1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Does the magnesium absorb better through the soles of your feet? I know people recommend to do that but I was if that was the reason or not.
    I had a talk with her about the TV situation. She has trouble understanding it because she sleeps really well and never gets bothered by these things but she is willing to compromise. She came up with the headphones idea, but she wants the cordless ones.
    I said "Well, that's not such a great idea for you."
    I don't think she realizes how bad this EMF stuff is even though I've talked to her about it TONS.
    See, it's working (the support system from you guys) - We went out today and bought blinds to block the TV flickering and I got a seafood basket for the barbeque.
    I do drink a lots of water but I still don't think it is enough. Stimulant medication is dehydrating - another reason to get off of it.
    I put a whole house filter on the water line and a filter on the shower to reduce chlorine exposure.
    My plan is to boost my endogenous dopamine levels so I don't need the stimulants.
    Somedays I have no issues at all with them, no side effects or headaches, etc and they will work good, making me function very well. But most of the time they just cause problems
    (but for some bizarre reason I will maintain a positive outlook).

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

doing great Mike - baby steps.....

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Exactly. Baby steps. You don't want to induce stress.
    That's counterproductive.

caroline likes this.
  4. Inger

Inger Silver

I think the feet soles are very good in absorbing magnesium.... that is why we it is so good to walk at the waters edge on the beach - and why I LOVE to walk on the sea floor looking for oysters, bare foot. It always makes me feel so good to walk on that muddy, mineral rich floor
    have not been doing it for months because it is winter here. I cant wait for the spring to arrive so I can do it again!

5. Clayton

Clayton New Member

Hello Mike,

Good to see you are making some positive changes...have you added good fats to your template as well? By that I mean grassfed butter, duck fat, MCTs or ghee?

Inger mentioned blue blockers to mitigate your blue light exposure..these are the ones I use

http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-E...24713948&sr=8-1&keywords=skyper+blue+blockers. You can also pick them up at Acklands-Grainger or any industrial supply store

At some point you are gonna want to really dissect your EMF exposure at home and at work and take steps to lower your exposure risk. There are a few EMF consultants in Vancouver you could look into:

http://www.emfsafehome.com/emf_vancouver.htm
    http://healthyhomesenvironmental.com/

Scot Appert out of Seattle also does this and comes to Vancouver periodically

http://www.biohealthyhomes.com/

Hope this helps!

nicld likes this.
  6. nicld

nicld Gold

Hi Mike,

Get some of these ASAP http://www.amazon.com/Uvex-S1933X-E...1424713695&sr=8-5&keywords=blublocker+glasses

This has been the best investment I have made for my sleep. I put them on shortly after I get home (about 6 pm) and by 9 pm I can hardly keep my eyes open.

My DH does not have the same issue so he will not partake in the light out at night but does let me turn the lights as low as we can. We try to keep the bedroom as dark as I can get it at night and I use a sun lamp right away in the morning when I wake. For me, it is still dark out but I have to get up earlier for work (Neolithic life) and really don’t get to see the sun much in the winter.

I am on a computer all day at work so I try really really hard to stay off of it at night when I am home. Try to limit it to 1 hour a day. I know that you want to learn as much as you can so it may be a challenge.

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Hi Clayton and Nicld!
    Thanks a bunch for your help! Yeah, I have been eating lots of coconut oil, maybe 2-3 heaping TBSP a day because I find it helps to keep my energy levels stable.
    I know Jack says to leave 4hours between dinner and bed where you don't eat anything however I had previously gotten in the habit of having a TBSP before bed to maintain my blood sugar throughout the night. Before that my sleep was quite poor because I was always hungry - getting up every 2-3 hours to eat carbs that I later learned would spike my cortisol, drop my blood sugar and I'd get hungry again! Since adding the coconut oil before bed I am sleeping without those interruptions so that's a plus.
    Butter on everything, starting to ramp up the seafood as well.
    I do need to get some proper blue blockers. I have some red glasses that came in my jigsaw kit but my wife laughs at me because they look corny (They're huge!).
    I also got an RF meter and checked out some stuff around the house but I think an assessment is the best way to go because that is what Jack recommends. There is so much stuff we can miss.
    My dad got diagnosed with parkinson's/dementia about 2 years ago. the medical team was baffled as to why it came on so fast. The interesting thing is that a smart meter was installed on his house somewhere around the same time -right under his and my sister's bedrooms!! the main household power comes in in between their bedrooms as well.
    They have always had terrible sleep and both of them have always had psychiatic problems.
    interesting.
    Thanks again guys..I gotta get of the computer now. It's 9:51PM!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

great progress Mike ..... you are connecting Dots!!!!

9. nicld

nicld Gold

Have you tried making what I call coconut crack? Take some coconut oil, mix in some dark cocoa, unsweetened shredded coconut and a little stevia. It is AWESOME!!!!

I know that 4 hours is the recommended time but my modern life just does not allow that. Trying to start working out again and it is going to be a challenge when it is recommended to work out between 4-6 pm and eat 4 hours before bed. I don't get home till 5:30 at the earliest.

