1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The iodine Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Inger

Inger Silver

Megan I bet it can.
    I was so tired yesterday it was horrible.. and I am sure it was detox from Iodine. I just started the protocol but with pretty high dose. Thankfully I feel great today, no tiredness at all, practically. Wow, I totally had forgot how it feels to be tired in the day. It was not so fun.
    Take a 2 days break from Iodine and drink plenty of water and do the salt flush, it should help!

2. nuttmegs17

nuttmegs17 New Member

Thanks Inger! I will do a salt flush. I def didnt get enough celtic salt this morning. I wonder if the lugols get into our system faster too as it is a liquid so more easily absorbable?

When I first started Iodine, I went super slow...at some point I hit dose where I felt fantastic! But then I pushed it too far so I scaled back again. I got the lugols bc I figured it would be easier to ramp up, one drop at a time over several weeks.

What is the optimol dose for Hashi people? Does anyone know? 25mg? Thats kinda what I'm aiming for at this point

3. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

I think the optimal dose is highly variable. Assuming that say 90% of an Iodine dose should be excreted in a 24 hour load test the proper amount to supplement would logically be that amount which keeps you at that 90% level. Figuring that out...not sure exactly how to do that..hmm?

I'm guessing that at the 90% sufficiency level that the body would be excreting close to 100% of the toxins and Iodine would be everywhere it is supposed to be in the proper amounts. If that is the way it works..it still doesn't help to determine how much to use to stay at that amount. If the amount of toxins goes up the amount of Iodine would need to go up in order to keep the right amount of Iodine...complicated.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  4. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

My 80 yo dad began taking 6.25 mg of Iodoral once a day as well as 2-3 Brazil nuts and mentioned that his sleep has improved and he now has a daily bowel movement without the need to take milk of magnesia.

5. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am at 3 Iodorals (12.5mg each) a day. No detox yet at this time. Hopefully, it will continue like this.

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  6. Wurst23

Wurst23 New Member

Ive been on 1 dropperful of relatively weak lugols (from a pharmacy, never bothered to ask the actual strength) for approx 6 months - have had some clear detox symptoms back then, and also the thyroid swelling which went away rather quickly.

Having finished that bottle, i ordered some 12% lugols online which arrived yesterday. Started with 6 drops (should be around 72mg of iodine) in a glass of water approx 3 hours after BAB and felt a bit warmer during the day, thats for sure - but no thyroid swelling or detox yet

When is the best time to take iodine? Is it true that it can oxidize other nutrients when taken together with other food/supplements?

Thank you and have a fine day

7. Andrés

Andrés New Member

Benign prostate hyperplasia update.

After a year taking iodine/iodide, my father's prostate seems (I don't know the error margin of the echography estimation) to have shrank from 170g to 164g, at the same time that the PSA has decreased (they didn't give us the numbers though). We are not following exactly Dr. Brownstein's protocol and he has been increasing doses something like 50% every two weeks most of the times. Nowadays he is at something like 7.2mg/day (4 Iosol drops). He will be increasing toward 21.5mg/day (1 Iodoral tablet and 5 Iosol drops).

He was taking 5000IU/day of vitamin D3 for a year till last fall. His 25-OH-vitamin-D level was 61ng/ml then. He is taking 9x5000UI/week since then. We are going to measure his level again next week.

He takes also tocotrienols, tocopherols, vitamin C, vitamin B complex, selenium...

He is still taking the standard medication though: combined alpha-blocker and 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. He was already taking it at the same dose for several years while his prostate kept growing till they advice us to operate on him last year, hence he hearing my advice and starting with iodine. We will decide to lower or eliminate it depending on next year results and medical collaboration (I would like to check size in half a year or less if eliminating). We haven't talked about iodine with his urologist yet.

8. Inger

Inger Silver

Be careful Wurst, you might soon experience some not so fun detox...;) 12% is strong! For me it took about a week or so with quite high dosis + painting my breasts before it hit me. I got so terribly tired. It went away in one day though. I also have some small pimples here and there.. and some places that itches. Sure it is from the iodine. I go slow now.
    Best time to take Iodine is in the morning, and with food together, so I would say with your breakfast. Iodine taken later in the day can make it hard to sleep as it might make you so energized!

@ Andres, interesting update, please keep us updated!

