1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The people of the AM sun

Discussion in 'Feedback/Suggestions' started by shiran, Aug 13, 2017.

1. shiran

shiran Curious

The AM sun fascinates me..
    Yesterday's Sunrise was clear with no clouds , I saw all the stages it was amazing.
    today's sunrise was not the same:
    Here In the 31 latitude
    started rising at 6:03 covered by clouds
    Then the sun Popped through the clouds at 6:30 with a brighter light

I missed the red colors at the start...

Is that a problem for my hormones?
    Did I get the right singles although I didn't see the IR?
    Winter is coming... what then ?
    As I understand The sunrise exposure is critical ...
    What do you guys do and how are your experiences with the sunrises?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK New Member

I think grey skies is a camera thing, its not really grey if I look through a prism. The splitting of light through the prism shows me what my SCN and body surfaces can "see", that my camera vision can't. :cool:

seanb4, ScottishEmma and Phosphene like this.
  3. Ted

Ted New Member

The AM sun we need is pre-uva, regardless of the season. That starts the signalling for our hormones. That time will vary at different times of the year and latitude. When uva shows up, then it does all the other magic to our skin and hormones. And as Sue said, the sun is always there, even beneath the clouds. You can't have perfect, clear sunrises every morning.

4. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

I'm glad you posted this. Thank you. I recently dowloaded the D Minder app. I look towards the sun each morning as I wake up, which is around 5:45am to 6:30am. It shows there's no UV light. I didn't realize there was no UV light before a certain hour. I just assumed there was UV light when the sun rises. The prescription is to get am sunlight because it has UV and IR light. But how is that possible with no UV? Do we need to wait until UVA is present? Your post suggests not. So I'm confused. Also, am I supposed to look 15 degrees below the sun to the right of the sun or to the left of the sun? I'm also trying to get UVB light during solar noon. I've started out with 15 to 20 mins each day. UV is at 11 during this time. After watching Alexander Wunsch, that's seems to be the most critical time of the day as he mentions nothing about am sunlight. Your thoughts are appreciated.

Green Eyes and Annemarie Heise like this.
  5. kris90

kris90 New Member

At sunrise, you have a balance of blue and red. This is the stimulus to turn on the pituitary gland to release hormones. A couple hours later, UVA shows up, and that lowers the release of the pituitary hormones.

The idea is to spend as much time in AM sun as you can so you get the initial stimulus, and then the transition to UVA.

It all has to do with how the sun controls deuterium in you. Blue light favors deuterium in tissues to encourage adequate growth while UVA and IRA light keep deuterium in your blood so you can make UVC light to program the aromatic amino acids that control the timing mechanism (circadian rhythm).

Jack's Vermont 2017 talk is all about how we make things with mass and structure by slowing light down. He showed that the AM stimulus (blue/red) increased mass of the pituitary gland which demonstrates how light can be transformed into mass (chemicals, hormones). On the flip side, Jack's Vermont 2018 talk was about how we convert mass (deuterium) into light (UVC), and this light does some major programming in us for wellness.

Annie Dru, Annemarie Heise and drezy like this.
  6. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Thank you for your response.
    When you say AM sun, you mean AM before UVA light comes out, correct?

For example, you say UVA and IRA. That's only after a the AM light, correct? When I say AM light, I mean BEFORE the UV Index shows any # on it.

What about how to look in the direction of the sun exactly? I've seen Jack's 2017 and 2018 talks. He say generally 15 degrees away from the sun. What does that mean exactly? I know I'm not supposed to look into the sun. Just trying to get a handle on it. It can be very difficult some days to wake up and look directly in the direction of the sun. My eyes (or at least one of them) wants to close.

As far as Deuterium, I'm lost on that one. I'm reading a lot of other stuff, but not that yet. Trying to catch up. I'll figure that one out in due time. Same goes for EZ water.

Allin likes this.
  7. Ted

Ted New Member

Nice explanation Chris.

He means you need to stay in the sun for both the pre-uvA and also the transition into the uvA. You need both. You can look directly at the sun if it is within 1 hour of the actually sunrise. I do this every day without a problem. If not, just look slightly away.

