1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I don't think it's about convincing .... If I am fully charged, it's ok to offer a glassful of electrons from the well ....I can offer another one .. But if I have to convince someone it could mean they have slapped in a straw and are starting to suck ....eventually the agenda shows. If someone's idea of a good time is trying to make me look an idiot, time to take out the straw. Jacks blogs aren't the most way out stuff I've studied, so it's been an issue for years .... Now if someone does it to me, once I'll give them the benefit of the doubt, (I should have stopped it) but now even if my electron cup runneth over, when there's an unpleasant agenda its two strikes and you are out... . ;)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've been thinking along the lines of the body's organising field (an intact blueprint .....?) and an interaction with light.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

That's right..when I wrote that last post I think my charge was a bit on the low side because I read it later and I didn't exactly agree with it.

4. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Just a quick update:

Lately I have been feeling not too bad overall. I feel the change lately is because of me focusing on taking more coconut oil throughout the day as well as more magnesium. Of course I have my UV/IR lights on too.:)

5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Weird.. It seems that lately I've been having really good days followed by pretty bad days. Detoxing maybe?

6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Are you doing more /too much on the good days leading to the battery running too low ?

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Could be a factor. When I get some energy I probably try to do too much since I try to get caught up on stuff. I'm just taking a ton of daily notes right now to try to figure this out. The energy boost I got when I first started doing it was just AMAZING! I look back and think "Did that really happen or was it just my imagination?" But then I saw other people getting amazing results too so I thought that it must be real.

8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Does icing the wrist make a big difference in the amount of UV/IR you can hold or does it just help a bit? When I had the big effect a while ago I was icing but haven't been icing lately.

9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Merry Xmas to everyone!

Here is a bit of a recap of what I have been doing the last few months:

Nov 1st - stopped taking SSRI just to see what would happen because I really wasn't feeling that bad mood wise.

Nov 7th- started getting very good results from what seems to be the UV/IR lights but I also was getting a few more headaches.

Nov 22nd - started taking Lysine (4000 mg spread over the day) to combat headaches. I got such amazing results the last few weeks so my intuition (which seemed to be heightened incredibly) told me that I had the herpes virus and maybe lyme spirochetes in my left retina (the damaged one).
    I did contract herpes from my wife many years ago (being young and dumb) and I did have mono as a teenager (also a herpes virus).

Dec 5th - Noticed a big improvement in headaches but started feeling lousy mentally. Tried cysteine but I found that also made me feel lousy

Dec 23 - started taking selenium (400ug-1000ug) since I saw it on Dr. Klinghardt's lyme protocol to suppress any possible viral activity.

Dec 25th- so far so good- no headaches yet!

lilreddgirl and Jude like this.
  10. lilreddgirl

lilreddgirl New Member

What if your headaches might be 'healing headaches' like Mel mentioned experiencing while she was healing her eyes with her sungazing biohack?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Anything's possible I suppose. At least it's a positive way of looking at it. Again, I have to remind myself that healing is not linear. I've been feeling depressed today because of the lack of effects that I've been getting from the UV lately.
    I mean when I first tried it, it was like "Holy shit!! This is great!" That even went on for a while, for like a month and a half. I was feeling pretty good.
    The frustrating thing about feeling mentally crappy is the exhaustion and lack of motivation to help ones self. When other people see it they can't understand it.

lilreddgirl likes this.
  12. Inger

Inger Silver

Have you only been eating optimal, seasonal foods in addition to your other things like UV?
    I would be very careful with cheating if you are not feeling well.... I know food is only a small part but it is very important too at least for me.
    I need to do anything right that I can to feel my best.
    I one day tried to eat coconut and papaya in the evening to see how it impacted me and it made me anxious and unwell, uh! Not good.
    But I think it was a cool experiment to observe how my body react - even if it was pretty unpleasant.. ;)

