1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Jigsaw

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by dantothep, Jan 7, 2015.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Dr. K was leading us into another way of thinking. If he would have given his suggestions for our health, without leading us through the science, most of us would be long gone. We lost enough people when he brought up EMF as a problem. Sometimes he would put up a brilliant blog post, only to be met with a thunderous silence. If we were in a classroom, I imagine he would have looked out and saw deadfishonthebeach-looks in our eyes. So he would have to regroup, and approach these new ideas in a more piecemeal fashion.

When we would ask him questions on the forum, he wouldn't answer if we weren't ready to go down that path. That often made us upset, so then he started answering the questions with partial answers. Or textbook-like answers, which sufficed until we were ready to consider something different.

Sometimes I was aware of this process, other times I was just pissed as hell! ;-)
    I can see where reading old blogs could get really confusing. But I'm not sure there is an easy way to digest all this information. Perhaps the webinars.

dantothep and Lahelada like this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

And doing labs and trying to change your health in the same environment you got ill within is a Rx of frustration........

nonchalant likes this.
  3. dantothep

dantothep Follow life's little clues...

Very easy to say in an Ivory tower. 2 months ago it looked like we were going to be homeless! Stress like that can be crippling!

I understand that changing my environment is critical. I guess my question is what can I do until August September to minimise the damage until I can revise my fiscal situation and enable A move for both myself and my family with small children, which is no small feat!

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I agree........but why waste money on labs during this time? I dont get it. Fix the big issues and move to the smaller.

dantothep likes this.
  5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you can fix what you must because of $$$, then do what you can with what you have. Stay outside, go camping, turn off the lights, drink water, eat cheap canned sardines.

dantothep likes this.
  6. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Danto, I sympathise. I adore England and its people but would never live there again .It is too hard on the pocketbook. Can we help you with anything ,brainstorm ideas,point out the obvious ;) or whatnot. While reading I thought of the ocean . How close are you and could you imclude it in your routine. Second thought I had was Epsom salts which you did not mention but should be in your arsenal somewhere. I assume that you are familiar with Aldi and Lidl too.

7. Peertje80

Peertje80 New Member

I love Lidl :cool:

I understand a tight budget better then a tight junction. So I hear you. We got the same thing going on across the channel. Living expenses going sky-high. But Britannia got it worse because she refuses to use the euro. From your story it seems that you're under a lot of stress. Maybe there is a good point to what Dr Jack is telling you. Prioritize you're money. And start making a feasible plan to move some place better. Nothing soothes the brain better then structure and accomplishing small things;).

Also I really recommend learning how to meditate. It made a big difference for my stress levels back then. Learning how to let go is such a relief. Meditate instead of exercise. It could be just the thing you need.

Hang in there.

dantothep likes this.
  8. dantothep

The full bloods are the best thing I have managed to get out of the NHS! As for the ASI (which I had to pay for); as I was feeling good even in my current environment I had thought I was getting the ASI to prove (has never had one before) that I was doing OK since implementing Leptin Reset, Epi template, CT, and more grounding etc. I guess my ASI has probably looked like this for many years!

Sometimes when you read things or take advice it's not until you experience it on an N=1 (make mistakes, get lab data) that you really take the advice seriously. I never listened to my parents until I had made the mistake they foretold!

9. dantothep

Very familiar with Canned sardines, best with mustard, creme freiche, parsley and onions!

Don't worry about me I'm a grafter, and a survivor. I'm using this whole situation as a springboard to learn more.

Lahelada likes this.
  10. dantothep

Thanks Lahelada, the offer of brainstorm is much appreciated. This weekend if I meet all my deadlines at work I will be spending sat morn in a Pine forest and sat afternoon by the norfolk coast - weather permitting this is Britain of course!

I know all the cheap hacks to get decent food at reasonable prices, from best places for frozen fish, where to get cheapest oysters, veg etc.

Epsom salts work wonders for me, and are included at least 2x week for me!

Lahelada likes this.
  11. dantothep

Thanks Peetje. I do meditate (have done a 10 day vipassana retreat), and find that it can help, but It still doesn't relax my bones anywhere near grounding in the Sun in a park/field somewhere.

12. dantothep

The Irony is not lost on me.

Having to work hard in an environment that destroys my health to enable me to move to en environment that enables optimal health! Should have been born in a forest and stayed there! :)

13. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Norfolk Coast I love it. I had my "own" beach there. A local told me how to get there on foot. Don't let the weather scare you. Freezing ocean wind is CT too.

14. dantothep

I'm not scared of any weather it's my companions!

