1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The new old fashioned.

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by prAna303, Feb 26, 2013.

1. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

She does train alot like those norweigans now. I know she is quite strict in her diet but not extreme. I think there is a big connection with nature for all of the best cross country skiers, in the summer running, roller skies and lifting. In the winter, out skiing in every thinkable weather, the sets must be done. What one must remember is that this is a extreme world with about 1000 hours of training and then racing on top of it, it is a fine line between chaos and order.

2. ATL_Paleo

ATL_Paleo Gold

Interesting article about winter Olympics and Norway.
    http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304450904579365011902608806?

Wondering if you agree w/ these statements in the article about Norway and Sweden?

Still, most experts say the biggest reason behind Norway's success is the culture that propelled it atop the medal table from the outset. Norway's cities are relatively close to the wilderness, and children are encouraged to play outdoors even on the coldest days.

Neighboring Sweden, by contrast, has its major population centers farther from the wilderness, and the Swedes are more inclined to play indoor sports in the winter, such as tennis or hockey, rather than bundle up and go skiing.

Norway remains a largely agrarian society that places a large premium on being outside. A Norwegian concept called friluftsliv—enjoying outdoor life—has been studied in books and represents whole areas of study at universities.

Congrats to Sweden on the Gold.

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

love to respond......but no Pic.

4. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

For sure this is some of the things that makes a difference.

Then, you should think about how we have four complete seasons here. The people in Norway has some of the worlds most dramatic nature that has shaped them for many years, still they live in it all the time.

Also, they are doing almost all their training outdoors like the article said, but this is rule here also.

Bottom line, i have some got some good look into the whole scene of skiing and just the simple thing as every kid skies and they have a ton of material to choose from. But, today, even they start to have problems because kids want to do more soccer and other group based sports OR spend time on cyberspace.

5. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

But also, we love to get sun.

[​IMG]

6. nicld

nicld Gold

^^^^^ I would so love to do that :)

7. caroline

caroline Moderator

a strong foot/leg is a pic? isn't it??? we will have to get the photo police to define "pic" I guess!

8. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

I think JK was referring to Atl's post.

9. caroline

caroline Moderator

yeah - I missed that!

so feet .... and other body parts work!

10. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Such a strange week...

Makes me think of the movie, The good, the bad and the ugly.

First, it came to my knowledge that someone that i know died the other day. We have been joking for the last couple of years that he should do as i, drop the crazy workload and enjoy the life. He did what i did many years ago, doing endless hours and the result i know today. Quite sad that he only a couple of weeks ago said, you have found your way, which i could do the same. Not that i am secured from illness but i intend to go the other way in this crazy world, trying to steer my ship thru it all.

Second, a dear friend has moved back, part time only but hey, good to see her again. We had a crazy summer a couple of years ago with just surfers attitude... Hanging at their house, climbing, surfing, just living, making the neighbors think we were crazy.

Third, another dear friend and her family is back in town... Had a cup of joe and a chat today. The great thing, she is living quite off grid and they have a little extra house by the treeline, guess what we discussed. This is a chance that i must take, we will talk more...

Fourth, a silver once again in the olympics. So great to see "the locals" do the magic... Like above, she is a star!

And to end it all...

http://www.svtplay.se/video/1802216/min-ungdoms-var

11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Peter - it sounds like your life is becoming quite interesting :)

congratulations on your Country's medals!

So sorry about your friend ..... he knew better ....but.......

12. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Perhaps he will not live forever, but the mindset he has, time for me to start changing my own playground...

13. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Time and clocks.

Have the so smart human made some big off sets in our biology when we once created the clock?

Just the idea to measure our world with a standard norm, something that should apply to everything that lives makes me wonder. Has the idea of syncing our clocks so they show the same time for everyone bigger effects than we can imagine? I do not know but for me, eight years ago, time changed. I stopped working with time as a factor to rule my days, i stopped the hunting for more slots of personal time, i gave up.

Read the other day, some of googles ideas for the future. Almost feeling a weird pain in my gut, how they think that their datamining is going to be connected into our minds. This is how they want to controll it all, we humans have become slow, stupid and wrong, because we think today that the one with most controll over data is king. All of this is synced with global timing as they say, no one should have to wait to the next day to tap into the newest information, one global time. This makes more and more sense with their gadgets they make, lenses and so on.

When i stopped my time, i reversed it and went back to the day i took the wrong path. Just by stepping back to the day i was sixteen, picking up the lost road, letting everything else go, i found a meaning once again. Time has destroyed so much today!

Now i live by the elements, not the clock. Simply by taking away the constant syncing against my clocks, others and the thechnology i found my days endless. My nights so large and most of all, accepting that i do not live like all the others. I have found that time is one of the biggest factors to destroy a living unit, the time of modern thinking i mean. Just by putting away the things that steal time, not just the mental way but also the physical i feel like a young adult once again. Perhaps this is also why i always had girlfriends the same age even though i have became older (the normal way of thinking), we split up because i feel that we do not share the same passion anymore, just because time has changed them and not me?

So, with all global syncing... I hope many others begin to think about your own time and how you perceive it, i can not think that it has a start here and some highlights at special times. Simply start make your own pattern because we must start to think again.

14. caroline

caroline Moderator

so amazing and life affirming - do you do this Peter? - the free rock climbing?

You seem to have such a knack to pare everything back to basics and life and love and passion.

You make me realise that is what I am missing in most people I meet these days - passion for life, passion for living.... I need to feel that energy - If I don't - I prefer to be by myself.....I love to feel the energy from the ocean and the trees and the rocks and the sky ....and best of all - the children.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  15. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Yes...

I stopped using time as a syncing method, no technology, no must and do. Always taking the moments for what they are, not how long they stay fresh.

They always talk about timing in music, today it has gone to far, it is like listening to notes played by a computer, this is how so many live their lifes today also. Of course, you will see both arts and humans that brake those rules, they are timeless and without any stress... They are living!

16. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

Not the big walls... Just some simple bouldering, just a mat underneath, no shiny gears.

17. caroline

caroline Moderator

Peter - What was the turning point for you? How did you put your life into perspective? was it a gradual reckoning or an ah ha moment?

All of this must have always been your mindset ...you just got sidetracked and seduced for awhile? Was it hard to give up the "Life" ....the money, the comforts, the mindset?

18. prAna303

prAna303 New Member

When the gap between what you feel is you and the side that works in the rules of today gets to big, a decision must be made. The feeling was to strong for me so i choose to drop the world of modern. Remember that i have been active in worlds that where about ten years ahead of the big crowd, and boy, it was not a good thing to see. All of the weird things we did is the standard today, perhaps all of that should never had been released to the public.

19. caroline

caroline Moderator

So - obviously you recognised what was going forward was not good ......but your contemporaries must have been so excited and so seduced .......but I think you have always been an outlier ........ you just got trapped for a moment in time.....

20. Nick

Nick Gold

Sat me on my ass prAna, this resonates with me big time, thank you