lilreddgirl and Cpt.Tired like this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I absolutely agree with you....food is still a huge part for me. The thing that I have noticed that probably has the biggest impact on how I feel is circadian cycles. What I eat and do when I first wake up is big.
    Yesterday I felt depressive all day, especially at night. My dopamine was completely tanked! I can tell because I know what to do but I just don't have the drive or energy to do it.
    I read somewhere about a experiment that was done with rats. They gave them something to block dopamine. The rats were so unmotivated that they wouldn't even eat the food that was placed right in front of them even though they were starving!
    That's how I feel sometimes.
    I find that I need a lot of protein to feel well. If my dopamine is 'ok' I will eat oysters, shrimp and scallops. But if it is low I tend to default to cottage cheese and milk:shit::mmpft:. I know that its not optimal at all but I figure that it's better than nothing.
    The worst days are the ones when I open the fridge in the AM and there is NO protein.
    The grocery stores around here used to carry frozen oysters. I think I cleaned them out because they don't carry them anymore. They were very easy in the AM.
    I also find that eating a generous amount of coconut oil spread throughout the day helps me too. The downside to that is my appetite is ruined when the time comes to eat real food.
    Today so far (11:23AM) I feel much better than I did yesterday. I had my BAB and a vyvanse (50mg). The vyvanse is a big problem for me as I have stated before. Very hard to get off of but I have to keep trying. It works great for depression for me but it causes real problems.
    My blood pressure lately has been terrible! 160/104! That is just stupid. But I'm not depressed. That's the tough part.
    I stopped my SSRI a while ago. Maybe it was helping to keep my blood pressure lower.
    Maybe I really need to start doing CT again. I've only really been doing the cold shower thing and only really for about a minute or two.

14. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Time to do something spontaneous and new. Dopamine is a fickle friend in this world. One element of the lights working was your belief,your buying your trying. You cannot alwy up the ante. Sometimes you have to hold still and wait it out. This is my misgiving about the bulbs to help. They are also a supplement ,can be more but on their own they are just that. CT ,ocean CT may be a good thing s this is one thin g that is harder to overdo.

Your dopamine profile looks like mine . My fish eating depends on dopamine being high. It rarely is at night .
    Morning is where my creativity lies. Have you analysed your needs according to time of day? Maybe you need a meditation session somewhere, a sunbed?

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  15. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thank you to everyone that has posted suggestions since I have came to this site. I might not do them all but they all help me to learn. Sometimes I will remember them at a later date and the timing and inspiration is just right for me to implement it. When my brain is a mess I still take it in but I usually don't have the energy to do anything about it.
    Not yet anyway...

16. Inger

Inger Silver

You need to always take care you have protein at home my dear..... ;)
    Easy... buy a load of canned fish for emergency, always keep fresh pastured eggs at home, they want spoil fast.... and keep a large chunk of some pastured meat or organs on a wooden plate... it keeps forever!
    Never ever run out of them... easy :)

I need lots of protein too.........I just feel great eating it so I do! I have lots of salmon or other seafood like shrimp in my freezer too so I always can eat from there

Seems for you a BAB is very important and that is a very easy issue to solve, thanks God ;) :)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I probably have been overdoing the lights and not paying enough attention to the other things that have proven time and time again to help me. I think I may get a bit of a placebo effect from Jack's enthusiasm. But the effect that I did get for a while there was just incredible!( Mind you I still haven't gotten off the stimulant completely)
    The number one thing for me is a high protein and fat diet.:):)
    CT is also a very good suggestion. I have to get a bit inventive with that one since my summer CT 'pond' is now a full on river!

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I especially notice that I feel good if I eat a ton of protein the night before. I love eggs but what about winter time? I do have a food sensitivity to eggs but that came up during a time that I was eating a TON of them.

19. Inger

Inger Silver

Then leave out eggs if you feel you are sensitive to them......or eat them just if you have nothing else - I bet it is better than milk and cottage cheese ;)

CT is a real Dopamine Booster... do not forget that.... :) :) :)
    I do my short cold rain barrel dip every single day......... I do not feel as good without it I can assure you!!!
    I love to soak in that rainwater filled with UV and some dirt in it.... it feels just amazing.......

Cpt.Tired and lilreddgirl like this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I'm almost embarrassed to admit the milk and cottage cheese thing. I've heard Jack say that whey protein is linked to cancer.
    That sure sucks. It's definitely not a permanent fix. Like ketosis, its just a holding pattern until we can fix our environment:):)
    If CT is a big dopamine booster then that is what I need more of for sure!!
    I've heard Jack say that before..but thanks for reminding me.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
    caroline likes this.