1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The iodine Thread!!!

Discussion in 'The New Monster Thread' started by August, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Raiken3712

Raiken3712 Jonathan/Jon

Apparently there are some rare cases where microgram doses as in Atomidine or similar formulation may be a good idea. Dr. Brownstein did mention it was rare, but describes someone in his practice that was sensitive to many different things and had problems with taking Lugol's/Iodoral. Its in Iodine Why You Need It Why You Can't Live Without It 4th Edition..probably in others but thats the edition I have.

He also mentioned some people who needed to take a break from supplementation and not do it 7 days a week. I'm not sure how you would determine if you needed to do that besides having a holistic practitioner helping you or perhaps some other on line resource.

In general you are probably right about Nascent etc...though. Lugol's/Iodoral seems to be the best as its mostly what Dr. Brownstein talks about in the book. He only has one mention about the Atomidine use.

Just figured I'd post about it since I just read it.

2. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Amazing Iodine Testimonials organized by subject:
    http://goo.gl/OCZHT

These testimonials are a real eye opener!
    These testimonials expose the medical profession "standard of care" = Mastectomy for Fibrocystic Breast Disease and how iodine is the best solution.

Grizz

3. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Very helpful guidelines, thanks! I'm in the 4 drops category, it seems. I have felt (gut instinct) that I should be tapering down now, and am down to just one dropperful per day. I will keep reducing slowly and keep tabs on my reactions.

4. Grizz

Grizz New Member

One of our church leaders requested one of the free books that I am giving out to our church members who are suffering from typical iodine deficiency symptoms. I bought 10 books from Amazon.Com to hand out to people in need:
    "The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life"

The most common symptoms:
    * Fibrocystic Breasts
    * PCOS - Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
    * Uterus problems - Fibroids, Cysts & Endo
    * Thyroid problems - Swollen neck, hypothyroid, cold hands & feet
    * Brain Fog, headaches, feeling stupid

Surprisingly, he said this:
    "Thanks, just about everyone in my family is on thyroid medication. I’ll ask Paul if he is getting your e-mails because I think he would probably want a copy too.Thanks again, Ricky"

NEARLY EVERYONE IN HIS FAMILY IS ON THYROID MEDS ? ? ? ? ? YIKES ! What is wrong, here? This is a testament that the national iodine deficiency crises may be far worse than I thought. WHY are doctors prescribing thyroid meds when the obvious solution is iodine for the starving thyroid? Even I am shocked over this. What has gone so wrong in the medical profession ? Med schools must not be teaching about the connection between the thyroid & iodine ?

BTW) How much does it cost per month for thyroid meds?

Grizz

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  5. Grizz, thyroid meds can be really inexpensive (<$18/mo) all the way to very expensive (>$120/mo). ust another reason to try to lower or get off of them entirely. They have saved me from complete exhaustion but I'm still looking for a way to lower/eliminate. Thanks for all your great info. I read this thread religiously and have learned so much from all the posts.

6. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Patty Cakes,

Thank you for the info. Since I started on this iodine project in JAN 2012, in this old original thread, It has been one mind blowing, unbelievable revelation after another, beginning with this shocking statement by Dr. Kruse:
    Why had I never heard of iodine being used to treat very common disease ? ?
    Why were so many MILLIONS of people suffering ? ?
    Why is there a NATIONWIDE iodine deficiency epidemic ? ?
    Why is the news media propaganda sooooo silent ? ?

BILLIONS are being spent to advertise risky drugs with absurd side effects, yet the Mainstream Media is CENSORING iodine ? ?

It is very clear to me that if everyone in the USA were sufficient in iodine & Vitamin D3, then our extremely expensive health crises would be gone in no time. We should all become spokesmen to promote the word to everyone we know. On Twitter, Facebook, Emails, write magazine articles, and more. My Iodine Research Report contains all the best research for anyone to write books & magazine articles. Make some Big Money for yourself by writing articles about iodine.

"Donate to the American Cancer Society" to find a cure is all BS. The cure for cancer has been well known for over 100 years, but is now buried by the drug companies. Read the Chapter CANCER in my iodine research. There is NO DOUBT that some or even most cancers can benefit from iodine. This fact is proven by the woman in my own neighborhood who was sent to home hospice to die from cancer of the uterus & vagina. Her best friend began administering the Dr. Brownstein Iodine Protocol and now 9 months later she is cancer free. Also proven by author Lynne Farrow who cured her own breast cancer with iodine. Her story is extremely heart warming.

If anyone knows Obama, we need to get the word to him so he can SLASH the cost of medical care with iodine.

Grizz

7. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Hi Grizz,
    I just got Derry's book "Breast Cancer and Iodine" and started reading a few chapters. It seems to be very good! I just need more time to read it all.

BTW, in one chapter he mentioned that it is very important to make sure that you have enough thyroid hormone and iodine in the body. Both should be supplemented if you are deficient.

8. Grizz

Grizz New Member

Destiny,
    YES ! Please let us know what else you learn in this book. Dr. Derry is correct. People have been iodine deficient for so long that their thyroids have been damaged, and in some cases the damage is permanent requiring thyroid meds for life. In other cases the thyroid slowly recovers and starts producing hormones on its own. So, if you are taking thyroid meds, there is a chance that you can slowly reduce your meds. Watch your body temp and how you feel. If you start feeling hot and your body temp rises, you can cut back on the meds.

