1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The more DHA you eat the more gets into your tissues

Discussion in 'The Epi-Paleo Diet' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 1, 2015.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

and the faster you can reverse a disease.

More data on why Epi-paleo Rx tops any SAD or any paleo solution.http://ow.ly/NIPtF Why? the more DHA you eat the more you put into your tissues. Grass fed cows can never provide more DHA than the marine seafood chain.

So in my recent webinar series I taught you about how the loss of negative feedback control in coupled biologic systems is the sentinel event for aging and disease generation. Moreover, I showed you what happens when you lose it in one side of the coupled event. There I used predator or prey to make the point. If you alter the balance of predator or prey the result is always the EXTINCTION of both animals. I have told you that in aging and neolithic disease generation that NAD+ becomes altered in relationship to NADH. The chronic loss of NAD+ is the critical sign of a loss of negative feedback control of the ubiquitin cycle. Now for how this scales to your molecular circadian clock and your peripheral clock genes (CCG's). The current model of the mammalian circadian clock includes two interlocking transcription-translation feedback loops comprised of several so-called “clock” genes and their protein products, which ultimately regulate the transcription of “clock-controlled” genes. These feedback loops consist of positive and negative components. The positive components include the basic helix-loop-helix-PAS domain transcription factors, CLOCK and BMAL1. These transcription factors heterodimerize, translocate from the cytosol to the nucleus, and bind to circadian E-box promoter elements that enhance the transcription of genes encoding the negative components PERIOD 1 & 2 and CRYPTOCHROME 1 & 2. The CRYPTOCHROME and PERIOD proteins feedback inhibit the transcription of the Cryptochrome and Period genes by blocking CLOCK/BMAL1-mediated trans-activation. The second feedback loop involves the trans-activation of the Rev-Erbα and Rora genes by CLOCK/BMAL1. The protein products of these genes compete for binding to RRE elements in the Bmal1 promoter, driving a daily rhythm of Bmal1 transcription and closing the second feedback loop. Rhythmic expression of these clock gene products produces circadian clock outputs by regulating transcription of clock-controlled genes (CCGs). At least some of these CCGs, including aanat, the gene encoding the penultimate enzyme in the melatonin biosynthetic pathway, contain circadian E boxes, which have a core nucleotide sequence of CACGTG and are activated rhythmically by CLOCK/BMAL1. Post-translational regulation, including phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitinatation, sumoylation and proteasomal degradation are also important in the regulatory mechanisms generating the circadian oscillation. Once you SCN goes haywire it is a matter of time before your circadian clock genes in tissues the SCN controls goes haywire. What will be the ultimate result? EXTINCTION of both sides of the circadian coupling and cancer is that result. My PSA for the day is done.

1. Herzog ED. Neurons and networks in daily rhythms. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2007;8:790–802.
    2. Yamazaki S, Numano R, Abe M, Hida A, Takahashi R, et al. Resetting central and peripheral circadian oscillators in transgenic rats. Science. 2000;288:682–685.
    3. Ko CH, Takahashi JC. Molecular components of the mammalian circadian clock. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;2:R271–277.
    4. Munoz E, Baler R. The circadian E-box: when perfect is not good enough. Chronobiol Int. 2003;20:371–88.
    5. Gatfield D, Schibler U. Proteasomes keep the circadian clock ticking. Science. 2007;316:1135–1136.

rlee314, Martin and David Limacher like this.
  2. Question...is there a point at which you fill the reserves of DHA up to the max or is this not possible?
    Is this something that you keep your foot on the peddle, floored to the max?
    I understand that it is never static, levels are always fluctuating, but could you just keep upping the levels non stop?

Brent Patrick and NeilBB like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

depends upon your mitochondria density and more importantly the % heteroplasmy and how bad or good your environment is.......these days I think it is close to impossible to max out anything

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Eukaryotes spend 80% of their total energy budget on protein synthesis. That process is controlled by ubiquitination. This is why you need to understand ubiquitin. Once you master ubiquitin you can use that recovered energy to reverse illnesses. Each peptide bond requires 5 ATP to seal the bond. That amount is 5 times as much that is needed to polymerize nucleotides into DNA!! Each protein is reproduced in thousands of copies, which are continuously turned over by ubiquitin to repair wear and tear.

5. digital

digital Gold

While on this topic about consuming DHA -- does it make any difference consuming massive amounts of DHA based foods in a single day vs. dividing it equally over the week? (in the case of consuming a lot in one day, the rest of the week assume still eating DHA based foods). The question stems whether there is a rate-limiting factor for DHA intake.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  6. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Jack answered this question before...I think he said it depends on redox. I know Jack will sometimes eat massive amount of oysters on a single occasion. Me, I try to space them out.

David Limacher and Cpt.Tired like this.
  7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Updated the qhwiki page with a little more details from a conversation on Facebook -- http://qhwiki.com/opinion:dha-highest#toc6

I don't believe in excess DHA given the current evidence.

I believe that because DHA affects so many circadian-dependent pathways, eating it on a daily basis is probably wise.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Yew read the beginning paragraph of BG 5 about VDR, RXR, and DHA.

Geeks: The implications of Brain Gut 4 mean that to develop a brain seafood is required part of the program to maintain it. Nutrients and many other environmental factors have also been found to influence epigenetic programing of our DNA either directly or indirectly via metabolic sensors. Peroxisomal proliferator-activated receptors (PPAR’s), the vitamin D receptors, and the retinoid X receptors (RXR), and the retinoic acid receptors (RAR) are all examples of the nuclear receptors that interact with the brain cell membranes to control inflammation and metabolism all over our bodies. It turns out that PPAR’s are the receptors that are at the crossroads of where inflammation and metabolism actually cross. These are specialized lipid sensors that pay attention to our balance of omega 6 and 3 levels. 3%-10% of the human genome is directly or indirectly controlled by the endocrine functions of the Vitamin D system. This shows you how environmental signals are intertwined into the expression of DNA in humans. The Epi-Paleo Rx controls inflammation at a hormonal level in the brain better than the more famous paleo diet.

