1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The quest to master dopamine.. Journal for Cpt. Tired

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Cpt.Tired, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Not bad from just the sun! With supplementation I've had it up to 150, but sunlight is always better.

Deverie_Night Owl and nicld like this.
  2. Deverie_Night Owl

Deverie_Night Owl New Member

Isn't that the truth! Perhaps our health wouldn't be so compromised if those things were easy to stop. I think about the "habit" vs. the "addiction" and wonder if they are the same.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  3. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Hair 1b.jpg Hair 2b.jpg Here is my latest Hair mineral analysis:

Attached Files:

4. b612

b612 New Member

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  5. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Well.. I got the Magnetico so that increases detox. I'm taking lots of vitamin C as well (good for detox). My calcium and zinc are low so I'm taking those to replace the lead and aluminum. I should also get some more strontium because I am low in that.
    My naturopath says rather than take the metals out directly it's better to add the minerals that you are low in because the metals have taken their place. Calcium and zinc are the big ones it looks like. I'm also taking Chlorella before bed so it is in my blood stream while I sleep on the Magnetico. The calcium and zinc bump out the toxic metals because the metals basically took their seat when calcium and zinc weren't around. Then the Chlorella binds to those metals when they are floating in the bloodstream. The chlorella is then excreted with the metals.
    Its a slow process but it is working. This test is better than my last one. The lead is the main one to get rid of. It's very neurotoxic. It is coming down but slowly.

6. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

You might want to read a bit more on chlorella and "detox"....look in the old threads on the magnetico. Also...if you learn a bit more about Calcium efflux, you might not feel good about taking it....the "fill in the holes" way that ND often look at labs (some of them anyway) doesn't really account for the interaction you are having with your environment.

There are some good threads and blogs to read on transition metals.....I know there is so much material archived it's difficult to find sometimes, but JK has written a lot about metals...it's worth searching all of that stuff. I'm not trying to be negative....just nudging you to do some more reading and rewrite your equations a bit....

7. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks Seahorse for your input. I really appreciate any input I get, especially from people who have had experience with Jack and his massive amount of knowledge. I am just fascinated with this stuff but I do find the blogs a little tough to read because Jack can really get into the fine detail (which is great) but for me, I really need the 30,000 ft view before I get into real details. That being said, when it comes down to my actual condition, the details are great.
    I find the webinars great because I can just listen to them over and over again on my iPhone at work or when I am driving. Every time I listen to them I find a new piece to the puzzle!
    I know that you have been here for a while since I hear Jack mention your name quite frequently in the webinars. You're the one with the pond in your backyard in Vermont? That's awesome!

Yeah I was a little hesitant about the calcium when I added it to my protocol. (It was me who added it, not my naturopath). Its not very much but at the end of the week maybe I'll stop the calcium.
    I did notice a few weeks ago when I increased my Chlorella that I did not feel well and had the runs for several days. That's when I did my HS-CRP test and it came back high (12.6).
    I asked a few questions here and searched a bit but I couldn't find a lot of info on chlorella. I'll use different key words like "transition metals"

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Here is my report from February/15: hair tissue analysis pg1.jpg hair tissue analysis pg2.jpg

My calcium actually has improved, even without supplementation so I will remove the calcium next week. The zinc seems to be a stubborn one to improve, even with me eating LOTS of oysters as well as supplementation. It is coming up though.

The LEAD is what I really want to remove! Its coming down about the same rate as zinc is coming up (hmmm...)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  9. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Update-

So this morning I tried a 'light box' that I borrowed from a friend (it looked more like a light book).
    Man was it ever blue!!! I felt the beginnings of a headache almost immediately!
    I went to work anyway hoping that I could supplement my way out of it, or maybe a large cup of coffee would kill it. Nope. I had to leave early again after three hours. It's still kind of hanging around.
    I've never liked that 'blue-white' tinted fluorescent light, even before I knew about the health risks. Now I REALLY don't like it!

(blue) light box= fail

10. b612

b612 New Member

Same here...
    Back to Mercola... you'll be OK as long as your vitamin D levels are optimal :D We are all poisoned, there's no doubt. The difference is how we react to them.
    Just trying to be positive ;)

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  11. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Vitamin D is also a sign of your redox potential. I've had it higher in the past when I was supplementing. It's not bad but it could be better so I'm going to supplement with 5000iu.
    You do have to be careful with supplements if you are exposed to a lot of EMF.

