1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The iodine Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Danco3636

Danco3636 Silver

Damn I love it when Jack is on a roll!!!! Lots of BOOM's and new thinking for me.

Can I buy you a bottle of veno and some oysters on the half shell? LOL

Josh likes this.
  2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

just keeping it real........

rlee314 and Josh like this.
  3. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Iodine supplements cannot be taken by itself. It must be taken with Selenium, or else hyperthyroid (Hashimotos) can result. Here is the report from multiple doctors on this subject:
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...nrVz5an3c76C7hdok/edit#heading=h.u7pp3kksac2l

Selenium in its role with iodine:
    http://www.greenwillowtree.com/Page.bok?file=selenium.iodine.html

A major issue here is the fact that every cell in our body has an iodine receptor that is easily confused by the sea of toxins that we live in. Bromide (in bread & multiple products), Fluoride added to city water, and chlorine take over the cells that need iodine, causing iodine deficiency disease. We live in a sea of these toxins. This is explained perfectly here:
    http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine update.htm#section18

The solution is to take iodoral or lugols in large enough doses to detox the body of these toxins, and then to take enough iodine supplements to keep the toxins out, as explained by Dr. Brownstein & other notable iodine doctors. Seafoods are an ideal source for iodine, but cannot supply enough iodine to detox the body according to the iodine doctors.

Grizz

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  4. Hi, I found this clip from the leptin resistant diet post.

"Arame (Eisenia bycyclis), is one of the ocean’s richest sources of iodine. It often contains more iodine than seafood does! Because of its high iodine content it can have major effects on women’s progesterone to estradiol ratio’s naturally. If you are estrogen dominant you might consider using this as become a staple in your broths and recipes. Many natural healers use arame to help reduce breast and uterine fibroids, excessive bleeding, fibrocystic disease of the breasts, and ovarian cysts. It is also quite helpful in cases of PCOS with acne and excessive facial hair. It also contains a lot fat soluble vitamins and phytohormones, to normalize peri menopausal and menopausal symptoms. Arame is often associated with soft wrinkle-free skin turgor and tends to enhances hair growth and make your hair have an incredible sheen. The reason is because this veggie increase your free T3 to a dramatic degree when it is used regularly in your diet."

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Which is why you should take iodine with selenium in SEAFOOD. My god...........don't you get it? You just proved my point with your own words.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    rlee314, Danco3636 and Shijin13 like this.
  6. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

Jack talked about this specifically in the Epi-paleo Webinar. Good find that brings it back up!!!! You're jamming through content Melanie and really pulling things together!

7. Thanks. I am just determined to put this puzzle together. This puzzle wakes me up in the morning and puts me to bed at night. Jack makes it easy though when he leaves breadcrumbs like "Follow the electrons." There's the clue. Medicine can be easy after all. Thank God!

Shijin13 likes this.
  8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is easy....once you know why electrons are big and soon you will.

9. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Dr. Jack and I are both on the same page. Iodine with selenium is required for optimal health, and to prevent iodine deficiency disease. There is just a difference in where to get iodine. The iodine doctor s Brownstein & his colleagues recommend Lugols & iodoral where Dr. Kruse recommends seafoods.
    Jack, what are your thoughts on detoxing the halogens Bromide, Fluoride & Chlorine from the cells in our body that these halogens have taken over?
    http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine update.htm#section18

The iodine doctors insist that seafood alone does not have enough iodine to effectively perform detox.

Grizz

10. Fascinating question Grizz!

11. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

The iodine docs do not understand how a cell works.......that is why they believe as they do.

rlee314 likes this.
  12. Grizz

Grizz New Member

May I ask how do you go about detoxing the toxins of fluoride, bromide & chlorine from the cell receptors intended for iodine? We live in a sea of these toxins. They are everywhere in our food, water , furnishings, drugs.

Grizz

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

read the redox rx blog.........electrons and water

rlee314 likes this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHEA = IL 6 = sleep = autophagy efficiency..........when it is bad you are losing electrons in a big way...........when autophagy is bad mitochondria are swelling and you are using more apoptosis which is mitochondrial suicide and not renewal........autophagy is how mitochondria reorganize and renew.

When you lose one electron in mito =superoxide. This is OK because it is a signal of what to do
    When your lose two electrons in mito = H2O2 can be OK or bad depending on context
    When you lose three of more in mito - Fenton reaction or a build up of hydroxyl free radicals........always bad. This causes massive tissue damage = low DHEA

Read the blog about Fenton reactions. Quantum Autism has a real detailed area on this where I discuss this.

Normally the only place a normal hydroxyl free radical is used in biology is in macrophages that kill bacteria. This occurs within the confines of these cells and not in tissues.
    When they occur in tissues constantly due to non native EMF collagen is destroyed and unzipped.
    When Non native EMF interacts with "dislodged transition metal from un zipped collagen it cause the Fenton reaction to occur. This is why unzipping proteins is a big problem in our modern world. It frees the transition metal to interact with the higher powered non native EMF. What happens? the energy in the EMF is transferred to the electrons in the D shell of these metals to cause ionization of the metal or the remnant unzipped protein fragments......this changes their chemistry in you.........and it makes hydroxyl free radicals we can not clear well.

The hydroxyl radical can damage virtually all types of macromolecules by energizing their molecular structures using the quanta of energy to alter its structure and function: This is true of proteins, carbohydrates, nucleic acids (mutations), lipids (lipid peroxidation) and amino acids coded for by DNA and RNA.

The hydroxyl radical has a very short in vivo half-life of approximately 10−9 seconds and a high reactivity. This makes it a very dangerous compound to any living organisms mitochondrial membranes or its cell membranes. It causes you to lose electrons in massive numbers.

Unlike superoxide, which can be detoxified by superoxide dismutase, the hydroxyl radical cannot be eliminated by an enzymatic reaction. Mechanisms for scavenging peroxyl radicals for the protection of cellular structures includes endogenous antioxidants such as melatonin and glutathione.

This is precisely how non native EMF destroys your redox potential everywhere.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

It is also how you detox halogens........BEST

16. Grizz

Grizz New Member

One of my favorite iodine videos is by Dr. Flechas where he explains how iodine can help mothers make super smart babies. He also explains several other important iodine subjects.

Grizz

Paul Keenan likes this.
  17. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Dr. Flechas Video - Iodine deficiency promotes multiple cancers.

Grizz

Paul Keenan likes this.
  18. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Dr. Sherry Tenpenny outlines the many disorders that come from iodine deficiency
    !

Grizz

19. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  20. Grizz

Grizz New Member

[​IMG]

The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life

The Iodine Crisis explains how we became so deficient, then shows the time-tested solution to reversing many serious health conditions, with fascinating history of iodine & testimonials. See how Lynn cured her own breast cancer and iodine deficiency disease. This book belongs in every home...

Interview with the author, Lynne Farrow

http://www.wishsummit.com/pinkribbon/lynne-farrow

More excellent iodine books

Grizz