1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The PCOS Support Thread!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 12, 2012.

1. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Okay, here's another question...I was reading up on fertility and said if you do ovulate, you will bleed. Is this true? I thought perhaps I was ovulating based on CM, but then again, I haven't seen a menstrual cycle yet or any spotting for that matter.

Honestly, I'm starting to get really scared. My husband is starting to talk babies, and I will admit, I think I will be ready within the next year or so for one, too. But, I'm worried I won't be able to get pregnant, or if I do, I will miscarry. Between hashis and pcos and not cycling, how screwed am I?

2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Not true. I've gotten pregnant w/o TOTM. there has been record of young girls who haven't had their cycle getting pregnant - why? they're ovulating before they actually start cycling - their hormones are awake and kicking - the difference is the uterine lining isn't building up. Additionally, when women have lactational ammenehorea - they can still ovulate and get pregnant - so IMO and IME total BS. track your cycles, temp, cm, cervix height/opening. etc. you'll begin to see a pattern. do you have Taking Charge of your fertility? its a great book. FWIW if I can get pregnant and carry 2 separte kids w/o any significant P throughout my cycle. As you continue working on your health things will change, you'll get there. is there a guarantee - no, but you're putting yourself in the best position for success, by changing your Leptin status. continue working on it...things will fall into place, though it may take a while... for the 1st time in my life I have predictable cycles - running like clockwork! initially all from the LR, now w/the BHRT from DzLogic - I'm actually migraine free, and TOTM isn't painful or miserable! I can actually function during TOTM.

3. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Taking Charge is where I thought I read that information, but thanks for clarifying. I keep reading blogs of people with PCOS who were able to return their menses within a few months of going paleo. I've been eating paleo/doing leptin reset since September and no signs of a cycle yet. I keep track of my temps, cm, etc. on fertility friend and am seeing a pattern, but as I up my thyroid meds, my temps go up, too, so it always thinks I'm pregnant because my temps are above my coverline. (Not the case!) I'm trying to be patient; it's just scary to think I might have issues making a baby in the future. I know I just have to keep doing what I'm doing, keep cravings/binging in check with lots of fat and protein, and stick to the timing of the leptin reset. Thanks for the advice!

4. Grizz

Grizz New Member

August,

Owl & mom28 are correct. Listen to what they say. The Dr. Brownstein Iodine Supplementation Program is exactly what you need to successfully treat your PCOS. Lugols or iodoral Iodine is the magic that successfully treats hypothyroidism, Fibrocystic Breast Disease, PCOS, Cysts, & Endometriosis in women. Also successfully treats Prostate BPH in men, iodine cured my own BPH problems. Every cell in our body requires iodine to be healthy, especially true for the thyroid, breasts brain & sex organs. Unfortunately we live in a sea of toxins that are constantly depleting what little iodine we have.

http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine%20update.htm#section18

Dr. Brownstein recommends titrating up to 50mg daily or more AND take the required supplements:

- - ½ tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt

- - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable (minerals have been stripped out )

- - 200 mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine preferred)

- - 400 mcg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred

- - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred

- - ATP Cofactors - contains 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 non-flushing in the correct ratio

For complete details, see this file.

http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

Also in this file are:

* MANY doctor articles,

* documented testimonials

* Videos

* instructions on properly titrating iodine to avoid detox symptoms

* What to do with detox symptoms

* Research Reports

As you can see in testimonials, iodine with required supplements take many months to treat. You can find a WEALTH of additional information, testimonials & tips at the CureZone Iodine Group. Search for PCOS here:

http://curezone.com/forums/f.asp?f=815&p=259

Please post your progress over at our little iodine group here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205-286.html#post860414

I won't be here much longer, so if you have any questions, now is the time to ask, or else visit our iodine group where I hang out,

Grizz

5. Grizz

Grizz New Member

August,

First of all, your thyroid requires
    more iodine than any other organ in your body. Yes your TSH is expected to rise and that is a normal reaction to giving your SICKLY thyroid its required iodine. As your thyroid slowly heals itself, you will be reducing your thyroid meds. Many people actually end up tossing their thyroid meds out when their thyroid completely heals. For others, the lack of iodine has permanently damaged their thyroids, and they will be required to take thyroid hormone meds for life. In either case, continue taking your iodine with required supplements because every cell in your body requires iodine, especially your breasts to prevent Fibrocystic Breast Disease, your uterus to prevent Uterus Cysts, and your ovaries to treat & prevent future PCOS. Just as important is iodine for your brain to prevent brain fog, depression, memory problems & migraine.

I suggest you follow Dr. Brownstien's supplement list exactly. Each supplement has very important reasons to be on the list. Your muli does not have enough B2 & B3 to be effective. If you want to get the most from your iodine, you MUST follow doctors orders, especially since you have PCOS. After your PCOS is cured, you may want to experiment more. The selenium is ESSENTIAL for your thyroid, I have several excellent articles that explain why, see Iodine References, chapter Selenium. The ATP Cofactors is essential to open pathways for toxins to exit & for iodine to enter your cells. Without the ATP Cofactors, you are wasting money on iodine. This is why iodine was not so effective the last time you tried. So if you want to heal your PCOS, then follow Doctors Brownstein Orders. Doctor knows best.

