1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The October sleep Webinar Q&A

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by caroline, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Nothing is free. Any change to the environment requires energy. No perpetual motion machines! Laws of Physics rule. Takes energy to blow something up. Takes energy to put something back together. Decreasing entropy requires energy. Increasing entropy requires energy. No free lunch in the universe.

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

So when a hot cup of tea sits on the counter (forget that it took energy to become hot) and slowly cools, energy is needed to cool that fluid.
    I know several times Jack has mentioned things like this before (as in water transforming to ice or steam).

I guess when we sit on the ground and our positive charge leaks into the accommodating Earth, that requires energy. We are taking energy from the Earth.

This reminds me of high school physics where the teacher said the floor is "pushing up" to match where our feet were "pushing down". I could understand resistance, but not actively pushing upward.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Energy from a tea cup is randomly lost back to the environment you set the cup in.......Biologic systems do not allow this. They harness the lost energy to be saved coherently in our semiconductors for later use. The way we do it laid out in EE6. That is the definition of a metastable state. The second law calls for things at equilibrium to follow the laws. Life's cells or protoplasm are never at true equilibrium........they are always designed to be metastable based upon the stored energies in the semiconductors of the system. This means that life is an example of an Maxwell demon for the physics geeks.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Dont be so sure Randy..........Being metastable takes full advantage of something that is truly quantum.......a host of probabilities. I know you know what that means......if the cell is set up to be quasi equillibrium it means it can skate around the second law by remaining metastable........this is why when life dies it becomes rigid in rigor mortis........people seem to forget that. Life is the state of matter that gives us infinite possibilites.....because our semiconductors can handle flows of energy and it can dump entropy to the environment..............Case in point for you Randy to consider:

Superconductors are also able to maintain a current with no applied voltage whatsoever, a property exploited in superconducting electromagnets such as those found in MRI machines. Experiments have demonstrated that currents in superconducting coils can persist for years without any measurable degradation. Experimental evidence points to a current lifetime of at least 100,000 years. Theoretical estimates for the lifetime of a persistent current can exceed the estimated lifetime of the universe, depending on the wire geometry and the temperature.

In a normal conductor, an electric current may be visualized as a fluid of electrons moving across a heavy ionic lattice. The electrons are constantly colliding with the ions in the lattice, and during each collision some of the energy carried by the current is absorbed by the lattice and converted into heat, which is essentially the vibrational kinetic energy of the lattice ions. As a result, the energy carried by the current is constantly being dissipated. This is the phenomenon of electrical resistance in an electric wire.
    The situation is different in a conventional superconductor or a non conventional quasi liquid crystal semiconductor in a living cell. In a conventional superconductor, the electronic fluid cannot be resolved into individual electrons. Instead, it consists of bound pairs of electrons known as Cooper pairs. This pairing is caused by an attractive force between electrons from the exchange of phonons. Why? electrons are fermions and photons are bosons so they attract one another instead of invoking the quantum exclusion principle. Due to the laws of quantum mechanics, the energy spectrum of the "Cooper pair fluid" possesses an energy gap, meaning there is a minimum amount of energy ΔE that must be supplied in order to excite the fluid. This energy can come from food electrons or from the power of the sun light that is splitting electrons from water in every cell's cytoarchitecture to liberate electrons to be added to the semiconducting liquid crystals of water. This energy can be banked and used later when it is need to overcome entropy in the cell. There are no QED or physics laws on energy storage Randy. Therefore, if ΔE is larger than the thermal energy of the lattice, (in this case the electric wire as an example) given by kT, where k is Boltzmann's constant and T is the temperature, the fluid will not be scattered by the lattice. The Cooper pair fluid is thus acts as a superfluid filled with energy, meaning it can flow without energy dissipation. This is precisely how a Bose Einstein condensation occurs.........now go re read what I wrote in EE6 and you will see how I came up with my theory on how the brain really works..........It is a metastable QED machine that uses the two main maxwell demons to get around the second law........photons coherence and BEC condensation of the liquid crystalline lattice employing a superconducting fluid of electrons in water.......suspended in this water is the collagen cytoarchitecture that is in contact with every dimension of the living matrix. This is how coherence in biology happens........according to me.

And according to Feynman, all superconducting magnets use what? Quantum vortex to transfer energy, which brings us right back to the October 2013 webinar.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
  5. Jack, I agree, metastability is a key factor. The statistical nature of the second Law clashes against the "host of probabilities" of QED. I'll have to think about this some more. Very intriguing. Thanks for your explanation.

6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

I remember you saying that one process uses the waste energy of another process, so the energy is constantly being recycled. Nice, efficient system!

