1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

THE KRUSE LONGEVITY RED LIGHT PANELS (PBM) From Josh

Discussion in 'Redox Rx' started by Jack Kruse, Mar 1, 2019.

1. drezy

drezy Gold

It also involves something Doc talks about -- geometries. The geometry of the light makes a difference too.

crix likes this.
  2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

That will be helpful.
    upload_2020-1-3_17-21-0.png upload_2020-1-3_17-25-41.png

drezy likes this.
  3. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Christine_L likes this.
  4. Michael CULLEN

Michael CULLEN New Member

Josh at what distance does one of your panels become a light instead of treatmenf aid?

5. Sajid Mahmood

Sajid Mahmood Mo Salah

Michael CULLEN likes this.
  6. Abraham

Abraham New Member

Hi all,

My first time posting on this forum, and I apologise for going over the top, but it is a long one…

If this thread is an innapropriate place to post this, or any individual part of this, please let me know what I should repost, and where.

First some background:

To be clear, I'm not seeking qualified medical opinions on treatment of any health condition. I'm just looking for personal opinions based on peoples own research, knowledge and experience.

Feel free to offer opinion based on extrapolation of scientific studies or concepts you are aware of, personal experience, or even just intuition. I’m open to all of those valuable sources of information.

I've been looking into buying a red / infrared LED panel recently. Leaning towards the mitogen because of the low flicker, emf and THD etc. I’d love to hear feedback from Josh on my queries, as no doubt he’s done a lot of research during development of his panels, and would be the foremost authority on what his panels are capable of, and best suited to. However, these questions aren’t all specific to the mitogen, and there is obviously a wealth of knowledge and experience amongst the members of this forum. So please do chime in, anybody who feels they have something worth contributing.

My primary motivations for buying a panel are for use aimed at the following goals, the first two being top priority:

1. To optimise my wife’s fertility - Both her fallopian tubes were previously diagnosed as being blocked, and we have been through several cycles of ivf previously to no avail. Her age, and as a result possibly egg quality is also a challenge. So looking at using photobiomodulation as a supplementary practice alongside another attempt at ivf in the near future. My reproductive system seems to be working ok according to lab results etc

2. To optimise my thyroid function - I have an enlarged thyroid that appears to be primarily a result of long term severe iodine deficiency. My bloodtests do not indicate hypo or hyper thyroidism, or thyroid auto immune diseases. I am addressing this through a combination of monitoring with ultrasound, functional medicine testing, and treating it through nutrition and supplementation, in consultation with a holistic GP and a naturopath. I'm also doing my best to make the most of sun exposure and minimise artificial light exposure, to optimise my circadian rythyms and mitochondrial health etc. (particularly important given I do shift work). So planning on using photobiomodulation alongside these other modalities.

3. Sleep optimisation – Any improvements to our sleep and circadian rhythms in general would be welcomed, particularly for me given that I do shift work .

4. Aesthetic optimisation - Mainly for my wife, to reduce the signs of aging (good excuse to get her on board…). Also hoping it might help slow down or even reduce my male pattern baldness.

5. General health optimisation – etc etc

......................................................................................................................................................

EFFECTIVE WAVELENGTHS FOR FEMALE FERTILITY:

Regarding photobiomodulation for female fertility, the only references to evidence I've found so far are studies or treatments done using:

A) Lasers at 830nm-

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3944482/

&

B). Lasers at 808nm, combined with LEDs at 660nm-

https://www.powermediclasers.com/en...y/160-laser-therapy-and-fertility-in-practice

The majority consensus seems to be that LEDs of sufficent power at appropriate wavelengths have achieved results equivalent to lasers in all applications they've been tested in so far. So I assume LEDs and lasers are (in theory) likely to be similarly effective for female fertility applications.

Regarding the wavelength, most of the LED panels I've seen use a 50/50 combo of 850nm & 660nm. Exceptions being:

A) The platinum LED biomax, offering a small percentage of LEDs at 630nm, 810nm, 830nm, with the majority of the LEDs at 850nm & 660nm.

B) Redlight rising full stack, offering custom fill of

LEDs in - 610nm, 630nm, 660nm, 670nm, 740nm, 760nm, 830nm, 850nm (and other wavelengths by request).

QUESTION- Can anybody shed some light… on whether the specific wavelengths of 850nm & 660nm common in LED panels (such as the mitogen) are likely to be similarly effective to the specific wavelengths of 830nm, 808nm used in the laser fertility treatment protocols?

The panel will be used for my wife's fertility, my thyroid health, and general health for both of us, so I don't want to put too much focus on the fertility aspect, but if a small change in wavelengths of the unit we chose is likely to make a significant difference to it's effectiveness for optimising fertility, without sacrificing too much of it's effectiveness for other more general applications, then I guess now is the time to work that out, so we can purchase the best unit for our needs.

......................................................................................................................................................

BODY COVERAGE & MINIMIZING TREATMENT SESSION TIMES:

It seems that the mitogen, much like other similar sized “full body” panels are really sized for just doing head and torso in one application at the recommended treatment distance of 6-12 inches.

So if you only wanted to do just the torso, you could position it high, do the front, and then turn around to do the back (2 application periods/positions).

Or if you wanted to do head to toe, do the same as above, then lower the panel and do front and back again (4 application periods/positions).

Or better yet, if you had 2 panels stacked one on top of the other you could do the whole body head to toe by doing the front in one application, then turn around and do the back (2 application periods/positions).

Or do just the torso sandwiched between 2 panels, 1 front and 1 rear (1 application period/position).

