1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Kruse Cruise Thread

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Dec 9, 2014.

1. Jude

Jude Gold

And another thing......was wondering if these cruises ever have cabins available closer to departure time?...Suppose they are always booked out months aheado_O

2. Yoshalosh

Yoshalosh New Member

How does one attend the Q&A sessions???

3. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Hope2Learn likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

call cathy.........she has the details.

5. Josh

Josh Gold

Looks as though dad and I will appear...my 51st birthday present...o_O

sjoshua, nicld, SeaHorse and 7 others like this.
  6. caroline

caroline Moderator

Awesome Josh! What about your bride???

7. Josh

Josh Gold

Probably a boys trip, we invited the wives, but....

caroline likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Jeremy has confirmed for the cruise as well..........so people coming will get to speak with him as well. It should be a very informal gathering of community to grow our wisdom.

CTforlife, sjoshua, caroline and 5 others like this.
  9. Any estimate of how many Krusers are signed up?

10. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Is good water available onboard? Or do I have to fill my luggage with water bottles and wear the same clothing every day? ;-)

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

You have to buy water package or spring water which is what I do. It is optional. They have free water too and it was not fluoridated last I checked.

Hope2Learn and nonchalant like this.
  12. when does the option come up?

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

when you board. I just drink water.......and on this boat they have a private spa area for adults that has citrus water and cucumber water. Great place to relax. Randy I am not sure how many signed up yet, I have to ask Cathy.

14. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I had this question too, nonchalant. I found conflicting advice about the tap water onboard cruise ships when others asked about it on various cruise message boards, so I hunted down this. It's the CDC "vessel sanitation" operations manual and it has a whole section on "potable water". See the details in section 5 at the link.

My understanding is that they either get the drinking water from safe on-shore sources (bunkering) or they make potable water from sea water through either a reverse osmosis or distillation process. The water is "halogenated" so that it contains residual halogens of 2.0 ppm. The definition of halogen in the document is: " The group of elements including chlorine, bromine, and iodine used for the DISINFECTION of water." Note that fluorine is not mentioned, but it is a halogen, so in theory could be used. Also, chlorine and bromine both interfere with the body's iodine receptors, so they aren't ideal either.

They limit how much water you can bring on board in the Liquor and Beverage Policy. The limit is 12 non-alcoholic drinks per person. (Oh and one bottle of wine :)) Apparently this has to be in your carry on luggage, so the suitcase stockpile idea is a no go. o_O

They sell water through "The Fun Shops". (Check links here and here). You pre-order it and pay for it before you cruise. They deliver it to your stateroom so it is waiting for you when you get on board.

You can buy water at the bars and restaurants on board. It's pretty pricey. Here is a link showing the current prices.

So, there's your choices! :D I'm leaning toward carrying on a small quantity and pre-ordering a bunch through "The Fun Shops". Summer solstice on the Gulf of Mexico - I imagine I'm gonna need a lot! :rolleyes:;)

JMO and nonchalant like this.
  15. Josh

Josh Gold

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Thanks so much, Cinnamon. The H2O Party package looks good.

17. RobH

RobH Gold

LOL.... only here would the H2O be called the party package.... still waiting for summer to crystallize but it is looking pretty favorable for us to come aboard!

RobH

Shijin13 likes this.
  18. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

I'll be doing our taxes this weekend now that all our documents have arrived..... Should have an idea by the end of the weekend how we're going to be able to swing it....

19. cantweight

cantweight Gold

If you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans. Words to live by....

We received a save the date card about a month ago for a wedding on 4th of July weekend....thought we were in the clear....then the phone call came and my hubby is now on best man duty which requires him being available the weekend before the wedding...cruise time :(

I shed some tears but know that for whatever reason I am not meant to be there....this year. I truly hope this is an inaugural cruise or the first of many opportunities to unite with you crazy wonderful people. I wish you blue skies and smooth seas, enjoy every moment!

Shijin13, fitness@home and MrPinkies like this.