1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The more DHA you eat the more gets into your tissues

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

does viral marketing allow us to innovate new solutions in current day as well?

Sean Waters likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I believe so........more effective than a fecal transplant.

Sean Waters likes this.
  3. Inger

Inger Silver

I have had that too... tiny baby crabs inside.....

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So are we. We need DHA and melanin to make sense of the light we eat.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  6. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

Hi guys - I have a question about oysters. I love eating them raw with hot sauce and I know Jack said that raw is the best - but my son just can't do raw; he isn't even a fan of them cooked! The question is: I have a Excalibur dehydrator and I'm considering get a bunch of choptank oysters from whole foods (my favorite ones) and dehydrating then blending them into a powder and putting them into my capsule maker so I can give them to my son that way. Does anyone know if that would decrease the DHA and other nutrients in them? This is how I get my loved ones to eat liver!

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  7. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

I'd think freezing and swallowing is better than dehydrating and blending... just a thought

Danny and NeilBB like this.
  8. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

I believe any kind of heating will destroy a good percentage of DHA . Light too.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Today's PSA: % DHA need in your dietary template is yoked to latitude of your location, population density, and blue light exposure to your eye and skin. Why? Blue light increases the turnover of DHA in eukaryotic membranes while also increasing the % heteroplasmy in mitochondrial respiratory proteins..........that is the key to understanding why you need to do what nature requires you to do, with respect to DHA to remain well. Health is merely the slowest form of death we choose to create.

10. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

I like that one....

11. Kathy1967

Kathy1967 New Member

I've tried that one before Josh - I'm fine with it, my son though... Thanks for the suggestion!!!

Josh Rosenthal likes this.
  12. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Today, I ate live, raw spotted prawns for the first time. It was heaven. The prawn nearly flew out of my hands as I tried to peel it. The contents in the head was even more delicious.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  13. caroline

caroline Moderator

wow - that is impressive!

14. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

I didn't think it would be so easy. After the first bite, I was totally addicted. I don't think I can ever eat cooked prawns ever again.

JoeBranca likes this.
  15. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

IMG-20160616-WA0007.jpg Fried grouper......Before...........

.......After IMG-20160616-WA0006.jpg

Devoured the crispy fins, tails, and most of the head. Yummy.

I turned brown in just one hour under the Yucatan sun. Have no idea how dark I will become at the end of the trip. Is that normal?

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You need to come over to San Diego and cook for us. Team Kruse

lohd2015 likes this.