1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Kruse Cruise Thread

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by Josh (Paleo Osteo), Dec 9, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The fourth of July has become a farce. We need to celebrate people we care about it. Here is some perspective we all need today: The paradox of our time in history is that we have taller buildings but shorter tempers, wider Freeways, but narrower viewpoints. We spend more, but have less, we buy more, but enjoy less. We have bigger houses and smaller families, more conveniences, but less time. We have more degrees but less sense, more knowledge, but less judgment, more experts, yet more problems, more medicine, but less wellness.

We drink too much, smoke too much, spend too recklessly, laugh too little, drive too fast, get too angry, stay up too late, get up too tired, read too little, watch TV too much, and pray too seldom.

We have multiplied our possessions, but reduced our values. We talk too much, love too seldom, and hate too often.

We've learned how to make a living, but not a life. We've added years to life not life to years. We've been all the way to the moon and back, but have trouble crossing the street to meet a new neighbor. We conquered outer space but not inner space. We've done larger things, but not better things.

We've cleaned up the air, but polluted the soul. We've conquered the atom, but not our prejudice. We write more, but learn less. We plan more, but accomplish less. We've learned to rush, but not to wait. We build more computers to hold more information, to produce more copies than ever, but we communicate less and less.

These are the times of fast foods and slow digestion, big men and small character, steep profits and shallow relationships. These are the days of two incomes but more divorce, fancier houses, but broken homes. These are days of quick trips, disposable diapers, throwaway morality, one night stands, overweight bodies, and pills that do everything from cheer, to quiet, to kill. It is a time when there is much in the showroom window and nothing in the stockroom. A time when technology can bring this letter to you, and a time when you can choose either to share this insight, or to just hit delete.

Remember to spend some time with your loved ones, because they are not going to be around forever.

Remember, say a kind word to someone who looks up to you in awe, because that little person soon will grow up and leave your side.

Remember, to give a warm hug to the one next to you, because that is the only treasure you can give with your heart and it doesn't cost a cent.

Remember, to say, 'I love you' to your partner and your loved ones, but most of all mean it. A kiss and an embrace will mend hurt when it comes from deep inside of you.

Remember to hold hands and cherish the moment for someday that person will not be there again.

Give time to love, give time to speak! And give time to share the precious thoughts in your mind.

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

rlee314, Paul T., nicld and 4 others like this.
  6. RobH

RobH Gold

We text too much and talk too little.

Thanks for sharing. I share little over social media, but will share this. I'm a bit new to putting much of anything on social media. Generally eschew it as I spend too much time on computer / phone / text as it is. I see the value of it in building a community though. Given our current climate I've always worried a bit about building a footprint / trail. But some things are worth sharing.

Independence and freedom are worth celebrating -- as are connections that we willfully seek out and make.

RobH

kovita, MrPinkies and Shijin13 like this.
  7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Well Rob.......you want to see the good side of tech? Read Richelle's new Journal.........amazing what happens when Jack is pissed off on trauma call.

rlee314 and Kristi Lambert like this.
  8. RobH

RobH Gold

Amazing indeed. You've been on fire this AM. They must have finally got you to make a trip to the OR. :)

I know where you're coming from. I'm a very unhappy person in the pre/post night / late evening shift period.

RobH

Shijin13 likes this.
  9. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

Quantum entanglement with some very special mammals..... and a magnetic waltz near the Chicxulub crater.... a bucket list moment!

Dolphins, Cozumel 2015 - 1.jpg Dolphins, Cozumel 2015 - 0.jpg Dolphins, Cozumel 2015 - 2.jpg

rlee314, Paul T., Shijin13 and 10 others like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

awesome pics..........

11. RobH

RobH Gold

Beautiful! Did you have the dolphin push you also? We did that in Cabo and it was amazing how powerful and smooth they are. Humbling.

RobH

12. Grmoline

Grmoline Gold

You mean like this?
    dolphin ride.jpg

Shijin13, nicld, cantweight and 2 others like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

14. RobH

RobH Gold

Yes!

RobH

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

So Patrick asked me on the cruise several times if I was going to burnout because of all the questions, wine, late night dinner's, etc...........and I smiled at him.

I told him Irishman to Irishman I had a plan mapped out.................and my eye twinkled a bit when I said it to him.

So what did I know he didn't?

A teaching lesson about numbers: Numbers explain physics better via colors but few people see the world in numbers. Most everyone can see colors to understand a picture. As I posted in the Ubi series, colors is all about frequency. Colors for me, and hopefully for our community here, is not about just what we see, it is about what color fundamentally are in physics..............they are quantized information and energy packets of vibrational energy. Consider red light: has a frequency of 436,803,079,680,000 oscillations per second. That equates to the same energy in a high C note in music. Paul Teipe might like that comparison. That note has an oscillation frequency of 4,096 oscillations per second. Xrays, microwaves, cosmic, and gamma rays all have these numbers and colors tied to them.........but when you read them they make no sense to you........but color has a qualia you do get. Your grandma's book.........the pic has meaning.........to you. You know what it means to me? Magnetism has the HIGHEST oscillatory rate we know of in nature. Few people know this. It is 18,446,744,,073,709,551,616 oscillations per second.........IT is hard for the mind to grasp that many things vibrating that many times in a second........But guess what.......last week on the cruise.....everyone else did there own thing in Playa Del Carmen on the cruise........and What did I make sure to do? I went into tthe crater where those Oscillations have existed for 65 million yrs.........Patrick asked me how I expended all the energy I did every day and night on the cruise.......and not get tired. I reminded him I flew to Austin the day before the cruise and spoke to a large group of humans at Voice & Exit and then got back on a plane and flew home to the innovator's cocktail party and blew some more of my redox away too! He just chuckled. I did not. I knew exactly what I was doing. I remained ketotic and at once and day and drank a ton of water........why? Because that water assimilated all those oscillations from the crater to renew me.........I knew I could give a lot for 9 days.......because I was going to get a lot more in my very short soujourn in the crater. For those of you bad at math: That number above is 18 quintillion, 446 quadrillion, 744 trillion, 73 billion, 709 million, 551 thousand, 6 hundred, and 16 oscillations per second of vibrational energy. That my dear people is physics 101. Get some. I invited everyone to the crater but only my family went................too bad.

rlee314, caroline, nicld and 3 others like this.
  16. Jonathin

Jonathin Gold Member

That is an interesting frequency in that it touches the gamma ray region of the spectrum.
    Or 2^64 = 18,446,744,073,709,551,616.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

18. PaulG

PaulG New Member

Lol I have this book, I bought it some twenty eight years ago as an angst ridden teenager when I bought occult books from the local second hand book store and smoked and read in secret in a grotto at my local park. I don't recall reading it - it's pretty old 1920s..

rlee314, Shijin13 and caroline like this.
  19. Dr K. I can't be the only one who wonders about that................how do you avoid 'burnout'? To continue the Irish theme my feeling is be careful to avoid giving too much of yourself. People tend to just take what is given and not give a thought to what it costs you. I know a bit of what I speak here.............I did that too until I had little or nothing left and IMO it's worth keeping in mind most of the world is not "Irish" (that can stand for any indigenous people) and in a world of 'every man for himself' people just tend to take and take.................until there is nothing left.

rlee314 and Shijin13 like this.
  20. cantweight

cantweight Gold

Pat I could be wrong but I think this is where having true love and passion for what you do coupled with a loving support system saves one from burning out. My husband works really hard but has often said when I am with him he can handle it when I am against him it becomes too much. The doc knows how to play to balance the work....a good skill to have!