1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The PCOS Support Thread!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 12, 2012.

1. August

August ~

this is a thread for PCOS Support . . and for PCOS patients to discuss the effects of Dr Kruse's Protocols on PCOS!

Janette Layne likes this.
  2. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

PCOS here - I've seen a complete turn around in symptoms...

for the first time in my life I know when my TOTM is. Cyctic acne is disappearing...

I'm also on my 2nd mth of BHRT for the management of migraines and to address my E dominance

3. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

My sister has it pretty bad and my heart goes out to you all knowing how devastating that is to female. I hope this works for you.

4. Owl

Owl New Member

There is evidence that PCOS is caused by iodine deficiency. http://pcosinfo.com/iodine-deficiency/

I don't have PCOS, but I've started taking iodine because of the huge role it plays in the body.

5. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

I'll second the reccommended Iodine....in form of Lugol's Solution. Had PCOS after 6th baby...but only after Fibrocystic Breasts by 16, fibroid in uterus by 30, and goiter on thyroid by 39. All have miraculously dissappeared with Lugol's usage for last 5 years. With last pregnancy, doctor could find no traces of the very large uterine fibroid I had had for the last 10 years. Woooohoooo! Check out Dr. Brownstein's and Dr. Flechas' work on Iodine Defficiency. Christina...momma to 8

6. Owl

Owl New Member

That's fantastic!

I'm taking Iodoral and am up to 25mg/day. I've watched all of Brownstein's and Flecha's videos. Dr. Flechas does say in one video that 20% of people taking Lugol's have an upset stomach from it. I also read the MDA iodine thread, and a lot of those people are taking Lugol's with no stomach problems.

Christine, how many mg per day did you take, and for how long to get rid of all the cysts? I've got a neighbor with PCOS, and I'm trying to convince her to start iodine. I'd like to tell her your success story.

7. Owl

Owl New Member

I think you should try iodine again. If you got up to 50mg in 4 months, you must not have had much detox from it. It sounds like CT causes much more detox than iodine, if you titrate up slowly. And CT won't replace your need for iodine. If you have FBD too, you definitely need it. It's something that you need long term, not for just a few months. It's going to take quite a while to reverse both conditions. And you'll need iodine after that, just maybe not as much.

I lost 75lb on hcg, and didn't have any detox issues. That's not much of a concern on hcg that I can see. I'm also on T3 and Naturethroid. My meds have not changed since I've been on iodine. I'm up to 25mg/day. I did take 200mg of selenium for months before starting iodine. Although I don't have it, that is especially important if you have Hashi's.

8. Owl

Owl New Member

9. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Dr K's LR and CT will go a long way to get you balanced out. btwn Jun 2011 - and Jan 2012 I seriously changed myself, at the metabolic level. I didn't start CTing until he unleashed the CT series in mid Feb 2012. I pursued to BHRT - b/c I have a history of migraines - that I just thought were genetic. the LR showed me once I got my cycle back - my migraines were 100% hormonal. I think PCOS can be treated w/o meds. you've just got to patient...you also have to balance out what else might be going on as well... every one has their own N=1.

10. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

11. Momma28

Momma28 New Member

Sorry for the delay....trip to Florida....anyway, from PCOS diagnosis after baby 6 and a year nursing, at which time I started Lugols....to pregnancy of baby 7 and ultrasound at 13 weeks gestation was about 6 months. Ultrasound was the proof in the pudding for me. I know take liquid Lugol's 15% ( I had custom made for me from Herbhealers.com, which they now carry regularly) at 5 drops per day at just under 10 mg per drop...so about 50 mgs a day. On stressful days I double it. Also dose the children with it at three drops per day. We take it in 100% Welch's Grape Juice since we also do SCD/GAPS. Juice is watered 50/50. Taste is undetectable and causes no problems. HTH

12. chocolate

chocolate Silver

13. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'm taking it right now as part of my DzLogic program in conjunction w/DHEA.... my T is high/out of bounds..

eta: I can't really say if its had any affects as of yet...

14. chocolate

chocolate Silver

That spearmint or peppermint tea is supposed to really help women.

15. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

i've also heard that maca helps PCOS...someone said that after taking maca consistently they also started having consistent periods for the first time in their life.

16. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I've heard this too, my friend is a TCM-doctor and she uses maca a lot, her speciality is fertility.

I have PCO but not with the syndrome... To be honest, had I not sorted myself out at the age I did (30), I think my PCO would have turned into PCOS this decade if not sooner. My issue has been insulin resistance, and going by blood-tests, am not 100% LS yet, but my BS and BP are both excellent. Hormonaly I only seem to battle high estrogen, on and off, depending on circumstances and time of the month.

17. chocolate

chocolate Silver

I was reading about this thing called hypogonadism that can cause screwy testosterone. It can be from too much iron in men and women, but I think ct put it where it belongs. But we are watching the iron overload at our house. What are carbs?

18. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

I did blood work yesterday, and my doc just called with the results. My glucose reading (taken two hours after eating 14 oz. of pineapple and 1 cup of blackberries -- 64 grams of carbs and 48 grams of sugar) was high at 1985 (243-894).

She suspects PCOS...and recommended the book "The Insulin Resistance Diet," which I'm willing to look at, but my diet has been pretty squeaky clean for so long, that I'm not sure how this book, which looks like it prescribes low-carb, low-fat, low-calories, will help me out much. Anybody read it?

Anybody have better books, sites, resources for me to check out?

19. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

August,

I've been on the reset since I finished a round of hcg last September. Since then, I've been low carb, keto-paleo. Added CT in February. I have hashimotos and started t3 around the same time. I also have adrenal fatigue and have been taking Wilson's Adrenal Rebuilder for support. My testosterone is high, p&e ratio is good. I've always been overweight, lots of acne, terrible periods, so I got on HBC. I got off of that in February and can't remember the last time I've cycled. I'm no longer overweight...5'3" and 110 lbs. The doc suspects lupus but wanted to test me for PCOS first.

My basement flooded over the weekend, and I splurged on chocolates and wine while sucking water on Saturday night. Stress eating = bad. I'm wondering if that would skew my Wednesday blood work? Either way, the doc doesn't want to put me on drugs and will retest in 6 months.

20. PaleoCowgirl

PaleoCowgirl New Member

Yeah, I have a lot going on. HCG really was the catalyst that helped me learn so much about my health, but it also unveiled a lot of problems that I think I have had for a long time.

To answer your questions about hcg...my highest weight was 177.7 back in 2007. I started hcg at 146 and after two rounds (couldn't maintain the first round), my LIW was 118. With the leptin reset, keto-paleo style, and avoiding food sensitivities like nightshades, eggs, nuts and dairy, I maintained and stayed at about 117 from Sept.-Feb. Then, in February, I got on t3 for my thyroid and started CT...baths a couple times/week, but now mostly cold showers and spot-CT, and today's weigh-in was 109.4. I dropped very quickly, not sure if it was from the CT or the T3. My BMI shows around 19.5, but I'm not sure body comp. My hormonal issues are what is hurting my reshaping...I still have a tire around my belly, but I have lost a lot of fat in my boobs and arms.

The leptin reset ABSOLUTELY has helped me maintain. I eat the BAB, I limit carbs, and I got tested for food sensitivities. I'm allergic to zucchini, squash, rhubarb, strawberry, bacon (but not pork) and a few other things that I can't remember off the top of my head. With my adrenals, I gave up coffee and chocolate to avoid stimulation from caffeine. All of these things are working very well, and I feel better than ever.

My biggest thing now is getting my cycle back and waking up my adrenals. My huge set-back was a few weeks ago where I got a MAJOR sunburn from being out in the sun a few hours and gained over 15 lbs. overnight. I was completely puffed up, and that's why my doc suspects lupus, which is another AI related to hashis.

Anyway, if you have known sensitivities, I would avoid at all costs. There is no reason to tear up your gut. Many of us struggle with leaky gut, and it will only set your body back further. Eat safe foods, lots of fats and proteins, and you will do great on the reset. Add in CT, and I think you will be unstoppable.