my SCN to "calibrate" with the earth.
    At work we have to wear work boots that are insulated so if I'm doing a sit down job that day I will try to wrap a wire around the grounded light post and tuck the other end in my sock. I'm a bit hesitant about this however because I don't know the "dirty electricity" situation of the ground line. Jack said it could make things worse.
    We have a grounding sheet on our bed at home. My wife swears by it. She has MS and one of her symptoms is a burning sensation in her hands and feet.
    One day when she wasn't around and I was changing the sheets, I was lazy and I didn't put it back on. The next day she phoned me and asked "Did you remove the grounding sheet yesterday or something 'cause my hands are burning today."
    Wow! I guess it really DOES work!
    I haven't done the reverse osmosis water thing yet but eventually I will get there. I did put in a basic whole house filter and also a filter on the shower. I still drink out of the tap but at least it is filtered now. Our water here in the Lower Mainland is pretty good. Its all snow melt but they still put chlorine in it. No fluoride either!
    The more energy I get the more of these things will get implemented. It sucks that when you need those things the most you have the least energy to do them and more temptation to do the bad stuff!!
    Short term gratification = Long term suffering

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I've got to try the tumeric thing because it is such a healthy spice.

It's not raining out so I better go outside and do something.
    We are lucky here with all the trails in the woods and stuff.
    I have to figure out how to upload photos from my iPhone for you guys. It says the "file size is too large" the last time I tried.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

do you have streams as well?
    print off the blogs and sit outside bare feet ...and read to your heart's content!
    pics would be great!

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yeah that's a great idea. I did print off EMF 1 and 2.
    God! I don't know where to start because they all say "I recommend you go back and review.....".
    Jack must be doing something right to have all the motivation to do all that writing, etc.
    I just did some other reading about amphetamines and inflammation. They are terrible for you! Of course, my doctor doesn't seem to think so but they can sure give me a wicked migraine.
    Its frustrating because it is so backward. The meds for sure are compromising my health yet they really drive me hard to learn everything I can ABOUT health! I probably would have never found this site if it wasn't for thirst for knowledge it creates.
    I wonder what Jack's opinion would be on this stimulant situation.