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Me too. Right now its dark in the morning when I get up too. (5:50 AM). At night I got the usual chores to do. I try to minimize the lighting. I've never liked those "blue" fluorescent bulbs so we have the 2400K bulbs. Its the colour temperature. The blue ones I think are 6800K or something. The 2400k have a more "afternoon" type of spectrum. If you need light at night I thimk these are a better choice. Incadecent is even better.
    I'll try the coconut crack. It should keep me out of my wife's chocolate chips in those no self control moments

caroline likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm pretty lucky because I work only 15 minutes drive away. It's still not enough time.
    I really don't know how people do it with kids as well.

I bought a pair of blue blocker glasses today. I hope they are orange enough. I went by Mark's Work Warehouse to see if they had anything like the one you posted. They did but they aren't the same model.
    I hope they work as well as yours. These are called "Dakota Extreme -orange lens"

When you said how much it helped your sleep, I had to get them right away!!

caroline likes this.
  12. nicld

nicld Gold

You will be amazed but don't forget to also keep as many lights off as you can. From what I understand the skin also senses light and can have an effect just not as much as the eyes.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just couldn't manage without my blueblockers....

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  14. rgp888

rgp888 New Member

Love my blue blockers too. Poor sleep was one of my biggest issues that drove me to this exciting journey with Jack Kruse and the incredible collection of fine, smart people on this website - I bought the blue blockers off Amazon that Nicd recommended and haven't looked back! Fixed the sleep and amazing things have followed! When I have to have the lights on the blue blockers are on, otherwise lights simply don't go on at night! I work on the computer all day. I have f.lux on my computer screen but try to avoid using the computer at night now - turn my wi-fi off and I have also changed where I sleep - from upstairs to downstairs....and in a more central part of the building - more shielded to outside EMF....

Scompy and caroline like this.
  15. rgp888

rgp888 New Member

Coconut crack!!!!
    Yes, my version of coconut crack worked a treat to transition me into a higher fat diet! Also to not want sweet things anymore. For a while I used coconut crack to replace my evening meal, worked better than food to help me sleep and get through the night without waking up! I used coconut butter, cacao butter, and NZ butter in it as well and sometimes a dollop of cream or coconut cream, or shredded coconut or a few brazil nuts...! Don't look for it now, but it's always there as a back up if anything should crash and burn!
    Coconut crack!!!!
    (I just called it a fat bomb! - but I like "coconut crack" better!)

Kristi Lambert and nicld like this.
  16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I tried the coconut crack thing but I think I need a recipe or some thing. I just threw the ingredients together and put it in the microwave for 10 seconds (I cheated w/the microwave - I'm working on that habit)
    It was OK but I'm hesitant because chocolate can trigger migraines for me. I haven't really experimented with dark chocolate yet because I don't want to risk getting a headache.
    The whole day gets ruined.
    I saw a chiropractor today that is suppose to be really good. He had quite the process down for checking out for muscle weaknesses.
    He told me that my headaches are coming from my skull (not my neck) and that I must have really hit my head hard at some point in my life because the small bony plates on the left side of my skull are misaligned. I said that I don't recall ever hitting my head hard but maybe. I sure did my share of drinking in the past and accidents like that are quite common with drunks (which I was one - frequently!)
    Wow! I was shocked at how quickly he could figure that out!

Too late to be on the computer...bye for now!

17. rgp888

rgp888 New Member

I'm very glad that chocolate is happy to go in me!!!! I'm not sure what the difference between chocolate and raw organic cacao powder is, apart from being raw, organic and nothing but the cacao powder.....its good with about two tablespoons of coconut oil to a level teaspoon of cacao powder with a drop of stevia to take the edge off the bitterness - I sometimes use a raw food antioxidant powder that is low carb and has a little cacao in it, or I add a bit of cacao powder - get a good dose of vitamins and minerals - but I always check the label that one serve has less than a gram of carbs and I count that in my less than 15g carbs a day.

If I use other fats I would go about 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon cacao butter, one generous teaspoon of butter and some cacao, rawfood powder, maybe some chopped up nuts, or coconut, and a few drops of stevia - put in freezer - its a bit melty in my climate - eat frozen.....

My chiro adjusts my cranial plates every time as well - I get a bit dizzy at times when they are out - its not so weird if at least one other person on the planet has the same thing!

Good luck with your journey! And I hope you can enjoy cacao fat bombs, or coconut crack, one day!

Cpt.Tired and nicld like this.
  18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Oh yeah..that's right!
    I forgot about the skin being able to sense the light as well.
    I kind of thought maybe I could get away with just wearing the blue blockers but the lights are very important too.
    I'm thinking about getting some paint or cellophane or something to cover up all the little devices with little LED's on them too. They can't be good.

19. nicld

nicld Gold

I have tape over the LED lights that I need to block.

20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

..And good luck to you too!

rgp888 likes this.