1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum. After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum. Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis. Sorry for the Inconvenience, but we hope you understand that this is needed to prevent the community from being ridden with malicious users!

THE QUANTLET MITO-HACKING THREAD

Discussion in 'The Quantlet' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Joe Gavin

Joe Gavin Face Everything And Rise

"
    The treatment consisted of applying PBM in the form of a light emitting diode (LED) array (Marubeni America Corp, Santa Clara, CA) with a peak wavelength of 810 nm with a full width half maximum of 40 nm, delivering an irradiance of 250 mW/cm2 when applied at 4 mm from the skin. The treatment consisted of exposure to the light for 4 minutes (total delivered fluence per site of 60 J/cm2) at each of 2 sites on the forehead that correspond to the 10-20 EEG sites, F3, and F4. Based on a penetration of 3.7% of the light to the dura, we calculated that 2.1 J/cm2was delivered to each of the treated areas of the brain. The level of light exposure at the skin was well below the irradiance allowed by the ANSI standard of 320 mW/cm2. Based on that standard, we conclude that the level of light exposure either to the skin (power density of 250 mW/cm2 and total fluence of 60 J/cm2) and to the surface of the brain (power density of 9.5 mW/cm2 and total fluence of 2.1 J/cm2) to each of the 2 treated areas of the forehead poses no significant risk as discussed above. Subjects wore protective eyewear even though the physician administering the PBM was careful to not shine the light in or near the eyes. The output of our device is at least 5 times less than the PhotoThera laser device (personal communication, Luis DeTaboada, PhotoThera Inc, Carlsbad, CA) that was used without observed side-effects in stroke patients [17], and was found in a study of the rat brains exposed to light to cause no observable behavioral or cellular alterations [31]. In the human stroke study, the patients' heads were shaved and they were treated at 20 sites around the entire head. Subjects were not shaved in the present study as light was applied only to the forehead.

The rationale for the optical parameters were as follows: The wavelength of 810-nm is optimum for light penetration of living tissue due to minimization of absorption by all three major tissue chromophores, hemoglobin, melanin and water. Moreover this wavelength has been shown to be effectively absorbed by mitochondria that are believed to be responsible for the biological effects of photobiomodulation. The energy density (60 J/cm2) was chosen with reference to other published studies reporting transcranial laser for stroke in humans and knowledge about the optical properties of human tissue as discussed in the text. The power density (250 mW/cm2) was chosen to be safe and avoid heating of the skin."

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2796659/
    Nathan likes this.
  2. Nathan

Nathan Gold

Thanks Joe.
  3. PaulG

PaulG Gold

When my Quantlet arrives, I was thinking of doing a hack using a magnetic bracelet with the Quantlet to draw oxygen/rbc closer to the surface as o2 is paramagnetic but I don't want to break it!

I wonder if the Quantlet team tested the device around magnetic fields (magnetico etc)
  4. Joe Gavin

Paul, from what I understand, the cooling unit is designed to do what you wrote so a mag bracelet is probably unnecessary. With its position over the radial artery, it will get to blood quite easily.
  5. Dextery

Dextery New Member

6. Joe Gavin

Per Quantlet team, Lollipop should work as it came out AFTER KitKat. KitKat is the minimum required.
  7. Dextery

Dextery New Member

My LG tribute HD phone is using the Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system and it is not compatible with the Quantlet app. The OS is the latest as of Oct 2016. I have had the phone 3 months. Is the 6.0.1 not ever going to be compatible? No response from info@quantlet.com
  8. The Quantlet app is supposed to be able to run on any Android version later than 4.4, so there seems to be an issue with the version verification on Google Play.

As a workaround, I downloaded the .apk installation file directly from
    https://apkplz.com/android-apps/the-quantlet/the-quantlet-1-0-6-apk-download
    and installed it "manually". It appears to be running correctly on my Android 5.1 device, although I don't yet know for sure if it is fully functional, as I have yet to receive my Quantlet.
  9. Dextery

Dextery New Member

I have downloaded the Quantlet app to my 6.0.1 Android OS phone but it will not pair with bluetooth enabled to the Quantlet.
  10. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

Effects not obvious. Friend said she felt "fantastic" after protocol. For me, more subtle effects. Have energetic days and some less so. Cumulative effect possible. Had good sleep last night, could be various factors.
  11. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I have used the Wellness mode every morning this week.

