1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Quick update- Lately I have been feeling a little less fatigue than usual. It appears that I require a lot of protein to get my energy levels up where I can at least function a bit. The less energy I have the less discipline I have with the protocols.
    Since I require so much protein I have been taking it mostly as protein shakes and amino acids ( tyrosine and 5HTP) loosely following the Dr. Marty Hinz protocol. I am still eating seafood because I know that I need all the nutrition I can get but the fatigue and lack of appetite is preventing me from being strict about it. I will have a protein shake (4 scoops in R.O. water = 100 grams of protein) in the AM (which more than satisfies the amount required for the BAB) and before bed plus I will have another one mid day (only 2 scoops). The powder is from A2 milk (the better type).

I have also been taking the L-tyrosine/5-HTP stack (3000/300 AM and PM with two doses of 2000/200, one at 10 AM and one around 4 AM.) Trying to get as much light as possible too, both natural and my Solar Glo light in front of my computer (UV-B). Today I did some weight training outside in the sun (since I am not working now I can do these things..for a little while..then I got to get back to work). I want to WANT to work and enjoy it (high dopamine) rather than push myself through the day and dread it (low dopamine).
    Today I particularly have much more energy than usual which I believe has to do with all the protein that I ate after 6 PM. I read somewhere that dopamine is made while we sleep (not on this site). I also found out that stimulant meds (which I take) tend to close the OCT gates which makes you unable to make neurotransmitters (from one of Marty Hinz's studies). So this would make sense that lots of protein in the evening would help - most of the medication is gone by that time since I take it in the morning. I have also had less headaches the last week or so. I have noticed this before when I have taken high dose aminos or increased my protein intake.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
    lilreddgirl likes this.
  2. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I am really quite amazed at my new found ability to look directly at the sun without it affecting my vision at all. I can even do this in the middle of the day!(not something I plan on doing regularly). I don't think it is wise to stare at it for any real length of time but to look at it then look away in small bursts on occasion and always monitoring how fast the green spot goes away may be beneficial.

At first when you look in the general area of the sun it is very very bright. But if you blink lots while looking around the sides of it eventually your retina 'turns down' its output and a distinct circle appears that you can look directly at without any pain at all! It's really quite amazing.

I am not recommending this to anyone. Everyone is different. Just because I can do it without any problems (yet anyway) does not mean that someone else won't hurt themselves. But if you have been eating lots of seafood and are already accustomed to lots of light it may be okay.
    If anybody has had any negative experiences with this please let me know.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why? Are you an alien? No you are human living in an alien world your species created. Create your natural environment and you'll thrive and give up just surviving.
    Everyone is different = your local geometry on the respiratory proteins is why and they reflect your local zip code.

Kruse 101

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  4. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

Dr. K so is looking directly at sun without blinking beneficial then? I remember you mentioned that looking without blinking Relaxes muscles of eye vs. the blinking which stimulates them and helps set the eye clock.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Everyone is different = your geometry of the respiratory proteins

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I know that blinking cools the surface allowing the eye to absorb UV. It also allows my eyes to adapt to the bright light.

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in the Lower Mainland (The Vancouver area). It rains here a lot but when the sun DOES come out it is absolutely beautiful here.
    Not like it was when I was a teenager though. Now there is just WAY too many PEOPLE!

I drove up the Chilliwack river valley . I just had to get away from all the crazy people. Found a nice secluded spot up the valley and in the mountains just a little down the turnoff to Foley Lake.
    It was about 4 PM.

Stood in the water and sun gazed indirectly for about an hour. (Looking at the areas around the sun, blinking lots, occasionally looking right at it but only briefly with lots of blinking):). That snow melt water was friggin cold!! My feet were numb for an hour after I got out.
    It must have been full of electrons because I felt an improvement in my mood afterward. I really enjoyed it. I was able to just forget about the rat race for a little while.
    I should have taken some pictures to load up but they usually have too much data to load.:thumbsdown:

This is the Chilliwack river. I just found this photo on the internet but this picture looks very similar to where I was yesterday. It might even be taken from the same spot. river2.jpg

8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Love the river,loved that it did you good.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Lahelada. It feels good when people care:):)

Lahelada likes this.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Comments I just made in Time 12 to Randall are critical for all people with low dopamine: FYI

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Jack- Your help is much appreciated..:thumbsup::thumbsup:. going there right now.

13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Quick update: I have been a bit hesitant about the sungazing lately because it seems my ability to see small print (like on a supplement bottle) is getting worse. I have to hold it quite far away that it becomes too small to read.
    I don't know why this happens or if sunlight can help it but I will look into it.

seanb4 likes this.
  14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Haven't posted in a while so I thought that I would update:

I have been trying the "Dual-n-Back" game for a few days now because some people say that they have had some amazing results with there cognitive function from it.

I think it may be working already but I also tend to be a magnet for the placebo effect. It's a bit early to tell but Dave Asprey raves about it so I'm going to give it a good shot and report back

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Time to check in with my gang!
    I'm continuing with Dual n Back and it seems that I'm getting pretty decent results. But I'm also not working right now so its really hard to gauge my results on anything.

16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Update- quite a bit of sun this year so far! Hard to get anything done because I just want to absorb as much as I can. I've never liked being inside on a sunny day but now that I know better I REALLY don't like being inside now!

Jenelle and shah78 like this.
  17. Inger

Inger Silver

sounds exactly like me...lol

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  18. thomas

thomas Sun Worshipper

That's why I worry about living in the med... maybe I would just spend all day everyday in the sun!! Tho I don't know a better way to make me happy than sunning and watering.(for lack of better words)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm glad that I'm not the only one! Right now I am out of work but I am pretty financially stable. I feel this pressure from society to get back to work and a bit of a need to be part of the group. Yet at the same time I know the HUGE benefits of AM sunlight and grounding that everyone else is missing out on. Light on the retina, etc. But know one else gets it. So they think that you are a bum LOL!

20. Purple Haze

Purple Haze New Member

Hey Capt.
    I read earlier that you thought you may have damaged your eye from staring at the sun. Did that heal up OK?
    I like to look into the direction of the sun or stare up at the sky on a partly cloudy day. I live in the same general area as you, so I understand the need to get as much sun as we can in whatever way, but I'm concerned about gazing directly into the sun.

Cpt.Tired likes this.