1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Hi Endless!
    Thanks for writing. And thanks for the info on the labs.
    I was kind of thinking that it may be possible to do blood draws over the border but I haven't really looked into it much yet. Just trying to absorb information so I can do it with confidence.
    I do have an appointment with a chiropractor next week. He is suppose to be good at finding weak muscles around the joints so I'll give him a shot.
    Thanks again,
    Mike

2. caroline

caroline Moderator

Mike ...Dr. K. is speaking at Clayton's College ...Endless [Krista] is going

3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Where is Clayton's College? Is that in California? If so, I can't.
    I've used up so many sick days this year for headaches and stimulant side effects.
    The stuff is impairing my health but I keep taking it!
    Its like I've started this kind of addictive personality that was at least not as bad as before.
    I think I answered my own question. I need more serotonin!
    I've been trying to get off of my SSRI since I read that the fluoride that is in a lot of antidepressants can displace iodine, an extremely crucial element for brain development.
    I also used to be on a pretty much "milk and cereal diet" all my life.
    Somedays I would have like 5 bowls of cereal. I would have terrible farting (did Jack say he loved farting in the EPCOT protocol webinar? I started laughing so hard because that's me. It's funny how you can have so much power by just relaxing and letting it leak)
    (oops!)
    Anyway I guess the bromide in flour ALSO depletes iodine AND people are cutting down on salt, the only source of iodine really in the SAD.(Oh.. I think eggs, too.)
    I'm gonna try some 5-HTP and l-tyrosine since I think I'm getting an EMF headache from the computer screen.(Shit! I ran out of Ubiquinol.)
    Anyway, I think I may have caught on to the Factor X thing.
    Wow! Trippy man!

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

Clayton's college is in British Columbia ...He is Canadian..... -

Jack will be there with Becker - as I understand it ......

5. endless

endless New Member

Hi Mike,
    Dr K is speaking at Boucher Institute's Academic Symposium in Vancouver on March 7th. Here's a link to the symposium page if you are interested in attending. http://www.binm.org/2015-symposium

Yes, fluoride is evil stuff! It's hard when you are having to take it in your meds...I cut out flour and treated water, as well as fluoridated dental products, and did a stretch of high dose iodine supplementation to try and rid my body of all the other stored halides. I stopped taking the iodine but now focusing on eating a lot of seafood instead. Don't cut down on salt, just make sure the salt you use is unrefined, like celtic or himalayan. I use tons of unrefined salt. In fact, that's one migraine remedy I've heard of, although I don't know if it works...drinking a glass of water with a 1/2 tsp of good salt in it.

6. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I was taking the iodine just after Xmas after reading about it on this site.
    Its weird - the first day I felt AWESOME! I thought "that was what my problem was all this time - iodine deficiency. But then, as usual, the next day the energy disappeared again.
    I really don't know what happens there since this not the first time this has happened where I will have a really good day once in a blue moon - like all the stars are a lined or something. I'm still trying to figure out what it is.
    I just bought a bunch of seafood today as well.
    Just getting the motivation to cook is hard a lot of the time.
    I have been adding Himalayan salt to meals and I tried the salt water thing once and it worked - but just that time only - not since.
    I'm really thinking my circadian rhythm is off - I tend to stay up until 11 PM on the computer a lot reading health stuff. I get up for work at 5:40 AM just exhausted. I sleep in on the weekends a lot although I'm trying to get up at 5:40AM anyway and have my "Big Protein Breakfast. But then I'll go back to sleep because I'm lacking the self-discipline (or cortisol)to stay up. I've taken a lot of time off of work because of headaches and being sick.
    That means I'm sleeping in on those days too.
    I might check out that talk with Dr K! Sounds like it would be neat to meet him.

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Is that Robert Becker? If so - that's cool!

8. caroline

caroline Moderator

Mike - you already know this ...but you have to stay off your computer in the evening ..... you need grounding and oxy and candle lite and soft music........

you aren't going to be much good to anyone if you are 6 feet under ......

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

• sorry - I meant Dr.Pollack

10. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's right- It's Dr. Pollack.

I said to my wife "Guess who's coming to town"

"I don't know.. Iron Maiden?"

"No, Jack Kruse will be in New Westminster! And Dr Pollack is opening! The "structured water guy! Let's get tickets!"

"What about Def Leppard?"
    "Naw..This will be better!"

Thanks for the tip about being on the computer.
    That's what I need is to be accountable to someone about this stuff.
    I have learned TONS of stuff but I don't APPLY it.
    I'm addicted to the knowledge, among other things (a good sign that I'm leptin resistant!)
    Please..do that! Give me shit when I'm doing things that are compromising my health because nobody else really gets it (like my wife).
    I'm getting off the computer right now. It's 9:45pm
    I can do this in the morning.

Deverie_Night Owl and nicld like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

give yourself a window of use Mike ..... maybe do it from your C/T ice bath!

get off before 7:00pm and spend time with your wife! talk with each other, read to each other, listen to music, walk in the neighborhood while holding hands and petting dogs, sing, laugh, make love......

we all have the same exact problem ...addicted to technology......

12. Inger

Inger Silver

When you use f.lux on the screen and blueblockers.. and turn the screen lights down... you want be able to stay on the computer very late I bet ;) and keep it dark in your home!!!!
    This is VERY important. Only candles and red lamps.