In regard to your thyroid labs. I want you to read this vital article.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205-256.html#post844257

The thyroid drives your metabolism. Thyroid labs are not accurate, they are affected by toxins in your body. Therefore, your thyroid labs are secondary to measuring your basal body temperature. BODY TEMP RULES WHEN IT COMES TO THE THYROID. Use your body temperature as the MAIN guage for taking your thyroid meds. You want to adjust your thyroid meds to stay at 98.6 degrees. As your thyroid heals from taking iodine, you will begin slipping into hyperthyroid, and your body temp will go above 98.6 degrees, and you reduce your thyroid medicine. You may eventually not need any more thyroid meds at all to keep your body temp at 98.6 degrees. My own hypothyroid was cured with iodine. My body temp is now a rock solid 98.6 every morning. I used to suffer from cold fingers & feet. I like my Vicks Brand digital thermometer, gets a large color reading in only 10 seconds. ALSO, at the heart of all of your hormones is the thyroid. Heal your thyroid with iodine and your hormones will naturally improve.

Lastly, it is vital to continue your iodine supplement program. The reason is all the Halogen Toxins attacking our iodine every day of the week. We must take enough iodine to overcome the toxins coming into our body every day. Bromide in bread & everything made with flour. Also Bromide in soft drinks, other foods. Then you have your water treated with Fluoride & Chlorine. Every major brand of Toothpaste has Fluoride, which causes tooth damage. So all of this is the reason why Dr. Brownstein recommends 50mg iodine for life. If you make every effort to eliminate Halogens from your life, you may be able to cut your iodine dosage to 12.5mg a day. A reverse osmosis filter for your water, fluoride free toothpaste, Bromide free bread, etc. VERY IMPORTANT TO READ ALL LABELS. If the product includes Bro... Flu... Chlo... don't buy it. Even then it is impossible to eliminate all sources. The Toxic Halogens are in drugs, vaccines, hair coloring, furniture, cars... everywhere.

See this article for halide toxins. This is a lifetime battle to keep this crap out of our bodies, and also keep our iodine reserves high.

Iodine References:

Any more questions?

Grizz

6. Grizz

Grizz New Member

One more very important concept described perfectly by Dr. Kruse,

In addition to taking iodine internally, to help speed up the healing process, you can paint iodine over the ovaries and paint the vulva to expedite more iodine directly to the ovaries. However use a carrier oil with the iodine because if iodine is applied repeatedly to the same skin spots every day, it will irritate the skin and result in dermatitis. Carrier oils to use include grapeseed oil, olive oil, etc.

The men suffering from Prostate Problems, desensitized Glans, erectile dysfunction & problems with ejaculate have found rapid improvement from painting iodine on the testicles.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205-249.html#post836849

Grizz

7. Grizz

Grizz New Member

A wimp with CT? If course, you are hypothyroid, so you suffer cold hands cold feet and all the other hypo symptoms including cold intolerance. When you get a proper thyroid med prescription, or cure your sickly thyroid, your cold intolerance will go away. You will need a Natural Thyroid Med
    , as explained at StopThe ThyroidMadness. Start charting your body temp every morning before getting out of bed.

Blood testing for the thyroid is pretty much useless. T3 ????. Synthroid is useless. Please read this link for how to properly choose a thyroid doctor, and which thyroid med to choose, chapter concerning doctors & which blood tests are worthwhile, which are useless. This link is GREAT for people with thyroid problems.

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/site-map/

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/how-to-find-a-good-doc/

If you paint your nipples & vulva for your Fibrocystic Breast Disease ( with oil carrier) and take the required supplements with iodine, I think your FBD will be the first to clear up within 3 months seems to be common. PCOS takes a lot longer. 6 months minimum comes to mind and severe PCOS can take 2 years. Here is the deal... Dr. Brownstein recommends higher levels (than 50mg) of iodine when a person has a disease. You might want to research how high to go. Some ladies in our group have gone as high as 100mg. I have documented a woman's case history in the Iodine References, chapter "Aggressive Iodine Dosing Notes." You might want to find an iodine doctor to help you with this. Here is the list of Iodine Doctors:

http://breastcancerchoices.org/ipractitioners.html

Good sources for research = Curezone & the Yahoo Iodine Group

Hope this helps,

Grizz

8. Grizz

Grizz New Member

August,

Another opinion from Dr. Flechas:

I just LOVE the Curezone Iodine Forum. There is a 5 year history of valuable iodine experiences documented.

Grizz

9. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

What's the dilution for the carrier oil... I've been using lugol's topically - no irritation this far.

10. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Great discussion. So, you can apply iodine to the vulva to help with PCOS? Using olive oil as a carrier? How often?How much?

