1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The new old fashioned.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by prAna303, Feb 26, 2013.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

We have some antique clocks that we will be moving to our cabin in the woods. I have been having reservations about since I've been syncing my days to sunrises and sunsets. Sure, you can disable their hourly chiming, but what about all that loud ticking? It is a constant reminder, day and night, about artificial time.

2. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

I lift my hand, holding a glass of bordeaux, celebrating my local hero...

She did it once again, a race that i never ever will forget... Starting 25 seconds beyond the leader, catching up and killing it in just 5km. This is history.

Like i said before, all the small details i have seen out there in the woods the last summers, wow... Today you stepped up on top of the league, perhaps pushing down the queen? Sorry Inger, i think so.

[​IMG]

3. caroline

caroline Moderator

Congratulations to your Country Peter ..... what a great race!

4. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Strange days.

Excuse me, where did my winter go? Okey, got some snow but soon it will be gone... Today it is raining and we have about +5C outside, last year it was -19C.

The gap between me and the rest of modern world seems to grow everyday. I have grown a rash against modern technology, simply feeling disturbed of how it is used instead of what we could use it for. Robots everywhere, pushing the message, love in an iPhone, the modern Tamagotchi. And at the same time, the more i stop using these things the more attention i get, it is like a magnet, you will make people react when you drop the technology.

The last couple of weeks i had this thing going on in my mind, had it way back before but it is like a dream you get back into, night after night. Since i stand on the edge between modern world and the old fashioned one i balance back and forth. I am thinking of becoming homeless. I start to think that to let go, drop my rules of what is normal perhaps comes to this. Today, the most disturbing for modern man is to have no home, no income, no insurance and so on. In my personal case, i see something much different, peace and simple things. For the last eight years i slowly built up my own strenght and pride in being what i am, a human on this earth, i am a product of nature. I strongly belive that we do not need any of this stuff, homes, cars, gears and fancy lifestyle.

I have been connecting thru many years with the outsiders, the surfers, the climbers, the big mountain skiers, the dancers and the living ones. They all share the same longing for nature and elements. I do the same and that voice i must follow.

Just some movie about another weirdo, just like myself.

http://m.epictv.com/media/podcast/t...s-in-wild-sht-|-a-day-in-the-life-ep-2/273563

5. caroline

caroline Moderator

Peter - I have never once thought you were a weirdo ..... to me - you are the one with the courage to live.

I love ..... "go out and find your family" .... that is what we have done here me thinks :)

6. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

The cemetery.

Dear friend of mine and i had one of our nightly rants at the café. We break down the modern world and how we many times do things backward.

Hospital vs cemetery, could it be more life giving to change the scenario? Instead of putting dead people in the ground should we make the switch and let the sick ones go to the cemetery?

I mean, hospitals are houses, often squared ones for logistic solutions. Rooms with tons of things that say "bing". Lights that makes your eyes sore, food that looks like crap, water? does it exist... Walls filled with nothing. Can a human with illness even have a chance to cure?

When you say, put a sick human back into the nature, most will cure, you get that angry eye today but i can not help to feel that this is a solution. Make the things that should be done, surgery and so on and then, as soon as possible, send them to the cemetery. Here the grass is green, trees are pround, benches to sit and think. Birds sing and it is quiet, no iPhones, because you pay resepect to the dead ones.

Can not help to feel that we bring most of our problems to ourself and dear ones by doing things the "normal" way.

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

I often think, when Dr. K. talks about his hospital and ICU - his microwave .... and he speaks of his extra ordinary risks and what he has to do to mitigate the damage ....... this is where we put the sickest people, our beloved - the ones that are the most vulnerable.......

and we go outside for a short walk and to breathe some fresh air .....and we leave our loved ones to be microwaved...

8. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Yes. And how we put ourself into the hospital is also the same kind of microwave. Modern living, modern thinking (or not thinking), cars, the complete sum of todays "great" solutions. I often put a little play into my friends, i tell them to sketch a day in their life. You have 24 hours and now you start to paint out your whole day and night. Try to specify it at great detail with a notion IF you are outside. Not many spend more than half an hour a day outside, most only when going from house to car, car to work, work to car, car to shopping mall and so on.