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

see where you are now and begin right there. Any step forward is a step for progress

16. dantothep

I have made improvements since December just got to keep going! Thanks for the guidance.

17. JanSz

JanSz Gold

dantothep,

The ASI test was the best you did for your self.
    It was about worst test that I have seen.
    Now you know where you stand.
    You can only go up from where you are now. Take it as a good news.

Reminds me of IvanDrago.
    We have not heard from him in the while.
    I recall wondering that for him his home environment was so toxic that working on a hot sunny days installing roofs could not overcome that.

Medical student going roofer then fisherman hand on a boat.
    ------------------------
    Your cortisol is flat-lined and all the time on the bottom.
    Hardly any DHEA.

---------
    In the blood, when healthy person tests major steroid hormones by weight and take that as 100%,
    his DHEAs level fraction is 95%
    his morning total cortisol fraction is 4.25%
    the rest is 0.75%
    and
    you hardly have any DHEA and cortisol.
    (I am using 300mg/day DHEA, without testing you likely may try up to 200mg/day)
    ===========================================
    Dr Kruse tells us that when all is considered food comes as #3 in its importance.
    #1 light (form of EMF)
    #2 EMF
    #3 Food

Food cost $$. Sardines, butter, eggs, chicken livers (and hearts) are very good food. Tap water.
    As for #1 & #2
    I got idea:
    Now is May. You have 4-5 months until it gets cold.
    Get a tent and porta potti, find a place (forest, park, lake, gardener, farmer), spread out your tent there.
    Sleep there, spend most of your free time there.
    Visit your family (if only to change clothes take a shower and empty porta-potti).
    -------------------------------------
    Do not worry about anything, how you eat, what supplements you take, minerals, anything.

Just work on getting your cortisol and DHEAs as best as you can.

All else is also important, but it is second after these two.
    -------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2015
    Peertje80 likes this.
  18. dantothep

Hey Jan,

Thanks for all the support. The worst ASI you have seen - I always new I would be a record breaker!

You mentioned blood, but my ASI was salivary; as I thought all ASI's were.

Yes i'm taking this test as a base standard so that I can improve, If I feel good with an ASI like this imagine what I will feel like when my levels are restored!

I like the tent idea, I think in order to pull this off and still be close to home/work (as I want to to continue being married/having employment) it will need to be close to London, and I will need an EMF meter that can detect 100khz-5ghz freq range so that I can be sure of no nnEMF's.

DHEA - do you let the powder dissolve under tongue as some people had mentioned oral doses carry some digestive toxicity risk?

Food - Sardines, butter, eggs, chicken livers, free range beef/lamb hearts all form part of my diet already which is good. I can pretty good low TDS water for about £0.25 / litre close to me which helps.

19. dantothep

I see this whole episode as a challenge, and I quite like a challenge!

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

When you stand in one place and see three cellular towers around you,
    forget about instruments, get out of there ASAP.
    If you short of $$, sell that instrument.

Any DHEA that you can get is better than none.
    I use one made by lef.org (because it is least expensive).
    It is in form of pills, gel caps with powder in it.
    I buy 100mg gelcaps. (50mg would cost me same as 100mg).
    I eat three of them, every day, since I retired 18 years ago. I am 75yo now. Had short periods when I stopped them for hacking, my DHEAs dropped like a stone from over 400 to below 100.
    Had a time that I had to use 4 pills.
    Dr Kruse during some of his hacks used 500mg/day
    lef.org recommends
    350-500 μg/dL men
    So, when you start supplementing with DHEA it is long term.
    Careful about laboratory ranges for DHEAs. They are age adjusted, worthless.
    When I had 95, I was just right within recommended range for my age.

When you are falling on your face tired, go out, take shirt off, let the sun shine on your skin (even if it is cloudy and chilly). No oils or anything on the skin.
    At this time, with very low vit D levels you do not want long times sun exposures, all at once.
    So, watch out for the weekends when you may have better opportunity for sunbathing. Can't rush this things.

My grandson loves sardines.
    Sardines if in the olive oil are unappealing to me, I am adding some anchovies.
    Eggs are highly underrated, everybody in your family can eat (whole) 6/day, everyday,
    preferably drink them raw. At this stage do not worry about organic, free range etc.
    Go to Asian stores, look for beef tendons, chicken feet, good source of collagen.

ASI is salivary test. Gold standard. It tests two ideas at once.
    Free Cortisol level and change of cortisol level throughout the day.

My example was base on hormonal levels by weight, in the blood.

When your situation changes and you will want to test your hormones,
    make sure to not waste your precious $$ and do test of other hormones in saliva.

Last edited: May 6, 2015