In any event regardless of what happens with our thyroid, we still require iodine for the rest of our body. Every cell in our body requires iodine. Some reports suggest that the female breasts alone require 3 to 5 mg a day !

More here:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45205-255.html#post844257
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/...j5jXDmOp0HwpdBS6VY/edit#heading=h.e3gvmikza5q

I will pray for your success,
    Grizz

9. Hope

Hope Gold

Yeah, and then on top of that you have the BBB leakiness from EMF through the fluoride we are all getting too which causes further stress on the thyroid, UGH

10. Grizz

Grizz New Member

11. Destiny

Destiny New Member

I will report anything interesting. Not to need any thyroid medication would be great!. Thanks, Grizz, for all you do!

12. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

DH's thyroid has been responding beautifully to tyrosine and iodine.
    The doctor has just seen a slight response in his TSH, but all this winter he has surprised me by choosing either no jacket, or just a thin jacket in the morning. And at night he isn't so unreasonably cold, especially his legs. I was worried about it last autumn, because I REALLY didn't want the house overheated this winter, as it usually is. He also isn't as worried about being caught out without a jacket.

This is after several decades of being "cold natured". Amazing transformation in just a few months.
    He has never been on thyroid meds.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  13. Hope

Hope Gold

That is great! I haven't been that lucky yet :) My TSH has gone up and down...not sure if I am going into Hashi's though my antibodies are still low.....ugh.

14. Hope

Hope Gold

Grizz, thanks for the tip.....as always!

15. Grizz

Grizz New Member

TSH – Why It’s Useless
    Measuring your Thyroid Health

Optimizing The Thyroid

Grizz

16. Hope

Hope Gold

THanks Grizz...gotta check it out

17. MsYo

MsYo Silver

Grizz---- I have been on iodine for about 5 months now. I'm up to 100mgs daily with no detox sypmptoms. I have low free T3 and hypothyroid symptoms (low body temp, low morning cortisol, etc). Should I up my dosage of iodine even higher? My fibroids have gotten smaller though I haven't had an ultrasound since starting iodine therapy. I did start dosing with Thyro-Gold within the last 2 weeks and have seen an improvement in my body temps. Any insights would be appreciated.

18. Grizz

Grizz New Member

MsYo,
    100mg of ioldine is more than enough so I don't recommend going any higher. Are you also taking the required co-supplements? http://tinyurl.com/Iodine-Supplements
    - - ½ tsp Natural Celtic Salt, Himalayan Pink Salt, Redmonds Salt or Hawaiin black salt
    - - - If the sea salt is pure white, it is unacceptable - minerals have been stripped out
    - - 200mcg selenium (L-selenomethionine or Methylselenocystine preferred)
    - - 400 mg Magnesium - Glycinate preferred
    - - 2,000mg Vitamin C - Ester-C preferred -
    - - ATP Cofactors caplet contains both 100mg B2 & 500mg B3 (Niacin) non-flushing in the correct ratio. Take 1/2 caplet with iodine up to 25mg, then one caplet for each 50 mg iodine, see notes below
    - - - Don’t drink Fluoridated water
    - - - Cost Per Day for required supplements = 75 cents/day, 12.5mg iodoral = 25 cents/day
    - - - All prices from Amazon.com ( Free shipping > $25 )

The thyroid requires both iodine AND selenium. You may also need thyroid meds if your thyroid doesn't respond to the iodine. Over many years of iodine deficiency, the thyroid could be permanently damaged and you could require thyroid meds for life. But you also need iodine. When your fibroids have been cured, you can reduce your iodine down to 25 to 50 mg. However, I have heard of cases where the thyroid has come back to life after 1 to 2 years of taking iodine, and they had to reduce and even eliminate the thyroid meds.

Read my references on the thyroid.

Grizz

19. Grizz

Grizz New Member

I had ordered a dozen books from Amazon,
    The Iodine Crisis: What You Don't Know About Iodine Can Wreck Your Life
    to pass out to neighbors who were suffering from iodine deficiency symptoms, mainly people in my church. As the wife & I drove around the area dropping off the books, it became clear that EVERYONE had someone in their family or knew friends that were suffering from one or more of the typical iodine deficiency symptoms:
    * Brain Fog, Feeling Stupid
    * Depression, headaches
    * Hypothyroid (cold hands, cold feet)
    * Fibrocystic Breasts (lumpy, bumpy, hard, painful breasts )
    * PCOS (Ovary pain, cysts, swelling )
    * Uterus (fibroids, cysts, endometriosis)
    * Prostate (low libido, frequent urination, erectile dysfunction)
    * Female Hormonal Problems (low libido, menstrual problems, mood problems )
    * Anyone fighting cancers of any kind.
    * Fibromyalgia
    More here:
    http://tinyurl.com/iodine-references

I knew that iodine deficiency was an epidemic. But EVERYONE in my rural neighborhood ? ? WOW ! I think I have to canvass the rest of my neighborhood and hand out a flyer explaining how widespread this problem is. And NOT A WORD on the TV Propaganda, not a word in the newspapers. As far as the media is concerned, there is nothing but expensive drugs. The subject of severe iodine deficiency is censored as tight as a drum ! This is very upsetting to imagine all of those MILLIONS of women out there needlessly suffering. We must all volunteer to do our best to help spread the word about iodine.

Grizz

20. janagram

janagram New Member

thank you so much for your research and for sharing it!