Oh man you need to go to sleep WAY earlier if you get up that early, Mike!!!! Maybe you are so exhausted because you are terribly sleep deprived :confused:
    I go to sleep around 10 PM and raise at 6-7 AM
    except yesterday I went to sleep 10:15 PM and raised at 8 AM, cause I had a night with very little sleep this week and my body takes it back - which is good. I felt so great today morning :)

You do not need to cook, Mike. You can just be lazy and eat your food raw....lol
    That is what I do all the time and it even has benefits :) like you get more glutathione :)

nicld likes this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I really need to go to bed earlier for sure. i think everything is shifted forward because and night I'm not really that tired, but in the AM I don't really start to wake up 11 am.

I noticed earlier last year that my stimulant medication really seemed to not do anything in the AM anymore, but it appears to start working later instead, like 11 AM and into the evening. I'm also guilty of drinking coffee - not tons - no more than 2 cups a day but that is another vice of mine since I always need energy to get shit done!
    I feel depressive without those stimulants. Obviously that is a big sign right there that they are trouble.
    Went to bed at about 10 PM last night. I really just lied there for a few hours but I have noticed that I will usually feel better in the AM, regardless of whether I slept or not.
    I've heard before "If you can't sleep, get up and do something until you get sleepy"
    I think I'm better off lying in the dark. This seems more "primordial"

I barbeque'd a bunch of oysters this morning.
    Honestly they weren't that great but the sauteed mushrooms really helped cover up the taste. At least I had the energy to cook!

Hey Caroline! My wife thanks you for getting me off the computer earlier. I actually spent some time with her!

14. Inger

Inger Silver

Now you are on the right track, Mike....!!!!!!!!!
    Go to bed early, shut off the lights... drag your wife with you....... and you can just lie there in the dark and talk and do other fun stuff :) :) :)
    I bet your wife will like ;)
    This is a HUGE healing factor :) :) :)

and yes, it is way better to go to bed early and stay in the dark, and not sleep, than stay up and be on the computer or do something else.

Try to drink only one cup of coffee in the morning, if you can. Better drop it alltogether.

That medication of yours sounds pretty crappy :rolleyes:
    Maybe you want feel that depressive (after dropping those meds) if you go to bed early in the dark, cuddle with your wife and get lots of oxy (skin contact is amazingly healthy...)
    and then at daytime try to get daylight/sunshine into your eyes as much as possible! Go heavy on seafood too :)

15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I absolutely agree with you.

It will at least get my needle pointing in the right direction.
    Giving up the coffee has been a tricky one because it can trigger a migraine.
    I think bringing these issues out into the open with very knowledgeable people like yourselves will really help. Just saying it to myself or to other people that don't really understand the principles is not influential enough.
    But having them confirmed and stressed about their importance by you guys will make a difference. Plus it makes me "accountable" to someone.
    I'm starting to go heavy on the seafood. I have noticed in the past having periods of high energy after eating LOTS of seafood, not just a little bit.

16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I do keep lights low at night - definitely. I've been doing that for a long time but I'm really more focused on it since hearing about how crucial it is from Dr Kruse .
    I changed some of the main lights that I am exposed to in the evening to those yellow "bug" lights and amber in the computer room.
    I also have the f.lux program.
    I have to do something about the T.V. upstairs.
    My wife comes home at 10 PM and watches T.V. in the living room. She will have no problem falling asleep in front of it but I find it too "stimulating" at night because she will watch programs that are kind of stimulating, like sitcoms that have that "audience laughter" effect. Subconsciously, those programs tend to make you (or me, at least) want to "join in " on the laughter when I'm trying to wind down.
    I have a plan, I just haven't done it yet but just me writing this stuff down will help me to follow through with it. I have to put speakers that are close to where she lies so the TV does not have to be so loud PLUS I have to put up a curtain since the TV "flickers" down the hall and compromises my melatonin.

I wonder if that would be like a form of "pulsed" EMF - flickering light from a TV set.

I don't think her sleeping in front of the TV is good for her either! She has M.S.
    Her eyes are still going to register those pulses of light through her eyelids.
    She says the TV helps her to sleep.

I should put a timer on the TV as well.
    (Thinking out loud here)

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Oh man.. Mike. You need to get rid of that TV. I have no TV and almost never had one either and I am so happy I do not.
    If you could massage your wife with magnesium oil before bedtime at candle lights... I am sure that would help her way better to sleep! Magnesium oil is just awesome! It makes one so relaxed... I am sure your wife likes some foot massage :)
    Maybe for a beginning you could talk your wife into having 1 week without TV, just put it somewhere far.. like into the basement.. and then give her massages every evening instead!
    Make your own magnesium oil very cheaply with magnesium chloride pharma grade and water :)

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I have some magnesium oil. I tried it one night. I put a whole whack of it on my legs. I thought it would help me sleep. I was awake the entire night!
    But the interesting thing is - I did NOT get a migraine!
    Usually a lack of sleep (more than what is 'normal' now) will trigger a migraine for me
    but this time it didn't! I felt not too bad considering the lack of sleep.
    But unfortunately it hasn't worked that well for migraines since then.

19. Inger

Inger Silver

Try to put it on your foot soles too.. massage it into them. Do this every evening. You need to give it some time maybe :) (I put it all over my body..lol)
    and do not forget to drink water :)

20. endless

endless New Member

If your wife won't budge on the late night tv, ask her if she'd be willing to use some headphones so you don't have to listen. Not wireless though! Sleeping in front of the tv is really bad for her....a timer is a great idea.