1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The iodine Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Hope

Hope Gold

That's awesome Grizz thanks so much for sharing! I do follow lots of this. But I do wonder if I have symporter issues....not sure. Should test I guess.

I was also intrigued by what he said about iodine deficiency and hyper estrogen issues......all amazing.

Thanks again!!

Okra likes this.
  2. kovita

kovita Silver

Just maybe a two weeks back there was an article on the FB group a study about iodine from Austrian pregnant women. Most of them on prenatal vitamins containing iodine and practically all of them showed important iodine deficiency as per the iodine urine excretion. Almost everyone is iodine deficient nowadays. I suggest you to make the urine test. I frankly do not believe you can give the same dose to all and get perfectly uniform results. This is just matching the fact of individial background and context.

rlee314 likes this.
  3. kovita

kovita Silver

one more thing,I would never use iodoral but always use fish and seafood and algae. I believe the whole iodine containing food package makes a big difference. I would as well consider nations with traditional diets heavily based on the marine diet such as Japanese...they do not have any elevated incidence of neonatal hypothyroidism. For me it is another reason to forget the pills and get it from the food instead.

rlee314 and Jude like this.
  4. Justfourme

Justfourme New Member

I currently have hubby on several supplements,vitamins and minerals mainly to off set some of the side effects from the PPI, ace inhibitor, beta blocker and statin he has been taking for a year post cardiac cath and stent placement. He recently has stopped taking the platelet inhibitor and is only on low dose aspirin for blood thinner. I had hoped stopping the platelet inhibitor would improve the issues with ED. That has not been the case. Thoughts on things to try?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Grotthuss was the first correct concept for the charge transport in electrolytes; and it still remains valid for the charge transport in water. It allows for protons cable construction within an ionic fluid by using a current of protons that use a hopping mechanism. The older you get the less able you visit the quantum ledge to build proton cables. Therefor you live on ATP and not able to use the proton cables that allow quantum entangled protons to allow for instantaneous action at a distance. Iodine brings protons closer together to make entanglement more feasible because it lowers the light energy needed to tunnel or entangle the protons. This allows the protons to "hop faster" than light can travel. This is why Einstein had trouble with entanglement but not with tunneling, because he called it action at a spooky distance and felt that light was the speed limit of the universe. It is of the speed limit of the universe but not of the stable fundamental particles, namely electrons and protons. That hopping mechanism is referred to as quantum tunneling of protons. Quantum tunneling becomes more probable the smaller the mass of the cation is, and the proton is the lightest possible stable cation on Earth. Iodine and iodides turbocharge this ability by turning the sea of protons into an ionic plasma. This is why the thyroid gland, choroid plexus, and intestinal gut lining all concentrate iodine and iodides and H+.

rlee314 and Kristi Lambert like this.
  6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Supplements will not fix this issue.............

rlee314 likes this.
  7. Okra

Okra New Member

I just started taking Lugol's iodine 5% on Tuesday. I took one drop straight on my tongue when I first opened the bottle. I felt amazing for the rest of the day; clearheaded with lots of energy. Next day I did one drop in water and didn't notice anything. I did some research and have been adding 2 teaspoons of ACV to the water. Increased my drops up to four. Last night I started feeling awful; sore throat, headache, freezing cold, super low energy, just overall crappy - woke up today feeling awful. My mouth was full of thrush.

I'm guessing I went up too fast. Today I did the Celtic sea salt in warm water followed by water. I did about 5 g of Crystalline vitamin C in water. I made a smoothie with fresh frozen kale, avocado, coconut oil, cocoa powder, banana, Probiotics, carob powder, coconut/almond milk and some other things. I climbed in a bath with Epson salt/detox salts to drink my smoothie. I'm feeling better but my energy and motivation are still really low and I'm supposed to be in class for homeopathy school but can't seem to get myself out the door.

I do take Armour Thyroid plus BioThyro by biogenesis. I thought I would be able to go down on my thyroid dose, currently 30 mg a day, but something I read on this thread makes me wonder if I should go up to 45 instead, specially since I got so cold from doing the iodine protocol.

I am taking magnesium and milk thistle. I also take a cal mag zinc supplement at night, B12, D3 in the AM and a supplement called Lipo-flavanoid for my Ménière's syndrome and Celiact for my celiac's disease.

I'm also student homeopath on a constitutional homeopathic remedy. My homeopath/professor did approve me starting the iodine protocol.

I'd love some feedback.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  8. Grizz

Grizz New Member

9. Okra

Okra New Member

Thanks Grizz. I picked some up on Saturday realizing that that was a piece of the protocol I was missing. I also stopped the iodine to let my body catch up with the detoxing. I started again today mixing a couple drops with coconut oil and just putting some on my skin while I was rubbing it onto a big nasty bump on my dog's leg.
    I'm going to start back slowly so that I detox at a rate that my body can cope with comfortably. I actually noticed an energy boost from that little bit. Why do I forget how sensitive my system is?!

