1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Calum

Calum New Member

Therr is local tanning salon doing free 6 minute sessions in may. I think I will give it a bash - I have never done it before. Ever.

Jenelle and Cpt.Tired like this.
  2. Calum

Calum New Member

There is a*

March*

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I just needed to go out and do it first:)

Jenelle likes this.
  4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I agree. It's nice to just get out of the house!

Calum and Jenelle like this.
  5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm going to take advantage of having the summer off to get in the sun and CT in the ocean as much as I can. My last day of work is Apr 1st.

Calum and Jenelle like this.
  6. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Lol... I thought, "May? Well... that's a ways off..." :rofl:

Cool. I hope you like it.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  7. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Wow... I don't know how you've managed this, but it sounds amazing. Congrats! :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  8. Calum

Calum New Member

Cracking mate! Best wishes with that! Time off for health accumulation and stress dissapation!

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My job of 23 years is closing its doors so I will be out of work but I am really not super disappointed. I think that it is one of the reasons why I am struggling. I work with a boss that has serious anger management issues and a co-worker that doesn't get along with ANYONE that likes to push people's buttons just for fun. Because of my 'brain fog/chronic fatigue/migraine/depression' issues, my performance is suffering. My boss gets angry with me and the other guy pokes fun and spreads it around the shop.
    I will be getting a very nice severance package - almost a full years worth of wages. so I am going to take some time to focus on getting myself well now that I have some powerful tools to do it. Once I get my energy back I can start looking for work. It's hard to go and sell yourself (apply for work) when you know you can't perform well because of your health. I'd rather wait until I am well. It's going to be a hard sell to my wife because I don't look sick at all. I cover it up and fake it well. You would never know. But underneath I am exhausted 90% of the time.
    Sure, everyone gets tired, sluggish and depressed from time to time. But when it is ALL THE TIME and it seriously impairs your ability to enjoy life, then something else is going on.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2016
    Inger and nicld like this.
  10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

When you go tanning do you feel better right away or does it take some time?

The first time I went (last Sunday) I felt a pick up pretty much right away and it lasted for a few hours.
    The second time (Tuesday) I actually felt really really tired afterwards as well as Wednesday (detoxing maybe?). But Thursday I had a fair amount of energy.
    The third time was Friday night after work. Saturday I had a more energy than normal as well. But today (Sunday) my mood is a bit low but not terrible.

11. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

Cpt... I would like to look back through your journal when I have more time, so I can learn a little bit more about your situation. Did I see that you are on antidepressants, or have recently come off of them?

I happened to pop in when you were saying that you wish you could feel more social, want to get out and do things again. And I had recently started going to tan and felt SO much better... and yes, more social. I tanned on Monday, and on Tuesday I finally called to get a hair appointment for Friday. That was something I'd really been putting off (umm, like for months) because I was in my "winter funk". That's just an example... I have noticed my social anxiety is down overall and I am more outgoing, period.

I would love to say that tanning solves all of my problems ~ but it really is a combination of things. Sleep, food, movement, relationships with others, reading books, learning, applying, and staying motivated to try new things... these are just the ones that come to mind immediately.

Think about all areas of your life: You've already said that your job is a large part of your stress... but what else? What do you have to do every day that you hate? What do you look forward to? Sometimes we get so caught up in the daily grind that we are pissed off and don't even know what we're pissed off about anymore. I think some people don't realize how much energy it zaps from us just to be in uncomfortable situations. I have come to realize it can just be physically draining.

I feel like Jack's stuff is super important, and probably what has been the missing puzzle piece for me. I have already been on a ketogenic diet for a few months ~ free of dairy and artificial sweeteners. So: meat, eggs, veggies, fats. Repeat. I don't do fruit and I don't do starchy veggies... so yes, I am beyond "Paleo" and truly ketogenic. This is really how I feel my best. I do get sidetracked/bored and eat things sometimes that I know don't make me feel my best: cheese, nuts and seeds, super dark chocolate, tequila. ...But enough about me: My point is, how is your diet? You may have it "perfect" ~ I don't know ~ but if you don't... maybe you really need to for awhile? It makes a H-U-G-E difference for me in life.

But to answer your specific question: I feel a boost right after tanning -- always. And I find that it helps me wind down and be ready to sleep later in the day. How it affects me the next day... I'm not sure. I could say that I feel sluggish the next day, I think -- but is that, again, due to lack of light? Part of my thinking with contemplating the Sperti is that I really feel like I need it every day, but it is almost impractical for me to get out of here and go to the tanning place every day.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  12. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks for writing back Jenelle,
    I've been on some type of SSRI antidepressant since 1991. Very hard to get off of. Everytime I titrate off of medication I feel actually better for a short period of time then I start feeling really lousy again- I become super anti-social, fatigued, super sensitive and have absolutely no drive to do anything. Then I am amazed at how much better I feel when I start up again.
    Right now I am back on 10mg of Cipralex (Lexapro in the USA). I feel shitty about it because back in December I wrote a thread in "Success Stories" called "23 years of antidepressant use eradicated with UV light". I was antidepressant free for about two months and it had seemed that the light was really working. I wanted to make sure that it was working so I waited a while before I posted that. A few days in November I felt just incredible! I have never felt anything like that at all but there was many other things that I was doing at the same time. I was also on a much higher dose of Vyvanse (a stimulant) which can really make you feel great sometimes (boosts dopamine). Now I am taking the lowest dose of Vyvanse because it has a definite dark side.
    Yeah there are definitely areas in my live that need work. That is the problem. Work- which requires energy. My diet could be better. Its not terrible. It's basically ketogenic but I occasionally will eat some carbs. I eat LOTS of raw oysters.
    Today I feel a lack of energy but at least I have had a few days of energy and motivation this past week. I'm just not sure what the main driver is behind it.
    My main suspicions are:
    - tanning booth
    - cold showers (10 minutes everyday)
    - supplemental fish oil
    - increase in antidepressant dose (from 5 to 10 mg of Cipralex- I hope not)
    - biking uphill every second day or so