9. Grizz

Grizz New Member

@ Raiken,
    The dose of iodine required for good health is extremely dependent on how much we eat & drink of the Iodine Busters
    * Chlorine
    * Fluoride
    * Bromine

If we could eliminate all of these poisons then we could get by with only 6 to 12mg of iodine daily. Unfortunately, we live in a sea of these poisons, and Dr. Brownstein recommends 50mg daily to overcome these goitrogens:
    http://www.freegrab.net/Iodine update.htm#section18

We have taken extreme measures to remove these toxins from our food & water including distilling our water, and we are now taking just 12mg a day (1-iodoral) with required supplements.

@ Andres
    I look forward to your update on your dad's BPH. I just don't have enough testimonials on that subject. I would like to add his BPH cure to the testimonials section.

@Wurst23,
    Yes, liquid iodine can react with Vitamin C where iodoral tablets are not a problem. So take your Vitamin C in the evening & your iodine in the morning. Also, I suspect that your 12% iodine is a euro version which is equivalent to the USA 5% Lugols. Euro measure iodine ratios differently than we do. What counts is the mg of iodine per drop.

@nuttmegs17,
    Here are the references for your Hashimotos. As you can see, selenium is essential:

PS) We just got back from 2 weeks vacation in Europe. Great fun, & a wonderful trip. You guys have done a great job manning this discussion thread in my absence ! This thread is becoming more professional with every message! While on vacation I managed to educate some people in our travel group to help us spread the word on iodine. One was the manager of a health care facility.

Grizz

10. Inger

Inger Silver

Grizz, you were close to me! How cool! Europe is nice for sure, I am glad you had a great time! :)

Two nights in a row I have painted the soles of my feet with Iodine, I did not even used carrier oil... and I painted a lot, so they got dark brown. I thought, instead of ingesting Iodine for a few days I'll do this. I painted them right before bed, at 9:30 PM. When I woke up at 5:30 AM I checked my feet and there was no coloring back, zero.. all the Iodine was absorbed. Cool! My hands got totally colored too in the procedure.. lol - but they were 100% clean today morning too! It is a little like magic, how the color disappears..;) I am going to paint my feet soles (but I think from now on with carrier oil just in case..) and breasts and then only ingest a small amount. Like 1 or 2 drops or so.

Growing up close to Tjernobyl.. and living close to Russia where you never know what can happend.. I think it is not a bad idea to saturate oneself with Iodine.
    I wonder if the protocol also helps remove radioactive Iodine from the body? I have been eating quite a lot fish from the Baltic sea and it is quite radioactive too. (I try to limit it now)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2013
  11. Grizz

Grizz New Member

@ Inger
    You might want to try adding the oil AFTER painting yourself with iodine. Mixing oil & iodine is like mixing oil & water - they refuse to mix. I've heard this works well, but have not yet tried it on myself yet. Please let me know if this works out for you.

I've also added this to my Testimonials Section.

Does anyone else have any testimonials for Iodine Cures that I can add to my testimonials file ?
    Grizz

Last edited: Apr 28, 2013
  12. Andrés

Andrés New Member

He will go again to check up at the urologist next December/January. I'll keep you posted, I hope it to be good news.

13. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Symptoms from Iodine Deficiency
    (typically the same as hypothyroidism - Link )
    Dr. Flechas Interview: ”Hormone Receptors and Iodine. All hormone receptors are dependent on iodine, which increases the sensitivity of the receptor to the hormone it is designed for. For example, it can increase the sensitivity of
    insulin receptors and thus help with diabetes. Similarly, it can increase the sensitivity of the receptors for neurotransmitters (e.g., serotonin, dopamine, GABA) in the brain. Thus, depression may lift after taking iodine. It can also increase the sensitivity of receptors for testosterone and FSH/LH. This 2 hr interview was just one revelation after another.
    This is why some people are helped with diabetes by taking iodine supplements! Also why iodine helps with low libido & hypothyroidism”
    CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
    * Cholesterol levels increased (1) * Cysts of skin, breast & ovaries (2,9)
    * Cold intolerance (cold hands & feet) (1) * Concentration decreased [brain fog] (1)
    * Constipation (1) * Depression (1)
    * Diabetes (4) * Dry, coarse hair (1)
    * Dry skin (1) * Dry Mouth
    * Dry Eyes * Excessive sleepiness (1)
    * Fatigue (1) Chronic Fatigue Syndrome * Fibromyalgia (4)
    * Fluid Retention (4) * Graves’ Disease (4)
    * Hair Loss (10) * Headaches (11)
    * Heart rate slowing (1) * Hyperthyroid, hypothyroid, Hashi’s (4, 9)
    * Immune system reduced function (4) * Insomnia (4)
    * Keloids (9) * Memory Poor (12)
    * Miscarriages & Low Baby IQ * Mental Retardation
    * Muscle Cramps, Pain (1,4) * Parotid duct stones.(12) * Puffiness around the eyes (1) * Stomach Problems
    * Sweating reduced or gone * Swelling of the legs (edema) (1) * Temperature drop in body temp (1) * Thyroid cysts (Goiters) (2,3) * Weakness (12) * Weight gain (1)
    THERE ARE MUCH MORE - 181 Symptoms ! ! ! Consequences of Iodine Deficiency