[Don't mind me, I'm just looking for a free lunch.]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  7. caroline

caroline Moderator

This thread is a massive education ..... Thanks Dr. K. for all the time you give us....

now - somehow- I need to process it all......I wish I had paid attention in Chemistry classes.....

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

WHY? you clearly have not listened to my advice to Read Andrew Marino's PhD,JD book going somewhere.......organized science is not interested in any truth that controverts their own dogma. His book lays out why none of you know any of this EMF stuff......The NIH pulled Becker's funding after he went on 60 minutes to warn the public........problem was in 1977 no one was using modern gadgets like today. If Becker was alive today..........things would be different. Now the gov't has a vested interest not to let this out of the bag and they control who gets the $ to study what. Remember PEER review was set up to decide where to allocate funds best to answer the questions we have. The system has been usurped to divert money in what the people with the money want studied and not what they do not want us to know. The only way you are aware that this is true is when the medical advice you get from doctors is based upon this system of study. When the advice does not work you, the patient must begin to ask yourself why and how you must stop it. The system of science is not going to change how they do things. Their is an institutional belief that this is the best way science should be done. I see this constantly. But what most MD's and scientists do not see is what happens when your guiding theory is wrong? And you begin to fund studies that are blind alleys for our problems? This is where we are today. The problem gets deeper when you also realize they also control what gets published.......making the modern literature of science as useful as a female prostitute looking for work in a male gay bar.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

No I meant what i said........energy can increase entropy......for example.....the sun power heats the hood of a car and it gets hot and it heats up the metal hoods atoms to spin faster.......this is an example of how energy increases entropy or randomness of the movement in atoms called Brownian motion. I spoke about this in QB 10 the quantum scaling blog. Now in life the cell is designed to limit atomic freedom. It does this using water. Water decreases the ability of the protein back bones on DNA or RNA to move. If they can not move browniam motion can not occur when electrons are delivered to the water from food or from the CSF in the brain where Becker's DC current come from........as such that energy is harness in the water molecule for use anywhere in the cell to overcome the energy of activation of any biochemical path. In this way entropy or randomness is limited because energy is coherently stored and mobilized in water, cell membranes, organelles, and in the mitochondria. The amount of energy is always moving hence why the living system is never at equilibrium. There is only one time it is at equilibrium..........when we die. This is when rigor mortis sets in......and life vanishes. This is why Schrodinger idea is spot on.........I added to his ideas and many other physicists in my EE 6 blog............In that blog I show you how life remains metastable all the time. A physiciists would read EE6 and realize I am describing a Maxwell Demon.......a biologist reading it would be lost because they think ATP is the only energy source. That is why their science can not help anyone with a chronic illness and why I am so confident mine can.

10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

OK...what is a maxwell demon? In 1871 Maxwell, who discovered the 4 laws of electromagnetism discussed a hypothetical sentient being called a "demon". This demon could see things on how to dodge the second law of thermodynamics. His paper has haunted phycists for 125 yrs. In his day macromolecules had not even been discovered. But if you read his work he is describing the action of certain molecules acting concert to form a micro machine that create order from abject chaos.

the second law of thermodynamics is probably nature's tightest law. Anything that breaks it can not exist..........according to the law of nature.

The real issue is the second law is based on statistics.......and as such there is a way to dodge it........and this is how life exists. It does it by being metastable the time life is working and it goes to equilibrium in death. This is why dead cells become rigid, release water, and potassium. It then forms salt bridges within proteins using magnesium. Proteins become bound up. Their bending and confirmation change in death.........Ironically, the same thing happens in T2D and all neurodegenerative diseases..........see any homology yet? A biologist wont because they do not understand the 2nd law..........as a physicist would.........and Schrodinger was one of the brightest men of physics we ever had.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Ling work in the AI hypothesis is experimental proof that life is an Maxwell demon. A demon can pick out any molecule in the universe, but they use that molecule following the second law to a T. These molecules have this talent built into their 3 dimensional structure........what do we call them? Amino acids. And this is why Primate and Human DNA are homologous........in fact this is why DNA is quite homologous all the way back to simple life.......these proteins are rare indeed and that is why we came up for a code for them.......called DNA and RNA. When amino acids hit liquid water they self assemble.......based upon electromagnetic forces which are the strongest in nature. Those forces.......Maxwell made the 4 laws of...........

12. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Another way to look at a maxwell demon: It can be defined as a molecular energy machine as one in which the energy stored in single molecules is released in a specific molecular form and then converted into another specific form so quickly that it never has time to become heat. This is precisely what happens in rhodopsin, melanopsin, and in human actin and myosin of muscle.

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Now Randy, here is where things get interesting. In death, cells lose their flexibility for all life's quantum states and it dies. This is how quantum physics sees death. Think Schrodinger's cat experiment as an example. What happens in death? The system falls back to equilibrium from metastability. What does this mean to biochemistry?