10. marlowe

marlowe New Member

Hi, I have been reading through this thread, lots of great info. I have been doing the epi-paleo plan for a couple months now, and mostly following this protocol for iodine supplement with lugols, B vitamins, selenium, vitC. Also trying to eat as much raw fish and oysters as possible. I have a little concern about my thyroid as I feel a dull ache in there fairly consistently since starting the iodine supplementing a few weeks ago. It is most noticeable if I haven't eaten for a while, or if I haven't gotten much sleep. I am worried that my hormones might be off, maybe I am not fully leptin sensitive yet or something to do with gherlin. I had my thyroid levels tested, TSH was 4.2 mcIU/mL, T4 was 1.0 ng/dL which apparently is normal. I think my hormones might be off, but I don't want to be doing permanent damage to my thyroid. Not sure what could be causing the pain in the thyroid. Any opinions from the knowledgable people on this thread? Anyone ever heard of this same issue? Thanks in advance.

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Light is the key............you're missing. Light is the key to thyroid function.

Danco3636 likes this.
  12. caroline

caroline Moderator

You need to be very, very careful with iodine supplementation..... A lot of us screwed up when we first jumped on that bandwagon.

Jude and Danco3636 like this.
  13. JanSz

JanSz Gold

--------------------
    --------------------

Peruse my posts on this thread:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/
    look at charts on post #64 there.
    ----------------------

Your pituitary thinks that your do not have enough thyroid hormones (TSH=4.2)

The active thyroid hormone is FreeT3.
    Even assuming that you have plenty of freeT3, it will not work if you do not have enough cortisol.

We are creatures of light.
    We need proper light at proper time.
    We need sunlight.
    Sun light have variety of visible and invisible frequencies, they vary with time of the day and seasonally.
    Synthetic light does not equal sunlight.

Before you can earnestly work on thyroid hormones you have to check status of your Circadian Rhythm.
    Best is to do multipoint saliva Cortisol and DHEA.
    ---------------------

Jude likes this.
  14. marlowe

marlowe New Member

Awesome, thanks for the help, ill go to work on getting more light and test for those hormones.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Great, post (complete) results when you get them.

If you can get this (at labCorp):

1, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 17, 22, 23, 24, 27-34, 35, 38, 39, 40, 42, 51, 58

https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/#post-81508

Scan and post each complete page of your results.
    What is your latitude and altitude?

Birthday: Jan 1, 1985 (Age: 31)

1985 it was a very good year.

16. JanSz

JanSz Gold

You will sleep better if you get long noon exposure to sun.
    Sun is always there, even if you do not see it from behind the clouds.

To get exposure to sun you must exposure your skin, more better.

17. Pebbles

Pebbles Gold

@ Jan - I am in EU, we have different u.o.m 's and Pg/E2 is not used, so I have to calculate it myself. My question is how do you calculate it - what are the u.o.m-s you use- is not clear from the table you attached? Do you bring both to same mcg or mol ? Thanks for clearance.

18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Pg/E2 is molar ratio.

In the hind site, I would say that it is better to be careful when attempting to force in some pre-conceived "good" Pg/E2 ratios.
    One of the problems is that there is a lots of variables.
    When reading about it is rarely clear what kind Pg and what kind E2 are being considered.
    By that I mean that there is multitude of tests available, each giving results that are often incompatible.
    That is when just considering blood testing.
    Now we get variety of saliva tests.

Blood tests usually give values of total hormones.
    Saliva tests are often questionable, most often results are being called FreeHormones,
    anyhow, true or not, it is different animal.

When I created that table, it was right after dr Jack made claims about his favorite Pg/E2 ratio.
    I do not remember seeing more details on how he would approach testing Pg and E2.

At the time it was easy for me to create table, there was available calculator at
    http://new.instacalc.com/421
    Now it is gone.
    ======
    Not all is lost.
    You may want to use the PG and E2 charts I posted below table we are talking about:
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/pg-e2-ratio.6427/#post-81508
    They represent blood values.
    You want little extra Pg, if you want to follow what dr Jack said.

You may also read up this link:

http://www.yourmenopausetype.com/menopausequestionsandanswers/06112000.html

///

Pebbles likes this.
  19. Pebbles

Pebbles Gold

Thanks Jan - Th
    ats what was misleading me - you say the ration should be in mol, than right under the chart still in excel data are mentioned in ng's.

What I have E2 982,5 pmol/l = 267,64 pg/ml
    Pg 4,6 nmol/L = 1,45 mg/ml
    Based on the chart data, Pg is in ng/ml and E2 is in pg/ml. however the ratio is transforming the pg to ng dividing it by 1000.
    The mol/mol ratio it gives magnitude of 40000-70000 which is weird:))

Pls have a look at my file - the ng sheet is ok. - uhh does not let me attach excel:((

20. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I suggest that you forget about ratio.

E2 982,5 pmol/l
    Pg 4,6 nmol/L

It would help if you describe:
    What was tested (blood, saliva)
    what day of menstrual cycle was blood drawn
    Your numbers fit day 14 real well.

[​IMG]