Symptoms from SEVERE Iodine Deficiency
    CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR OR LICENSED HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONAL.
    * Migraine headaches (6,11) * Painful periods/heavy periods (5,6)
    * Pelvic pain (5,6) * PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) (5,6)
    * Endometriosis (5,6) * Fibroid Tumors (5,6)
    * Pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) (5,6) * Breast lumps, pain (fibrocystic) (5,6)
    * Cancers in female breasts & organs (5,6) * Lung Cancers (13)
    * Prostate problems including Cancer (7,8) * testicular cancer (7,8)
    * Thyroid Cancers * Erectile Dysfunction

See http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Deficiency for more details.

Grizz

Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  14. mafixit

mafixit New Member

Following this thread now, thanks!

Karen from Arizona

15. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Complete thread here:
    http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=2060787#i

Yes it has been proven by the iodine doctors that iodine restores hormone levels & hormone sensitivity for both men and women. The key to this miracle is that iodine restores the proper functioning of the hormone receptors and helps restore the thyroid which is Job #1 for the rest of the hormones. See Recommended Reading http://goo.gl/G4dLP for more.

Grizz

Last edited: May 1, 2013
  16. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I am up to 4 Iodorals a day. I have no detox any longer which I was experiencing at a lower dosage.

17. Inger

Inger Silver

Ok. Now I REALLY take a break from the Iodine. (so hard for me because I really really want to take it..huh!)

I now have 7 (!) weird pimples on my face...?! Thank god not too big but they are weird, not with any fat in them like normal pimples. And I have gotten 2 small red bumps on my finger next to the one I had the bigger bump a month ago or so.. right at the same place.. but they are two small one side by side. And it itches here and there over my body.. This is all so weird.. LOL I work as a waitress and my poor guests will lose their appetite when seeing my pimple face.. help! All my own fault for sure, so no one to blame. I have not had all the co factors.. because of lack of money to buy them. But I still took quite a amount of Iodine.

So now I am taking a break until I get them all, and then I will start slow! But hey, this protocol is working at least..lol I just painted the soles of my feet... and that was crazy effective making me detox so hard.. wow.
    I actually think this is all pretty cool...:)

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Oh Inger! Sorry you are breaking out. Are the pimples on your face in fairly close proximity to each other?
    My bump on my finger (which I still have) actually consists of two small bumps very close together. My doctor suggested I paint it with Lugols.

Don't feel too bad about the cofactors. I got my bromoderma while taking all the cofactors, and while taking the recommended dose of iodine. Besides, sea salt and lots of water are the most important cofactors.

Last edited: May 2, 2013
  19. GlenPDQ

GlenPDQ New Member

What is the proper type of iodine for painting the skin such as for skin blemishes, warts, well behaved small tumors, athlete's foot, etc.?

20. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Exciting Video - Dr. Tenpenney discusses iodine deficiency
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMjKmi12UX0

@ GlenPDQ,
    Use Lugols Liquid 5% available at Amazon.Com. Use the iodine full strength on warts, tumors & moles, but be VERY careful and do not paint your good skin. Repeated exposure to iodine will cause dermatitis in your good skin.

I would not use iodine on athletes foot. Instead, rub your feet each morning with Grapeseed Oil. The results eliminate ALL foot problems such as cracking, peeling, odor, fuglyness.

Grizz

Last edited: May 2, 2013