While I can't say my that energy has suddenly increased, I can say that I've handled a really stressful week very well. Husband was in hospital for three days and I also worked my normal schedule during this time period. I just did what I needed to do and without a meltdown. Slept well each night.

Back to normal life now. I will be experimenting with my Quantlet this weekend and hope to get the device onto his wrist too (that may take some finagling.)
    kovita and Nathan like this.
  12. Yowanas

Yowanas New Member

Joe,
    Jack said something on a podcast about quantlets with carbon fiber cases. Do the beta units have carbon fiber cases? Or will that feature soon be available?
  13. QuantifiedBob

QuantifiedBob New Member

Has anyone taken methylene blue while running Quantlet protocols? Someone suggested I should run a custom program with 370nm (UV) and 660nm (red) after taking methylene blue, pulsed at the highest rate.
  14. Mikeg

Mikeg New Member

can you choose specific light frequencies in custom protocol? i see an infrared and a hz setting.
  15. QuantifiedBob

QuantifiedBob New Member

No, each type of light has 1 frequency (i.e., use the UV and red LEDs) which are close to those frequencies.
  16. JMO

JMO Silver

Hi Joe,
    Have you been able to use your GDV camera to see what frequencies help your fields or have you been able to use it to facilitate adding energy to a specific area (use cold pack?). Do you have the Bio-well GDV camera? Thanks for any info...thinking about getting one. Of course there are other things on my list too.
  17. Joe Gavin

Hello. I haven't tested with it yet. I have one and will do so tomorrow to post here. i will write that my sleep has been much improved. i've added a good 45 minutes to an hour more to sleep cycle. no, i don't track it with it anything.
  18. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Used the Muscle Activation protocol on 2 Myofascial Trigger points, after massaging it out and putting on muscle activation for 7 min at each site, pain went from 6 to a 1. Two days later minor pain returned to a much lesser degree. Going to continue treatment twice a week till they disappear.
    [​IMG]
  19. Brick Fit House

Brick Fit House New Member

Two week update! Got my Quantlet on 3/7, and after two weeks here are some takeaways:

• I've been using Performance60 in place of coffee in the mornings, and it is fantastic. Saving money on coffee, but also I just don't have the desire to make it any more. It's like I'm "topped up" already and no longer have any use for it. I'll also use Performance60 in the afternoons if I'm feeling a slump. It's also fantastic to look outside, see a cloudy morning, and know I'm still mainlining ROYGBIV anyway.
    • I've stopped taking all nootropics as well. I was serially taking Alpha Brain and Ciltep, as well as some nootropic coffees, but now they make me feel strange and jittery after having accumulated a couple weeks of Quantlet use. I'm about to save an assload of money not buying those anymore.
    • Speaking of things I'm not buying anymore-- after using the Sleep/Recovery protocol for a couple weeks, I no longer have to buy the sleep supplement I was taking occasionally when I really needed to get a great night. My girlfriend I share the Quantlet for that protocol during the hour before bed and we both are sleeping like dead people.
    • My mustache is incredibly robust and aggressive. So no change there.
    • The spot treatment clears up the occasional zit, turns out. 1x/day, takes 15 minutes.
    • The spot treatment also helps with joint soreness.
    • Performance60 is great for hangovers, crucially.
    • I made a protocol with no light and the TEC only (entitled "Chill, brah!). Down here in TX, used it a couple times when I was outside and overheated. It's incredible for bringing the temperature down to normal.
    • And of course, my hard-ons are tip-top. I'm not gonna try to pretend like I haven't fired up a Performance 60 right before a sweaty roll in the hay. GF says I can't wear it during the main event, but she has agreed to change our safe word to "DOUG WALLACE."
    That's about all for now. This thing is worth the wait. Completely weird to have drug-like effects without any side-effects or cumbersome delivery methods.
  20. Tommyboy

Tommyboy New Member

Doing any fancy hacks with the ARX-fit and the quantlet?