1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Ice Queen

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Rosekelly, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Hey Jan, hello! I am The Ice Queen. Always keeping cool. :cool:

2. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Ocean swim this morning. Ocean swim yesterday. I'm on a roll.

Yesterday I brought my boogie board into the water because I was alone, and I thought it prudent to have a floatation device in case of drowning. I don't know what I was thinking. The board just got in my way. I finally attached it to my wrist and let it be there while I swam around.

Today -- no board, no companion, just me and the ocean. But I was perfectly safe. The waves on this beach are gentle, and there's no riptide or undertow. There's also a long wharf that I stay near, so just in case I find myself being mysteriously pulled out to sea, I can swim to the pier and grab on.

My other fear is sharks. Do sharks attack you when you're so close to shore your feet touch the ground? I don't think so. I swim back and forth, not outwards. Just in case, I googled Santa Cruz shark attacks, and there was one a few years ago on a surfer. But Surfers go farther out than me. Basically, sharks are unlikely to get me.

When I say "swim," I mean I do the sidestroke, a bit of dog-paddling, some backstroke. Today my plan was to do some real swimming, but my face hurt with cold after a few strokes. That's going to take some adapting.

I'm fasting today, drinking only veggie juice made from cruciferous veggies. Started yesterday after my BAB. I usually only eat twice a day, but after that dunk in the ocean, I'm a bit hungry. I think another cup of veggie juice is in order right now in the early afternoon.

3. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

I'm getting to sleep a little earlier lately, around 10 rather than 11 or 12. I love waking at dawn.

After two delicious, solitary ocean swims this weekend, I wasn't able to go Monday or today, but I will for the next three days. It's feeling fine, except for when I get out. Santa Cruz is foggy and cool in the mornings when I swim. Not pleasant to lie out all wet with a breeze blowing. But not nearly as bad as I used to feel when wet and cold. Quite tolerable. I do my best to air dry before changing my clothes and trotting back to my car.

How to clean and condition my hair is a new wrinkle. When I first began ocean swimming, it seemed that it was helping my hair be more smooth and shiny. But not now. Something else must have done that, because after two days of ocean swims in a row, my hair just looked dirty. Rinsing it out didn't make it look smooth and shiny at all, just blah.

So I washed it really well and conditioned it twice. It looks okay, but not great. Maybe this is temporary detoxing, or maybe the ocean just makes my hair dirty and I'm going to have to figure out how to deal with that. Experimentation is in order.

4. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

I saw an otter in today's ocean swim! Just swimming around on his back and rolling around in the water. Damn, otters are cute. He hung around for my whole swim, just saying hi.

I also two swimmers without wetsuits, my first sighting of such strange animals at this beach so far. They were out farther than me, and were seriously swimming the length between the pier and the bluff. When they came back in to the beach, I got a good look at them. They were an older man and woman, looked like a couple, looked like they did this often. Her legs in particular interested me because I wanted to see if someone used to ocean swimming would have nice legs. She did! No loose skin, no cellulite. Smooth from tip to toe.

This is my third day in a row of ocean swims. Tomorrow I'll go back to the SF bay for a dip, then I'll go back to Santa Cruz Sunday, then I'll rest.

I'm fasting today. 48 hours starting yesterday after breakfast. All cruciferous veggies. I'll break the fast tomorrow at 8 a.m. for a welcome BAB.

5. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Down another pound! That makes a total of 36 pounds dropped since the beginning of the year, first using HCG and then LeptinRx and CT. I weigh 193. I look great. And I feel awesome.

I'm doing well with the LeptinRx. I usually eat a 8 oz grass-fed beef patty cooked rare in coconut oil for breakfast, along with a heaping of sauerkraut. No lunch, because I'm never hungry for it. For dinner, I eat fish and swiss chard from my garden.

I'm still sourcing the fish. I tried eating wild mackerel in a can because it's only $2, but man, it is overwhelmingly fishy. And I like fish! I also get the frozen salmon from Trader Joe's, but why is it so tasteless? From one extreme to the other! Last night I had two tins of sardines for dinner. Eh. Gotta work on the fish.

My ocean swims are going great. I'm absolutely addicted to them. They feel incredibly natural and comfortable, like I'm where I'm supposed to be at last. This video maybe explains why? Desmond Morris on the Aquatic Ape: http://youtu.be/mFRYtPQfyCk[/video]][video=youtube_share;mFRYtPQfyCk]http://youtu.be/mFRYtPQfyCk[/video]

6. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

you're doing great Rose! i enjoy reading your journal. keep it up :)

7. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Thanks, Youthfuliz!

8. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

I had my surgery, and everything went beautifully! And I still have my ovaries. Big wow on that!

The doc, who at first resisted my desire to keep my ovaries, ended up understanding me and feeling more like a collaborator than an obstacle. I wrote her an emphatic letter a week before the surgery insisting she not remove my ovaries unless they were clearly diseased, and if so, she should show them to me. Well, she took this very well and in fact became more interested in me as a patient, wanting to merely understand why I was making this choice. I told her. She respected my wishes.

Even better, after the surgery, she said it looked to be a stage one cancer, that there were no obvious signs of spread. They'll test everything they removed, of course. I took her hand and we smiled at each other. I know she appreciates that I am not a passive consumer of health care but am making informed and deliberate choices. She seemed excited by my approach and told me I was tough. True!

I wonder what effect all my ocean CTing had on this. I've certainly had almost no pain at all, but that could be because the surgery was laparoscopic with tiny incisions. I've spot iced a bunch both pre- and post surgery, even had my husband bring my ice pack to the hospital, lol. I got the nurses trained to put it in the freezer and then give it to me again when it froze up. They didn't object.

All in all, the surgical intervention ended up as good as I could have wished for. I believe the cancer is gone. Now it's onward to even greater health. Doc says to not bathe or swim for two weeks, but after that, I'll be back at that ocean.

9. Wow, congrats on the weight loss! I'm glad the surgery went well and best wishes to your continued recovery, keep up the good work!

10. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Wonderful news Rose! I know your recovery will be swift. Just imagine...a few months from now you'll be down to 140 lbs, smooth legs, great muscles, cancer free and loving life!

11. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Great news Rose! Glad it worked out so well for you! :)

12. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Wow!!! What a vision! Thank you, Kathylu. I hadn't quite gotten that far in my plans, but of course you're absolutely on target. :)

13. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

Thanks, Incorky and Youthfuliz. I feel on top of the world. So powerful!

14. Riversedge

Riversedge New Member

Happy to hear you are doing fantastic!

15. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Reading this put a big smile on my face RoseKelly, very happy for you & your continued healing. Look forward to seeing you in the ocean soon!

:D:D:D:D

16. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

I didn't realize it had been so long since my last update here. So the surgery went fine, but the oncologist says I'm at high risk (20-30%) for a recurrence and wants me to do either pelvic radiation or vaginal cuff radiation plus chemo. Nope! Not going to do it. When I had breast cancer eight years ago, they told me the same thing, and that time I followed their suggestions and took the chemo and radiation. This time, I just don't want to.

So I had a consult with Dr. Kruse, who confirmed my suspicions this would not be a pleasant experience. Specifics of the consult are here: http://forum.jackkruse.com/showthread.php?1161-Consultation-Experiences&p=37141&viewfull=1#post37141.

I'm deep into Suzanne Somer's book "Breakthrough," which is really fascinating. My decision to not do chemo and radiation is feeling better and better. I'm really looking forward to getting my hormones balanced. I've had labs done and am waiting for my doc to see them and get back to me. She's already requested what pharmacy I want to use, so this could all happen quickly now. I'm starting to imagine the joy of having abundant energy, libido, and brain power. Wow!

I went to the ocean this morning, did my 30 min swim. Yesterday too. Day before too. Now that I've got the parking figured out, I can breeze into Santa Cruz and be on the beach quickly. Back when I used to exercise a lot, I'd easily spend two hours total going to the gym, including driving, changing, workout, jacuzzi, shower, changing again, and driving home. So now I'm spending the same amount of time doing ocean CT, and it's even better, because I get up so early in the morning and get it out of the way early. Easy peasy. There's the cost of gas, though. Don't like that. But it just inspires me to make more money!

17. KiwiLauren

KiwiLauren Gold

Hurray. You sound full of energy and resolve! I have been wondering if there are others, like you and me, who are dealing with a recent history of cancer. I'd like to connect with you and others for mutual support, BHRT progress, issues related to these protocols, etc.

18. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Rosekelly, glad to hear you are doing so well. I think the 20-30% recurrence chance is with warm-adapted patients on the SAD. The ocean swims sound like part of the perfect solution. Glad you got a chance to talk with Dr. K.

19. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

I had a breakthrough today in clinic. One of my oncologist OK's BHRT for an estrogen positive cancer survivor who has bad bone and need a a spine proceedure done. First time ever.

20. Rosekelly

Rosekelly New Member

That is very exciting, Dr. Kruse! My anti-aging doc said no oncologist in the whole world would okay BHRT for someone with a history of estrogen-positive cancer. Progress!