1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Kruse Cruise Thread

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Dec 9, 2014.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

I would love to share room with you Yew! I really wish more information too, tho... I have no clue about many things... from the email i got i just got way too little information... it says about 500 dollar for 1 person.. the cheapest version... (Yew... i need to do the cheapest version I am afraid.. at least if one bed is 500 dollar) does this mean 1 room? Or one bed? Yew... help me... how much would it cost if I shared a room with you? Is food included? I guess not? Is the food expensive on the cruise? How much money do I need... about... I really want to do this but I so far have really hard time figuring out how much money i will need....

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Food is included on a cruise........it is one of the cheapest ways to travel. If you want more info you should call Cathy.

3. I would be fine sharing a room with you Yew..............in fact I would feel honored. Plus it might give my rusty brain a badly need 'tune up'. I am serious and if it saves money of course yes I would be up for it.............

4. Inger

Inger Silver

Ok... I am sure Yew will rather share room with you Patrick because.... yeah.. i am a woman... :confused:

Any girls out there who need someone to share room with? :) Rerun.... cant you come...........

I am not 100% sure yet i will get the money together fast enough before all rooms are gone... but i do all i can...

Will there be oysters on the cruise? I love that the food is included :) :) :) (if it is epi paleo for sure...but i would imagine there will be lots of seafood?)

nicld likes this.
  5. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

OK, I got back another email from Catherine. I think the community should know that:
    • There are options for Single, Double, Triple, and Quad rooms
    • There are 4 room types: Interior, Ocean View, Balcony, Suite
    We can organise independently regarding how we want to share rooms.

6. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

I would like to share! I had pretty much given up on the idea of going when I found that the cost for a single was at least $1,500 US. The cost for 2 people is about the same for both together!

Food is included, but you need to add something for drinks (even if only bottled water) plus gratuities are extra. You need airfare to NOLA. And it is recommended to arrive the day before the cruise (so you don't miss the boat...), so probably at least one night hotel. It would be helpful to share this cost too...

Oh, and Inger, I asked Cathy about the oysters too! LOL
    Here is what she said:
    Me: Oh, and is seafood (especially oysters) included in the cost of the cruise, or would that be an extra? I hope Carnival knows that this group is likely to devour vast quantities! LOL
    Cathy: I cannot guarantee what will be served on the sailing but you have the main restaurant, a buffet and there are specialty restaurants which do charge an entrance fee. Usually there will be a seafood item on a menu but I do not know if oysters will be offered.

Remember that post a few months back (<--- click! there is a link here) that talked about a mutiny on board when all these people with orange glasses have eaten every oyster and there is no ice left! LOL Maybe that was a prophecy? :p:D:rolleyes:

But seriously, I would love to go! I want to meet everybody! :)

nicld likes this.
  7. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

Heheh, who wouldn't want to share a room with Inger ;)

I think organising around double rooms is going to be easier. Unless we can somehow magically make a Quad room possible :eek: (I'll take some conversations to private messages)

Anyway, hope that everyone can make it. We need as many perspectives on that Cruise as possible.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If y'all are smart put 4-6 in room (suite and really go for it)

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NOLA has plenty of oysters..........50 cents a piece

David Limacher and RobH like this.
  10. I am ON for that, after all the more in a room the more chance to get to know each other. The point of this 'Cruise' is not to be isolated or even comfortable. I am serious so if someone wants to begin you can count on me. Does "Quad" mean 4, I think 4 in a room is a good number. Also I don't care if it is 'internal' money is a factor with me so I am fine with a cheaper room but really am open on that one.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I think the point of the cruise is to get people together live and see where the future lies............

David Limacher likes this.
  12. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

OK, more info.

Quad rooms are available on request, but payment has to be confirmed by <22-Jan-2015>

For each non-related (not family) person sharing a room, you need to pay a US$250 deposit via Credit Card and complete a form to confirm the room. The forms are available on request from Catherine, who can be reached at trvlbyedesign@comcast.net

If you're travelling as a family, then there only needs to be a single form and single US$250 deposit per room.

Getting a double room is the recommended option to make it easier to organise the trip. Find a partner and get going ;):p

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
    David Limacher likes this.
  13. ssj3

ssj3 Silver

I will bring the PIRATE FLAG... and everyone thought I was joking. :eek:

Munity1.jpg

Hope2Learn and caroline like this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

I would LOVE to share room with you Cinnamon :) :) :) :) that would be so much fun :)

Oh man I really need some help figuring out this.... i need to PM you

15. cinnamon

cinnamon Gold

The PM function on the site seems to be broken since the hack. :(
    It seems I can only send a PM to somebody if I have already PM'd them before. Inger, I have PM'd Audrey before. If I send her my email address and ask her to send it to you, will she have a way to get it to you? She is probably asleep now, but I will try! :D

16. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am awake now!! sent it to Inger.......

If I am not lucky enuf to go at least I can help you guys.....

17. yewwei.tan

yewwei.tan Gold

SeaHorse likes this.
  18. I am looking for someone to share a room with on the Cruise. I am a 62 y.o. man so any women can be assured I am very well behaved and it is not a problem for me at all. Of course a man is probably more appropriate and less problematic all the way around but either is fine with me. Anyway time is passing and if I don't hear from anybody I suppose I will just have to go ahead and book a room by myself. I really would like to save some money. I am sorry if this is not the right place to 'advertise' but don't know what else to do................

19. for any of the aussie crew, air nz has a sale on for usa til the end of the month, about 600 each way

20. caroline

caroline Moderator

Thanks Josh. ...... So wish I could make this happen....