Non Geeks: What we eat is really damn important when you have 3 lbs of lipid in your head called a brain. If you eat outside our design you get sick.

Brent Patrick, Danco3636 and rlee314 like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Great question no one has asked.........Do you face blue light everyday at night? Yep........today do you face nnEMF everyday? yep........this means what we should be doing should also shift.

11. digital

digital Gold

That's great Yew!

"Excess DHA is likely used for combating excessive positive charge (inflammation) in the body, and that supports the position that excess DHA is not harmful."

Adding to Jack's statement of do we face blue light and nnEMF everyday-- Are we connected to the Earth all the time? If not, we would also likely lose DHA from being disconnected and DHA consumed to offset the positive charges we face majority of the time.

12. River

River Gold

Just to clarify - when we talking about DHA here we are strictly referring to DHA from RAW seafood, correct? I thought I'd read in several JK blogs and posts that only DHA in the sn-2 position can be utilized by our red blood cells and our brain. DHA that is not in the sn-2 position is simply used as a lipid for fuel.

As someone rising from the deep with a low redox, hashi's, fatigue and trashed sleep, I just want to make sure I'm on the right track (the only track) for healing by choosing raw fish and oysters on a daily basis.

Cpt.Tired likes this.
  13. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Yes, I remember in a podcast interview with Tristen, (I can't remember the name of his health site), Jack said that DHA is paramagnetic, so one requires lots of current (electrons) across the inner mitochondrial membrane to produce the magnetism to be able to draw DHA into the tissues.

14. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Heh, to be honest, I don't have the time to write down the list of things that DHA has a positive impact on, and all the studies that support those. There's too much stuff.

Control over PPARs, control over BMAL, better Melanopsin signalling, improved Cryptochrome signalling, improved RBC zeta potential, rhodopsin and G-coupled protein signalling, improved protein synthesis rates, better gene expression, etc ...

----

Sidenote: I think the paper 'A novel hypothesis for atherosclerosis as a cholesterol sulfate deficiency syndrome' is incredibly forward looking -- http://www.tbiomed.com/content/12/1/9/abstract

My excerpts here -- http://qhwiki.com/excerpts:cholesterol-sulfate-artherosclerosis

However, I think that they fail to mention anything about DHA, which plays directly in everything the authors talk about. The electrokinetic vascular streaming potential (ESVP) model which they support also supports a big role for DHA.
    Example quote:

The experimental results presented in [76] virtually prove, by process of elimination, that structured water in the interphase of the endogenous biofilm of the endothelial glycocalyx is the “target” of the EVSP.

a) the amphiphilic Ch-S in endothelial and erythrocyte membranes and blood plasma,
    b) a high (negative) ZP, and
    c) high interfacial water tension, effectively facilitates the electrokinetic pulling of deformable RBCs through the microvasculature

Heh, basically you need electromagnetic fields for everything, including blood flow and RBC-mediated oxygen delivery. While sulfates are clearly needed, DHA is also needed to maintain the membrane potential needed for high Zeta Potential, as well as to maintain.

DHA also seems to sensitise various cells to the action of sulfates -- http://journals.cambridge.org/actio...ge=online&aid=921276&fileId=S0007114506000043

DHA also affects all the liver pathways needed for circadian response to food, which in turn is an entrainment signal that ultimately controls actual cholesterol synthesis.

The sulfurylation of cholesterol by SULT2B1b is probably an independent factor though, which is why a source of sulfate is concurrently needed on top of DHA.

----

Sidenote again: After reading that paper, I feel like one of the functions of positively charged Exclusion Zones in serum is to amplifying the Electrokinetic Pull at sites of inflammation.

Already answered on the wiki -- http://qhwiki.com/opinion:dha-highest

Make sure you get a whole food source. Raw is best. Eat cooked if you need to. Quantity trumps Quality so long as it's a whole food seafood source.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  15. Josh

Josh Gold

Charge up key areas of your brain with mediation and load it up with SN2 DHA. Similar effects with increased Tensegrity in glandular and other tissues through practices such as yoga postures. Increase Tensegrity in key tissues for let's say hormone production and increase hormone production under appropriate COE's with adequate electron stores.....think the postures that seem to increase testosterone. Over time these areas should get loaded with DHA from the increase in current and magnetism secondary to the altered Tensegrity...Altered Tensegrity=altered pressure=altered density=altered speed of light=decreased entropy=think about the bottom of a Bernard Rayleigh Cell....

Brain functions are quantized, so when one loads up the membranes with enough DHA and there is enough additional charge and magnetism...new functions appear....see Luc Besson's "Lucy" for a stylized view of this....

16. Inger

Inger Silver

So glad to read this... I have been wondering if I eat too much of DHA - but I crave it! So I trust my cravings and go on eating seafood at least twice / day......

17. Josh

Josh Gold

Swami Rama always said to meditate and breathe carefully around eating....could it be to charge up the brain to improve vagal tone....?

https://yogainternational.com/article/view/your-brain-on-meditation

http://www.swamij.com/swami-rama-the-breath.htm

rlee314 and Inger like this.
  18. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That paper is Tensegrity 7 with different words

Brent Patrick likes this.
  19. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

You got it.

20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHA can come from any raw or prepared source........Supplements are the poorest choice.

Brent Patrick, jwhb77 and Cpt.Tired like this.