1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The October sleep Webinar Q&A

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Sounds radical until you consider how the second law was formulated.

Thermodynamic equilibrium may nevertheless have within it balanced flows of energy and material, as long as the flows are linearly proportional to the forces.

This should not be surprising in retrospect, as the laws of thermodynamics were themselves a generalization of macroscopic phenomena, and do not depend on the knowledge of what is happening in detail at the molecular level. The molecular level was not even discovered when the law was formed Randy!!!!

What this means is that many locally non-equilibrium situations involving cyclic flow processes, like circadian biology and biochemistry, can be described as near approximations to the equilibrium situation, more specifically, as fluctuations occurring within a larger, encompassing equilibrium system, so long as the flows and forces which tend to restore the equilibrium are linearly proportional to one another. In this way, the second law is never violated by life.

2. Jack. Thanks for taking the time to expand on your insights. Lots of dots. Lots of connections. This is the first time I have seen so much physics applied to biology. Actually, all of this comes from very simple principles, but applying these principles is not always easy because of the "interactions" and binding/bounding of these principles on each other. Whatever is possible within the framework of the laws of physics is allowed, and de facto, life falls within the framework so is not only possible, but obviously does exist. I wonder how long it will take for this to catch on within the biology and medical communities. Lots of equities at stake here. Funny how the truth (or is it the laws of physics) will set you free.

Thanks again for completely blowing me away!!!

3. Yes, if the flows and forces were governed by nonlinear factors, no telling what would happen--chaos, anyone? Butterfly wings to hurricanes.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Then consider this new finding........a laser can make a metal a semiconductor. What did I tell you about the pineal's ability in structuring water? The exact same thing happens in sleep. We create a massive semiconductor in our ventricular system to regenerate when we sleep.

"Their findings suggest that it’s possible to alter the electronic properties of a material — for example, changing it from a conductor to a semiconductor — just by changing the laser beam’s polarization." The pineal changes water's ability to polarize. And in the Nov webinar you are going to hear a lot more about polarization of water.

http://www.rtoz.org/2013/10/25/rese...-semiconductor-simply-by-shining-laser-beams/

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The suitability of liquid crystal photonic bandgap fiber devices for filters, wave-plates or sensors is highly dependent on the tunability of the transmission spectrum......This means that when it happens in water the associated electromagnetic spectrum becomes critical to proper photoelectric transduction.........

http://lcd.creol.ucf.edu/publications/2010/Opt Express Denmark LC.pdf

This also happens with cholesterol as well. It is modulated to become a semiconductor by photons and electrons in cell membranes.

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/15421400701826654?journalCode=gmcl20#preview

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Not can be........it is. And after November's webinar I will continue to astound you how the new age of biology really works. There is a deep reason cholesterol is a polar molecule. I am going to teach you a lot in this November webinar. Sept- Nov is definitely where Gold members begin to harvest deep riches of this science I am teaching. Many times I told you there would be lots of detours, enigma, and paradoxes to embrace.........Read the Quilt........I said it there. November is straight open road where we welcome the new age..........of the quantum cell.

8. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hey, I get this! Thanks, Jack. If we had perfectly electrified DNA and RNA, we could absorb all kinds of energy without problems. You mentioned elsewhere that older folk tend to have problems with excesses of energy.

Perhaps brain dead doesn't define the time of death? Ooh, nice Halloween topic!

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

Sounds like we better be up to speed by the November webinar............I am really struggling with this.

This is an awesome thread .....gotta keep going thru it again and again ...

Any suggestions to wrap my head around this?

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nope.....the november webinar is pretty clear cut. It is here where you see how biology gave 3 Nobel Prizes that all broke the second law of thermodynamics. Moreover, the one in 2003 was straight plagerism from Ling's work in 1952-56.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I think I am going to have to ask some really dopey questions at some point soon...... so don't laugh at me.....

12. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Hope you still have time for us after you win yours ;)

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If Ling did not win..........I have no chance. Trust me.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been reading Chemistry for kids all afternoon......what an uphill battle this is ......

There is so much I don't know......holey moley.......

I used to be ale to apply myself at the last possible second and pass exams .......

Now I realise the error of my ways.....

when you know better - you do better.....but I am not sure that applies to Chemistry and physics and QED....

It is all so fascinating ....but I think I am a little too late ...... will keep trying tho.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

EE 9, 10 and 11 will be a refresher for this thread with simpler terms

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Dr. K. ...... EE#9 is much easier and is a refresher - I was pretty proud of myself that I did pick that up ...:)

It feels so good to actually get what you are saying sometimes......but I do understand that you have to write for all the science geeks....

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There is a big section for the non geeks in EE 10. I may reverse EE 10 and 11 blogs to better help......EE 11 gets into some nitty gritty science on mitochondria and methylation crap

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Strangely .... C/T #7 really helped .... I had strayed from the basics lately and I guess I now understand so much better the whys...... I thought I did before.....but it is important to just jump in at first and just get started.....

Thanks for your perseverance in helping us non geeks ........But we do have to step up .......and that was always your intention....

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

This was an awesome thread ....... we need to revisit it - at least I do......

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

I just re read this thread ... holey moley Dr.K. you gave us so much here ......lots and lots of clues and relevance to your last blog.

I love your post #68 - pretty succinct.

It must drive you crazy on a daily basis that we totally miss the bread crumbs that you drop......