1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The iodine Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 17, 2012.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Increased 2-hydroxylation of estrogen is associated with lower body fat and increased lean body mass

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Increased 2 hydroxylase = good free T3

4. I found this just now.
    "What makes an estrogen good or bad? That has to do with the biological activity, or potency, of that estrogen. Estrogens are important in a host of cellular activities that affect growth and differentiation in various target cells. This is normal and beneficial, but too much estrogenic stimulation can have a negative effect. Therefore, properly metabolizing and excreting estrogens is crucial. This is how the daughter compounds differ substantially. If these estrogens are metabolized into the 2-hydroxylated estrone and estradiol, they lose much of their cell proliferative and estrogenic activity and are termed "good" estrogen metabolites. Studies show that when 2-hydroxylation increases, the body resists cancer, and that when 2-hydroxylation decreases, cancer risk increases."

My guess is increased T3 improves estrogen metabolism thus foods like arame would be a big part of a bad estrogen detox.

5. So, when you think of iodine, do you think of it as primarily an insulator and superconductor? Does it help move electrons from the pi electron cloud by offering semi conduction to the operation? And does semi conduction mean quantum tunneling? If this is the case, would iodine be the railroad on which the electrons from DHA molecules can travel? Am I driving you crazy yet?

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

iodine protects DHA from lipid peroxidation at the most critical synapses and places where DHA is found

7. How? Through chemical bonds (biochemistry)? Or through some quantum mechanism we don't quite understand yet?

8. I love this. Ur awesome! What a great summary of the issues facing modern man.

9. bionaut

bionaut New Member

Take a look at brain gut 12. There is plenty of detail and context for ya there.

http://jackkruse.com/brain-gut-12-dare-to-disagree/

10. Thanks Bionaut. Will do!

11. Bionaut, since you seem to be one of the many people here who serve well as the blog's librarian. Do you know here I can find a description of how cholesterol works from a more "quantum perspective". I always thought cholesterol was a semi conductor. But now I am not sure. I just read this article for insight. It discusses all the things cholesterol does and how Vitamin A supports some of the processes. But I don't understand how it does it. I am understanding iodine as an insulator and a semi conductor but I can't quite understand cholesterol. Do you?

http://jackkruse.com/cellular-depletions-why-should-you-care/

12. Maybe this is a stupid jump or a brilliant jump. But I am thinking if T3 is composed of iodine, and if iodine has semi conducting properties, maybe T3's function is more about the movement of energy or energy transfer through semi conduction. I am sure this what everyone already knows but somehow it hit me at a deeper level. Let me think how this plays out. If someone eats a bunch of carbs but is iodine deficient, then s/he would be potentially T3 deficient. This would mean no semi conductivity to transfer the energy from here to there. This would be like your subway or bus not showing up to get you from here to there. If that is the case you would be stuck in the same place. When T3 doesn't show up in all its glory, the energy from food must get stuck and not go to where it has to go, thus resulting in fat or glycation.

If T3 is involved in estrogen metabolism, I am guessing, that this is like the bus or the subway train missing two stops. If the T3 bus doesn't show up here or there, the various functions just don't happen.

So, the puzzle is clear. Electrons must show up to get on the bus and our T3 contains some of the bus--iodine. Is this right? And perhaps iodine would thus be used in treatments like diabetes.

Am I on the right track?

13. I guess when you remove any of the semi conductors such as iodine or cholesterol, it is like ripping up the train tracks.

14. bionaut

bionaut New Member

LoL I wish I could say I was close to being the blogs librarian and have it all cached in my noggin but my head isn't nearly as big as Jack's yet. As for cholesterol, I actually do not have a great understanding of how it functions "quantumly". I do know that it is present in almost all tissues and has one hydrophillic and hydrophobic points which probably means it can act to control exclusion zone water flows.

15. Well, that is a brilliant deduction.

16. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

From the OSF2 blog:

17. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Wouldn't you need a network, like collagen, to transfer energy quickly? Moving molecules of T3 around would be so slow. With a collagen network in good condition, transfer would be instantaneous. Jack tells us that hormones are energy, though, and thyroid hormone would certainly qualify as an agent of energy. A secondary agent, perhaps.

Jude likes this.
  18. When Dr. Kruse talked about DHA, he used the metaphor of a superconducting magnet. I found another great photo of his example.
    http://www.wou.edu/~rmiller09/superconductivity/

After all this discussion of superconductivity, I realized I didn't know what superconductivity actually is. I looked it up. Here is the definition for anyone else who is wondering.

Superconductor defined

A superconductor is any material that conducts electricity with zero resistance. Not all materials are superconductors and all the known superconductors only have zero resistance at extremely cold temperature. These cold temperatures are called cryogenic temperatures. This zero resistance has many consequences, some of which are described below and some of which are extremely complicated and out of the scope of this article.

19. I went onto read this.

Why metals have resistance

A metal is any material with good electrical conductivity. In a pure metal the atoms exists as a lattice of cations surrounded by a sea of delocalized electrons. At room temperature, these cations are experiencing thermal motion, which scatters the electrons. This scattering is the cause of electrical resistance.

20. I was thinking that iodine may be a gradient for quantum tunneling. So, I looked up the word tunneling on the blog. I found this article which talks about tunneling in the mitochondria. I wonder why the mitochondria specifically uses tunneling. Does tunneling create an addition of energy or is it simply how electrons move across the mitochondria quickly. My question comes from me trying to understand "God's engineering work?" If I was the God who designed the human, why, a human engineer, would I create a tunneling mechanism in the mitochondria?

Does iodine allow tunneling to occur? What about in CT? I ask these questions as I am trying to figure out what superconductive mediums that we are learning about facilitate tunneling?