I am hesitant about the exercise because I don't know if I will overdo it or not. I usually feel better afterwards but not always.

13. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

I'll be back later with more ~ but my #1 gut question is: Have you had your Vitamin D level checked?

If not... I think that is imperative.

You should NOT feel like shit about having a success story and then going back to needing some help. That is a HUGE clue that a combo of things was working for you at that time ~ and that is valuable information you now have, to reflect on.

We only store so much Vitamin D ... I think it is very common for folks to sort of "run out" mid-winter. I know I felt pretty good through the Holidays, too ... January wasn't so bad, because the weather was mild and we still got out for some walks ... And all of a sudden, I felt like February hit me like a ton of bricks.

I do supplement with 5000 IU of a high-quality supplement ... but that is not a replacement for LIGHT. I am willing to bet my level is still on the lower side of optimal.

nija and Cpt.Tired like this.
  14. Jenelle

Jenelle Evolving

What sort of exercise have you done in the past?

I think some lifting would be good... even if it's just lifting your own bodyweight for awhile. You could start with a goal as simple as "I will do a push-up before I get in the tanning bed." ;)

Cpt.Tired and Robert Haas like this.
  15. Robert Haas

Robert Haas New Member

I agree with Jenelle on the lifting. You need dopamine to balance out those chronic high serotonin levels. Light and resistance training will do just that. Of course you will over do it. You need to get uncomfortable to force healing.

Jenelle and Cpt.Tired like this.
  16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My intuition tells me that I should do some lifting. Just not too much. It for sure raises dopamine and that is what I need!:)
    Thanks guys for the little push:) I'm gonna do some squats tonight

Jenelle likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I think I did something stupid yesterday.
    We had some sun so I did little bits of "sun gazing" throughout the day. Here in Vancouver the sun isn't very powerful and most of the time it is filtered through clouds but yesterday it came out from time to time. I felt that my eyes are probably fairly used to looking toward the sun by now since I have been doing it since approx November. I've seen some people comment that they can look right at the sun now with no ill affects even during the day time. I noticed that I was able to do this too. I was shocked when I noticed that I could look right at the sun once my eyes had adjusted and could look away with no real spots or pain. Wow.
    Since I am so desperate for brain energy I tried it for a little while. I was amazed at my ability to do this. (I did eat a shitload of seafood yesterday)

Today I have a spot right in the center of my field of vision. It's minor and I think it will go away. It is not really impairing but I am not happy about it.
    No more sun gazing until this heals.

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

My vitamin D level is probably not too bad I'm assuming. I usually check it once a year and is has usually been pretty decent so I haven't been too concerned about that.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Raising dopamine can be easy or can be hard........your environment and what you allow steepen slope or lower it. My Leptin Rx and CT protocols are getting major juice in the media now. Many people won't see the links because they don't have a back round in how light water and magnetism work in cells by my members do. It won't be long before the world changes forever as people begin to see what I have been doing for ten years. Magnetogenetics and optogenetics are something I have been involved with for sometime both on myself and my family. I wrote two blogs 5 years ago based upon these very principles, My Leptin Rx and the Cold Thermogenesis Protocol are those blogs. With the ideas built into these blogs, I was able to reverse my own medical issues 100%. Now many other people have done the same following these quantum principles. I have found using human anatomy that when you find an imperfect black box radiator and you use two things capable of inducing a change to the fourth quantum number of an electron called "m2" some amazing things can be done in biology that very people realize. This is where the idea of the quantum wearable device came from several years ago before "a light engineer and I", connected at a bio hacking conference to build one. It is called the Quantlet and it is used for many things from human consumption, jet lag, bio-hacking performance, and bio hacking what a blue lit microwaved environment does to their local environment and how it alters biochemistry. The key is understanding how to use this science with what biology has provided us in a cell instead of altering things in a cell to gain the effect. The collateral damage of doing this will be large because of how the photoelectric effect and how magnetism is built in mitochondria to work in cells. This story here gives you some insight to how detailed the science of quantum biology truly is for a neurosurgeon like myself. We are able to perform "brain surgery" without a scalpel using these techniques.

https://www.theguardian.com/science...magneto-remotely-controls-brain-and-behaviour

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I ate a couple of oysters and I think the spot is improving already.:thumbsup: I have a bag of oysters thawing right now and I will be gulping those down shortly.:)

Jenelle likes this.