Ideally you’d have 4 panels, so you could do front and back full length in 1 application period/position.

QUESTION- Does the above sound accurate?

ALTERNATIVE SIMILAR PRICED PANEL FOR FULL BODY LENGTH COVERAGE:

The platinum biomax 900, and even the 600 has some pretty bold claims made that indicate around 100mw/cm2 at 18 inches out from the panel, and with 90 degree beam angle LEDs - the light spread at that distance creating a footprint that could easily cover me head to toe (Biomax-600= 72”x45” / Biomax-900= 72”x49”). However I’m sceptical about these claims. Also, I do wonder if being that far out (even if those numbers are accurate for overall power density at that distance), would result in less light penetrating enough to reach deep tissues. Which I assume would be important for the more direct and less systemic aspects of a fertility application. She could probably do close up, focussed, short duration applications on the abdomen. Then further distance, longer duration applications for full length of body and general health. However, if the whole point of buying a higher powered panel is to allow a full length treatment in one application to save time, this kind of defeats the purpose to a certain extent.

QUESTION-1- Does the above sound accurate?

QUESTION-2- Aside from standing further away to increase the light footprint of a given panel for greater coverage purposes, is there really much benefit in altering treatment distances (and maybe turning on/off the red/infrared to isolate one or the other), to maximize effectiveness of particular treatment applications (eg skin vs deep tissues/organs). Or is it just more time, for not significantly different results than you would get using a consistant moderate treatment distance with both the red and infrared turned on each time to kill 2 birds with one stone?

………………………………………………………………………………………………

IMPORTANCE/VALUE OF FULL BODY LENGTH TREATMENTS (INCLUDING LEGS):

QUESTION- Do you think there is much value in doing the legs on a regular basis?

Obviously if you had specific ailments in that area, like skin conditions or damage to deeper tissue, then it would be valuable to do some targeted applications to speed up the healing process. What I mean is, as part of an ongoing regimen of daily application for overall preventative maintenance and health/performance optimisation, whether doing the full length of your body would make a significant difference, or whether it would be a case of not much extra return for your investment of time (doing extra area application with the same panel), or money (buying an extra light and using it to do full length of body in one application).

…………………………………………………………………………………………………

THE IMPORTANCE OF LOW LEVELS OF FLICKER IN A PANEL:

I have read/heard some people claim flicker is not a big deal in this context, my feeling is that it probably is.

I guess if you look at it on face value from a reductionist perspective, you are only being exposed to it for 10 -20 minutes a day. So it might seem to be of little consequence compared to the likely far longer periods daily most of us will spend exposed to other sources of artificial light with high levels of flicker (even if you factor in proximity to, and intensity of the source). But my intuition tells me that it might be more important with photobiomodulation to emulate as closely as possible the way red and infrared are delivered by the sun (flicker free), so the body responds in the same manner. In other words, the subtle differences in the way the body receives and responds to the light when it's flickering may inhibit some of the beneficial processes, and or induce some other counterproductive effects. So the loss of benefit of 10-20 minutes in front of a high flicker panel vs a low flicker panel, ends up being far more significant to your overall health than the detriment of the same amount of time in front of another high flicker artificial light source which is not part of a health/healing treatment. Not exactly the same, but on one level a bit like how emfs etc have a more significant impact on the body during sleep/recovery than while awake and active. I’m sure this is a question with many multi layered answers, however…

QUESTION- How important is flicker in a photobiomodulation panel, and why?

IMPACT OF INFRARED SAUNA ON MALE FERTILITY:

I am currently doing an infrared sauna fornightly at a nearby float centre (mainly for detox reasons). I read somewhere that studies have shown regular saunas had a significant temporary impact on male fertility. Furthermore that 6 months was required for sperm markers to return to normal after sauna activity was ceased, however I think the participants were taking saunas much more frequently than fortnightly, and I think from memeory it was traditional steam sauna, not infrared.

QUESTION- I would be interested to hear opinions on whether a fortnightly frequency of infrared sauna would be likely to have a significant impact on male fertility, and what the likely fertility recovery time would be after ceasing taking saunas at this frequency.

Thanks,

Abraham

7. Your shift work will never be optimized by any panels...... Inconvenient to hear but true. Think of it like this.... You are a human. You are trying to live the life of a raccoon, mouse, or some other nocturnal animal. Your cells that are 70 trillion are optimized to Ultraviolet, blue, Red, Infrared, wavelengths of sunlight. Can you get out of shift work? Where do you live?

What is wife's age? Does she work nights? What is the health of her mother, grandmother? That will tell you about her engines she inherited.

Also NEVER underestimate the power of sunlight. It is the most powerful drug on the planet.

Regarding thyroid cold immersion can stimulate thyroid production. I like to think of it this way. The body is trying to protect itself. If you are under blue light at night your immune system constantly has to make cells. It is what it does under that light. The body lowers the temperature so that it can make those immune cells easier thus the lower thyroid. My body temperature was 97.5 for a decade. I do cold immersion and Sun and showers all cold. My core body temperature is 98.6-99.00. I never worked nights but I had chronic insomnia so sleeping was trashed for over 15 years. I am 44 now and after doing what is recommended her I sleep almost as good as I did when I was 20.

Sajid Mahmood likes this.
  8. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Abraham;
    You and your wife are going out of anything close to natural, to conceive a baby.
    Have you thought about what kind of life this baby will have if you both are successful?
    What chances are you preparing for this baby to have good health?

caroline likes this.