Also, I see my doctor in a month, and she said if I didn't have my period yet (which I don't), she would want to put me on some meds. I don't know for sure what she wants, but I'm assuming one of the following: Clomid, metmorphin, glucophage, compounded progesterone (I'm already on the cream) or sprinolactone. Anyone have any experience with any of these?

11. Grizz

Grizz New Member

@@Souldanzer,

If you apply lugols to the same spot every day your skin will eventually develop dermatitis. Some people get around this by painting alternate locations. Example left nipple one day, right nipple the next day. Or painting over the Left Ovary one day and over the right ovary the next day. Placing a few drops of a carrier oil such as Grapeseed Oil or Olive Oil into the palm of your hand and mixing in a few drops of lugols, then rub the mixture over your desired painting area will prevent the dermatitus. I have used a small squeeze bottle to mix Grapeseed oil & Lugols, shake well before painting. Mix ratio is not an exact science. About 50/50 ratio seems to work well.

Do not use a carrier oil to paint skin lesions, or moles.
    The lugols should irritate those conditions in order to eliminate them.

@@Paleocowgirl,

What is your iodine daily dosage now? Dr. Brownstein will want you to titrate up to more than 50mg with the required supplements for PCOS.

Details here:

PCOS is treated successfully with iodine, see the testimonials in the above file. I can't discuss what your doctor wants to do. Ask your doctor to help you with iodine supplementation. If he won't there are plenty of iodine doctors that will:

http://breastcancerchoices.org/ipractitioners.html

How often? I don't have any references on that question yet. If it were me, I would paint every day, and in fact I do paint my testicles every day for manly problems. Also consider painting over the ovary location.

See these links:

Iodine and PCOS

(33) http://www.optimox.com/pics/Iodine/pdfs/IOD02.pdf

Orthoiodosupplementation: Iodine sufficiency of the whole human Guy. E. Abraham M.D.1, Jorge D. Flechas M.D.2 and John C. Hakala R.Ph.Our preliminary experience with I supplementation at 12.5 mg/day. Our findings in 3 patients with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) confirmed the positive response observed following supplementation with 10 to 20 mg of potassium iodide by Russian investigators 40 years ago (62). Prior to I supplementation, those PCOS patients were olygomenorrheic, menstruating one or twice a year. Following I supplementation for 3 months, they resumed normal monthly cycles.

(34) http://optimox.com/pics/Iodine/opt_Research_I.shtml

Listing of Iodine publications at the Optimox Web Site.

(35) http://optimox.com/pics/Iodine/IOD-10/IOD_10.htm

Orthoiodosupplementation in a Primary Care Practice Jorge D. Flechas, M.D.

Iodine deficiency may cause the ovaries to develop cysts , nodules and scar tissue. At its worse this ovarian pathology is very similar to that of polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS). As of the writing of this article I have five PCOS patients. The patients have successfully been brought under control with the use of 50 mg of iodine per day. Control with these patients meaning cysts are gone, periods every 28 days and type 2 diabetes mellitus under control.

(36) http://cypress.he.net/~bigmacnc/drflechas/index.htm

HelpMyThyroid, George Flechas MD web site

All from this excellent post at Curezone:

http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=1586646#i

Grizz

12. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Okay, dumb question, but how do you apply to your ovaries?

13. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Acute weight loss can cause HPA amenorrhea... so can too low a BMI or body fat. Did your doc clear you on those?

No idea about the medicines but I try to stay away from those always. Except maybe the progesterone but you can miscarry due to low P. I chose to never mess with this with meds.... and my body has always remembered how to fix it. It happens for a reason. My HPA amenorrhea cleared/clears up when I eat correctly and have my BMI/body fat in acceptable ranges.

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Thanks, Grizz. I had a horrible, horrible reaction to a surgeon using iodine to prep the surgical area a couple years ago. I was covered in terrible dermatitis while the surgeon subsequently blamed it on the pain killers (which I never took!... I used ice, lol, now I know why I didn't need the pain killers).

There might have been a preservative in the solution they used...

15. Grizz

Grizz New Member

You can't paint your ovaries. But you can paint the skin ABOVE the ovaries, and the vulva below the ovaries. Some women have even used an iodine douche ( a few drops of iodine mixed in with the douche ) Google "Iodine Douche" for more.

Grizz

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I don't recommend any woman uses douches for the most part... it really upsets your flora (or whatever it is called in that location :)) and can lead to more problems. Paint the iodine somewhere else. Iodine is an antiseptic and there's things you want to keep around in that area.

17. Grizz

Grizz New Member

18. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I missed this question earlier. Thanks, for all the info Grizz. I'm taking 5 drops of lugols each morning.

19. Grizz

Grizz New Member

I'm afraid that is not enough to satisfy Dr. Brownstein for PCOS. I suggest you google search for Brownstein PCOS
    for more details. I know he wants folks to titrate up to 50mg and more.

Grizz

20. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Thank you! I will look into this!