Jude likes this.
  12. Jude

Jude Gold

What is your reason for starting supplementing againo_O?
    You mention that your level isn't bad:rolleyes:
    Do you remember JK recommends............ if you make it don't take it:eek:
    4yrs ago most beginners on the forum, incl me, supplemented in beginners ignorance:confused: got some pretty high levels too ! since then, have managed to raise levels to 95+ because of managing protocols better. It's possible;)takes time, is all I'm really saying:)

caroline and Cpt.Tired like this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Today was a better day even though I didn't sleep well last night. I tried the light trick again this morning. (After BAB I have been coming downstairs and going on the computer for about 20 minutes with the room light on and the desk light shining towards my face. The desk light has an amber bulb). Once again I did not feel near as fatigued in the morning at work as I have been for quite a while.
    Maybe light really is more important than food!

14. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

It's funny that you say that because I just re read my last post and thought 'maybe supplementing vitamin D isn't such a great idea'

15. Jude

Jude Gold

Perhaps the fact that your levels aren't that.bad..... is testament to the work you have already implemented in your life?:D

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  16. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Thanks for the encouraging words, Jude. It may be that intuitively, whenever I'd be warm and outdoors I would always take my shirt off. I know these days it is looked upon as a little 'rude' but it didn't used to be back in the '70's and '80's. Now that I know better I REALLY don't care what people think!:p

Scompy likes this.
  17. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Today's update:

Woke up with a mild headache:mad:. I phoned in because I know it will just get worse as the day progresses. My philosophy is - sure, I could go in and struggle to get through the day which would induce significant stress working in the heat with a hardhat on, make some money, but how many days am I losing on the back end of my life by doing that? I'm not 'broke' and the work is not really 'rush' so I might as well avoid the stress.

It can be easy for me to get down because I am missing so much work. And it's not really because of the money. It's more because of my own pride and just feeling 'unreliable'

But I am getting some success towards health. Increasing my vitamin c intake has helped and getting more light in the AM has really helped too. My hair mineral analysis trend is also improving.
    I was originally getting up in the AM, going outside on the grass and looking up towards the sun but I found that I wasn't really feeling any benefit. I would also try to get the occasional quick sun exposure on my eyes when I was at work (I'd go outside for a minute and look up at the sun) without really feeling much either.
    It seems to me that I feel the real benefit when the exposure to light in the AM is LONGER, like 15 min. - a half hour.
    Even just going on the computer for 20 minutes in the AM with all the lights on seems to be working :). I know it's not the ideal solution and far from a permanent one but I do feel better and fall asleep in the evening sooner as well.
    I'm not feeling that overwhelming fatigue at work in the AM anymore. I just hope this benefit continues.....:). Getting the headaches under control is the real issue. I wonder how much of my headaches are due to my left eye. My left eye got badly damaged when I was a kid because I stupidly smashed a pop bottle. My vision is very poor and the connection to the brain has decreased a lot over time. I can tell because when I cover my good eye the darkness signal is stronger than the regular image in my bad eye. Maybe I need to strengthen that signal so my SCN gets better signalling.

18. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Update: I've been experimenting with the Marty Hinz amino acid protocol lately to try and help me get off of these medications that are just depleting my neurotransmitters.

Apparently you can take a LOT of amino acid precursors and not have any of the problems with "serotonin syndrome". But you have to take both precursors together and not in isolation.
    The ratio is 100 mg of 5-HTP to 1000 mg of L-tyrosine.
    L- cysteine should also be taken while taking these aminos.

I think I'm feeling something from it but it's a little early to tell. I'm taking approx 900 mg/5-HTP to 9000 mg / L-tyrosine spread evenly over the day.

19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Update: I have been feeling some benefit from the protocol above, mostly with better focus at work and less "planning anxiety". It's not a big change but it is something. It all adds up.
    I only had one headache this work week and one the week before. Chocolate is my Kryptonite!

I played a gig with my band last night at a wedding. Half way through our second set I was really starting to feel the groove (a good sign). We had quantum coherence I could tell because when you play really well and are truly enjoying yourself it effects the entire band AND the crowd. The band was like "I think that's the best we have ever played! That was so wicked!" It all started with me and having a moment of vastly improved brain health.
    Of course, I was out to 1 AM so today was a "brain dead" day.:zzz:
    I did some good CT in the creek, though. It's required after a night like that!:)

Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
    nicld likes this.
  20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

For some reason I had a terrible sleep last night. I was awake for a good chunk of it and I felt depression for most of the morning but it improved around lunch and its okay now. I usually reload all of my supplements for the upcoming week on Saturday. I have one of those weekly supplement containers. Every week I usually tweak the dosages a bit. One thing that I did is I have all of my l-cysteine in my evening dose. l-cysteine depletes serotonin and dopamine so this may explain why I slept shitty and felt depressive in the AM.
    L-cysteine is also a sulfur amino acid. I have a couple of CBS snps in my transulphration pathway so I don't know how these two play together but I'll do a bit of research on it tonight.

] monamine-metsbolism.jpg