Sajid Mahmood and kris90 like this.
  8. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Thank you. I appreciate both responses very much.

9. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes what Ted says. AM is literally sunrise until noon. Sunrise is always blue/red, and UVA shows up within a couple hours of sunrise. You want to get as much of that sun as you can (both blue/red sunrise, and the UVA transition). We are designed to capture that stimulus every morning.

As for deuterium, read the old patreon blogs that came out late 2017, and then the QT series. Watch the Vermont 2018 talk and it will all come together. You will see how sunlight controls where deuterium goes, and why it matters. The light we get from the sun is not the same as the light we make inside our body. But we need the sun's electromagnetic force (i.e. UVA) as well as the IR light to help us generate this special light that becomes a laser.

John Nicholas and Sajid Mahmood like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

10:30 AM CST on my Dr. Jack Kruse FB page. BE there and read it on August 1, 2018.

11. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Thank you again. Today was interesting. Since Ted said in his previous post one can look directly into the sun for the first hour, I did exactly that. I was surprised by what I saw. Looking just in the direction of the sun, it was yellow to a bit orange. Looking directly into the sun for a little bit, it was pretty much purple. As time went on, it was purple and blue. And it switched often. Sometimes the purple was in the middle and the blue surrounded the purple, or it would come in different waves.

Is that what Jack means about purple light? He goes back and forth between purple light and red light, so I wasn't sure. It's the first time I ever experienced seeing that before. It was pretty cool.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  12. Ted

Ted New Member

By purple, he is referring to UV light.

John Nicholas likes this.
  13. kris90

kris90 New Member

Yes UV he calls purple and IR he calls red.

Phosphene likes this.
  14. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

I've watched this video a few times now. Jack states best time for the sunlight is between 8am and 11am. I've been spending most of my time pre-8am before I go to work. I set my alarm to catch the sunrise for about 30 mins. I've recently done a small window of transition when UVA is present. Only a few mins because I've got morning meetings.

So is sunrise just as important as when IR light and UVA light are present (such as he states at 8am)? Also, is there an ideal time MINIMUM time frame in the sun. Here's why I ask: Jack has also stated in another podcast as a person is awake in the morning, within 30 mins, look at the sun between 1 and 3 mins to set your biological clock (I'm assuming that means the SCN) and that's all it takes for the day. Again, I'm assuming he means "as soon as the person is awake" should be close to when the the sun rises as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

15. drezy

drezy New Member

You have some really good fundamental questions.

May I ask why you ended up coming on back after a year?

I totally get why people bail or otherwise get hung up with life. You evaporated for like a year and now you're back with some good questions. I'm curious how that timing and process plays out.

Since I'm asking information from you I'll offer up something as well. A "minimum" time would likely depend on your haplotype. Frankly I often try to find my maximum time in the sun. So far all day with a max UVindex of 13 has resulted from a little skin flecking off the tip of my nose after putting in the work to develop a solar callous. That's pretty unheard of for me. Take you whitest t-shirt and bleach it twice... That's previous me.

Would you mind describing your decision to return from your hiatus here if it's not already in your journal?

Phosphene likes this.
  16. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Happy to answer.

Honestly, I thought Jack was a dick to people. Terse, unpleasant, arrogant and condescending. I liked his message instinctively, but I didn't totally understand it as it's way over my head. I didn't want to continue to ask stupid questions and feel like I'm being chastised. My 18 year old daughter hears me listening to pod casts he's on and she says, "Why do you listen to that jerk all the time. He's so mean."

His videos portray a different person. I believe his intentions are good and that's most important to me. He still has similar characteristics, but I've decided to put aside the messenger and listen to the message. After all, it's free and it also generous of him to spend his time helping people. Therefore, I decided it was me who had the problem and not Jack. After all, I'm on is site, he's not on mine. I don't have one.

Regardless, the more videos I see, the more I understand. The more it relates to me. The more I gravitate to his insight, regardless of how it's delivered.

I've also noticed, there are a lot of smart people on this site like yourself, Kris 90 and several others who really have a deep understanding of what's going on.

