1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Leptin Rx is getting more data in the sails DAILY.

Discussion in 'The Leptin Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Another massive Leptin Rx win. It appears the food gurus like Ron Rosedale memes are getting destroyed with regularity lately. Not one food gurus predictions are holding up. The guys who follow the sun, however, are winning and winning big. Previous studies have identified a key role for mTOR in regulating photic entrainment and synchrony of the central circadian clock in the suprachiasmatic nucleus (SCN). http://journals.plos.org/plosgenetics/article?id=10.1371/journal.pgen.1007369

[​IMG]

2. KalosKaiAgathos

KalosKaiAgathos New Member

Another one:

https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/06/16/is-breakfast-the-most-important-meal-of-the-day/

While you have to read between the lines here, the collection of thousands (if not millions) of data points from different individuals of the My Fitness Pal app, eating more calories at breakfast did reduce total food consumption over the day.

I quote:

"While there is plenty of scatter, there is a definite trend towards eating less across the day in the people that consumed more of their daily calories at breakfast."​

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

When the sun is out is when is when you are supposed to eat.

Phosphene, caroline and Brent Patrick like this.
  4. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

More wind. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/29861386/
    "Results reveal that the cerebral ventricles receive input from approximately one-third of MCH-producing neurons. Moreover, MCH cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) levels increase prior to nocturnal feeding and following chemogenetic activation of MCH-producing neurons. Utilizing a dual viral vector approach, additional results reveal that selective activation of putative CSF-projecting MCH neurons increases food intake"

Phosphene likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene and Lahelada like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene likes this.
  7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

No sir, I brought this here as it is described by Nature Reviews as "a novel pathway that controls feeding behaviour". My point was that we know about this already and in more detail. Thank you for the cites. I will re-read.

Phosphene likes this.
  8. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

In one of my previous careers as a grant writer I helped edit and submit the proposal for the following grant:

https://www.nsf.gov/awardsearch/showAward?AWD_ID=1350448

Before it was awarded my health deteriorated to needing a medical leave (and then a lawsuit that I can’t discuss). I am still clawing my way out of the hole.

I haven’t been in touch with the principal investigator for quite awhile but at some point I’d like to talk with her about how she controls for light in her studies. I remember they had a lot to do with leptin. I don’t feel well versed enough in Kruse science to tackle this yet, but I’ll get there. Can you suggest any particular blogs or webinars (beyond the obvious) that might be helpful? I would love to perhaps help set science on the right path one small researcher at a time. Thanks!

Alex97232 likes this.
  9. Phosphene

Phosphene Gold (finally)

@Sue-UK

Wondering if you might have any thoughts on this since you seem well versed in leptin, and other things. :)