The great thing is that i see also a growing pain in many that urges them to change...

http://www.epictv.com/media/podcast...es-with-gillian-gibree-ep-1/267019?header_b=1

9. fitness@home

fitness@home Silver

I haven't spent much time in or around hospitals. After spending 8+ hours overnight in an ER earlier this week, I can honestly say I don't know how they (doctors, nurses, staff) do it on a daily basis. I am thankful they do though.

So many electronic devices, bright lights, etc... The water my husband was given to drink smelled to high heaven (tap water). The staff on duty that night looked so tired and it was only three hours into their shift.

Peter, you are right about cemeteries. They are always peaceful places, full of trees and nature.

10. Inger

Inger Silver

haha, no need to be sorry Peter, I never watch sport on tv or anywhere else.. I am just not interested enough... i have so much to do lol and I find it weird to look at someone being out skiing and making sport and just sit on the couch lol

I cleaned the chicken house to day :)

I think the hard part/challenge might be to find a balance between the new and the old... and make a beautiful and magic reality full of love....

I admire people who work in health care too. I could not.. The surgeon that operated on hubs as he got shot.. he was one amazing man. Very strong personality... just someone special! I will never forget him for sure.

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

I used to live in Ontario, Canada .... and so many people there retire to live in Florida - for the year round sunshine and great outdoor life style.
    So .... they move there - to their air conditioned condo and air conditioned car and go to the air conditioned mall.

Even way back then - I thought how strange and I never liked going there because it was like a graveyard to me. Now I know - in lots of respects it really is ......they microwave themself into the nearest cemetery.

12. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Change in season, prepare myself, spring is coming.

The more i think, the more i have a feeling i found something special. Now i spend my days living in reverse, just like this movie... Just some motivation to really GET OUT, shut down the computer and meet the nature.

Linz likes this.
  13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Breath taking that Parkour video and the end is just inspiring. Thank you for posting.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

awesome, awesome, awesome...

15. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

The sacred human.

In sweden we have a rule that is called "fridlyst". This means that animals, plants and other living things is protected by the law. Every region has some unique species.

Is it time to "fridlysa" the human also? I see that a human that is protected by the law would not be feed man made foods, because we know that animals tend to get sick of it. We should not let the sacred ones be locked inside squared boxes, they are wild and must run free for a minimum of six hours a day. She must also have free access to the sun, water and earth whenever she feels a need. That also puts us in the world where we can not put leaches on them, we are not allowed to chain them up, that is torture, physical and mental. Our thoughts should not be forced upon them, they are sensible and must be able to read the environment in peace, they should also find their own mates, not us telling them who is right for them. It also means that you can not go mayhem in their place, walk with soft steps, not making any noice so you do not stress them. If the get close to you, slowly try to pet them, the will decide if you are worthy.

So, which side do you choose, the Sacred or the Zoo?

caroline likes this.
  16. caroline

caroline Moderator

Peter ..... I would very much like to see your face .....

I like a lean, slender body as much as the next girl....but I would like to see your eyes ....

17. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

That is not easy. I think it only exists two or three photos with my face in focus, those i can not give to you because i did them for a outside magazine (copyrights). Otherwise it is body shots mostly...

I work on a project, a couple of movies and the same with them... They can not be showed yet.

And of course, a SELFIE is never ever going to be done!

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Can you do a selfie of your eyes??

19. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

I am a man that does what i belive in... Sorry but i will never ever take a camera, point it against myself and push the trigger.

First, for me, even just onces, it looks weird.
    Second, just doing work on images of myself feel REALLY weird.
    ... it goes on.

But i promise you, if i ever get a picture taken i will donate a copy to you.

20. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Or to quote a film...

Frank Taylor: I'm sorry!

Elise: What for?

Frank Taylor: Aha! Oh do you mind me smoking, it's not a real cigarette, look! It delivers the same amount of nicotine, but the smoke is water vapor.

Elise: That's somewhat disappointing.

Frank Taylor: Would you rather have me smoking?

Elise: I'd rather you be a man who does exactly as he pleases.