As for me, I'm obese. bad cholesterol is high and good is low. I have have muscle fatigue and it's been getting worse, a poorly working thyroid (managed well by Armour Thyroid), high blood pressure and fatigue. Cortisol levels are lower than they should be in the am, and in the evening they rise.

I've become allergic to eggs, which I love. I've been eating a ton of seafood (trying to find as much wild as possible, but much of it is farmed. However, like eggs, I have diarrhea when I eat scallops, oysters and lobster. I love lobster and scallops. I don't usually have a problem with shrimp. But eating Epi-Paleo (I have his book) is hard because I'm on the toilet all the time. I also have no sex drive whatsoever. And testosterone replacement increases my testosterone, but does nothing for my libido. Jack also has said that happens.

I just heard one of his videos where he says with proper light, magnetism and epi-paleo, those allergies should clear up when I'm not so toxic from blue light and nnemf. I've always on my laptop (on my lap most of the time or on my chest in bed) and iPhone. I've watched too much TV over the years and my sleep was not good. I tend to sleep during the day when I can because my energy levels crash during the mid-morning or afternoon.

I just went on the 5 day Fasting-Mimicking Diet to try something drastic. It was easy to do (which was surprising) and I didn't cheat once. My energy levels are great. I slept good. My edema in my legs have completely gone. I feel it has really put me on the right track of being totally focused and disciplined on my heath.

I'd already started the Epi-Paleo diet about 10 days before I started the Fasting-Mimicking Diet. Now that I'm off of that, I'm back to Epi.

I enjoy coconut oil, coconut manna, I've eliminated dairy, I do have grass fed butter and olive oil and doing many other things he suggests such as meal timing and trying eat when it's light out, four hours before I sleep and trying to get the sunrise. I've also been in the sun at solar noon for 15 minutes to get my D levels up.

I cut out Diet Coke (which I had 5 to 7 a day for 30 years). I know it made me eat more. I'm drinking spring water and really enjoy drinking San Pelligrino or Gerolsteiner. Those take away my cravings for Diet Coke.

I'm totally focused on the sun now and plan on rearranging my life to revolve around it, eliminating blue light (using Iris-mini instead of F.lux and find it much better), I do not let any lights in my path during the evening if I can avoid it. My family things I'm nuts. I will be happy when my food allergies go away. I love raw scallops, I've come to like oysters, and really love raw salmon sashimi. I also love eating Miso soup and it has seaweed in it. But I fear Miso having to do with soy is a problem.

I also ordered 23&me to get my haplotype.

So I hope that answers your questions.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    gaenor, Annie Dru, Natalie R. and 5 others like this.
  17. drezy

drezy New Member

Not that I was owed that kind of answer, but it was refreshingly honest and thorough.

John, you may be less of a tourist than I thought you were.

I think the habit changes you've made are good for you.

If you disregard the contents of the bag based on the exterior of the bag the information here and I will be of limited use to you.

There are lots of etiquette rules in a herd mentality. I think if you separate commonly recognized etiquette from actual information content it'll be of massive use to you.

My own demographic and upbringing (I thought we all read how Magwhich was Pip's sponsor in Great Expectations and learned, but whatever ) made this obvious to me, but I understand that it's not obvious to all.

Stick around and I'm following.

Mystic Rose60 and Phosphene like this.
  18. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

Thank you!

19. drezy

drezy New Member

No problem. Just realize that there are people out there who give a shit about you that don't sound very nice on paper.

20. John Nicholas

John Nicholas New Member

I have another few questions related to DHA (given this is ultimately about light) and grounding for anyone who knows:

Aside from sleeping on a Magentico mattress, what is a good way to ground on a 2nd floor? I own with a condo on top. It's 12 feet above ground, but is there a way to ground it so I'm tied to the earth?

Where are people getting wild (not farmed) salmon - so I can make sashimi myself? Everything I see is farmed. Even at Whole Foods. There's some wild sockeye salmon that's smoked. Is there a good place online?

Lastly, how important is bone broth really? Any recommendation from where to buy it online from?