At equilibrium, i.e., without energy flow, forward and backward reactions are equal. This is the principle of microscopic reversibility or detailed balance, which is considered of great importance in chemistry.

In biology the result of these equations is rigor mortis. Now make sense of this observation using the laws of QED. It is clear life is meta stable and designed to play havoc with the second law but always balancing the energy books so no red ink appears.

Martin likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In 69 a book came out called Energy Flow in Biology by biophysicist Harold Morowitz. I read it in residency when I was learning about how energy flows are tied to natural cycle formation. This is self assembling. This is how the thermohaline currents work, this is how the carbon cycle works, the nitrogen cycle, and interestingly it is how circadian biology works too. Water density in CSF is linked to convection and conductive currents in the brain and it these energy flow dictate how biochemistry is carried out. These so-called Barnard Rayleigh convection cells arise as the low density, lighter water at the bottom of the ocean or flask repeatedly rises to the top while the denser water at the top sinks to the bottom, and so on in a cyclic manner when energy is added in any fashion.

I got this insight from Morowitz. Morowitz’s idea was that energy flow leads to space-time structures, in particular, to cycles.

Before phase transition, the individual water molecules move around randomly and aimlessly without any order or pattern. At phase transition, however, they begin to move collectively until all at once coherently as the CSF would in our subarachnoid space. Then I had an interesting thought.......

What happens when biochemical reactions are involved in this cycling process? Does biochemical cycling also take place as the result of energy flow?

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Here I found the theorem of biochemical cycling.......If energy flows into any system so that a steady state is maintained with a net flow of material around the system from A to B to C, the principle of microscopic reversibility will no longer hold: there will not be a detailed balance in every step. A cycle is created. This is how biochemistry actually happens.............

Now consider EMF in the same idea pattern:

If the equilibrium system is now irradiated by a constant flux of electromagnetic radiation such that there is net absorption of photons by the system, a steady state will be reached at which there is a flow of heat out into the reservoir (energy sink) equal to the flux of electromagnetic energy into the system. At this point, there will be a different set of occupation numbers and transition probabilities, fi′ and t’ij for there are now both radiation induced transitions as well as the random thermally induced transitions characteristic of the previous equilibrium state.

This means that for some pairs of states i and j, For, if the equality holds in all pairs of states, it must imply that for every transition involving the absorption of photons, a reverse transition will take place involving the radiation of the photon such that there is no net absorption of electromagnetic radiation by the system. This contradicts our original assumption that there is absorption of radiant energy (see previous paragraph), so now we must conclude that the equality of forward and reverse transitions does not hold for some pairs of states. This is why life use's EMF to animate itself. It is capable of creating a metastable protoplasm where straight biochemistry can not. Remember electromagnetic forces are among the strongest in nature and they are present in enormous volumes from stars.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Moreover, in biochemistry all forward and backward reactions must be balanced in the steady state. They are invariant of TIME. With EMF.........they are completely subject to TIME and its direction, which you know is only allowed to vary in one direction. Forward.

17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In steady state systems, the flow of energy through the system from a source to a sink will lead to at least one cycle in the system. The formation of steady state cycles has the important thermo-dynamic consequence that, despite large fluxes of materials and chemical transformations in the system, the net change in entropy of the system is zero, because entropy is a state function.

A return to the same state will always entail no net entropy change. Hence we can see where a zero entropy system can be crafted in a metastable state. Can we not? Of course, the compensatory change in entropy of the surroundings could be greater than zero, but entropy does not accumulate in the system, provided that the cycles are perfect in the sense that exactly the same state is reproduced, which is definitely not the case in real life. Or is it?

This is why mammals evolved heat loss........they are returning entropy to the system in order to create Schrodinger's idea of a zero entropy state. .......I think this is precisely what we see with respect to circadian biology in us. It is hugely important. Light and dark are invariant and tied to time because they are constructed of an EMF.

18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So life can be thought of as the following: In any instances, random energy fed into the biologic system will nevertheless lead to macroscopic organization as the system passes from the thermodynamic regime of random microscopic motion of many degrees of freedom to a dynamic regime that has only one, or a few degrees of freedom. these degrees of freedom are determined by our DNA and RNA protein code. We should also expect this sort of a system to find all the processes are thermodynamically linked, or coupled together in a symmetrical way. This is precisely how metabolism is organized in a cell.

No?

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Guess what else I found out in 2000? The Onsager reciprocity relation. This relation implies that equilibrium is never maintained in a cyclic process at the molecular level. This implies that quantum probabilities are infinite in a "metastable" state. Are you beginning to see how I created EE 6 now?

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

In other words, detailed molecular balance at every step is not required even for thermodynamic equilibrium.