1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Emotional / Spiritual Roots to Disease

Discussion in 'The Cave' started by PaulG, May 29, 2014.

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Bamboo's are awesome.......no plant grows faster.......they make lots of O2 too.

Victoria B. likes this.
  2. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Neil, your description of the Eastern way is: slow/passive/removed from "reality" "a retreat into quiet disconnected spirituality" That may be how Western society has packaged it for their own consumption but it isn't how much of the Eastern world perceives their practice. Engagement in life is front and centre. Coping with technological high jinks certainly makes a new-age-yoga-breath-deep life style appealing, but Eastern traditions weren't constructed to be a balm for an upper middle class, angst ridden population….they were born in the trenches of life.

I agree that we are going to need all the enlightened engineering that we can get, I'm just not sure about splitting it between Eastern and Western approaches makes sense….that's how we ended up where we are, isn't it??

NeilBB and Josh like this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Josh do not forget this blog on qualia: http://jackkruse.com/cpc-7-obesity-qualia/

Very fun blog to write

Josh likes this.
  4. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Are there any pandas in there?

5. Josh

Josh Gold

Yup...this is really the prelude to OSF4 and 5....could not have said it better myself.....I may send it to my "friend"...

6. Josh

Josh Gold

I have 4 kinds on my tiny property with 5 big pines, a Juniper and a 30 foot Deodar....In India we had a grove of the giant timber that grow to the size of a telephone pole in about 10 days when they are mature....scary the power of water, electromagnetism with a good dose of sunshine...

7. NeilBB

NeilBB New Member

I am no expert on the East for sure and defer to your knowledge and wisdom. Personally, I try to employ techniques of people like Krishnmurti, as you know, who himself was actually probably just as much a Westerner as an Easterner, I'd say. Labels are imperfect and artifical.

And I'm sure Eastern techniques are more comprehensive and practical than commonly portrayed in the biased West. My point was mainly that we need Western science to evolve and step up to the plate and dig us out of the mess it created.

8. Josh

Josh Gold

I have no idea, I just love them.....always have since I saw the first one....Osho used to stop talking in Pune at the ashram when the wind made the grove of 60 foot bamboos behind his podium creak and say that they were "talking" or "giving discourse"....It is utterly irrational to be growing them in the high desert....it is my indulgence.....

9. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Couldn't agree more about the evolving part….

NeilBB likes this.
  10. Is there such a thing as tree/bamboo-hugging in eastern traditions? I mean beside Buda…

11. [quote="it is my indulgence.....[/quote]
    your wisdom

12. bonnes nuits

13. Inger

Inger Silver

lol

Josh likes this.
  14. Inger

Inger Silver

lol......
    you guys always makes me laugh...

Josh likes this.
  15. shoalie

shoalie New Member

Really Love these posts. ~Enlightenment? ~ Do you think the Bamboo knows its unconditionally loved? Do you think most humans feel they are unconditionally loved? We are the ones
    disconnected to move about? Humm.. Don't quite have the proper linguistics to put my feeling into words..

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^collect some more electrons and power them up and you will find the words in Wernicke's area of the brain and Broca's areas will manifest them to the world from your mouth.

Victoria B. likes this.
  17. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

There are ears out here in the world.......awaiting those words and ideas.

Victoria B. and MonteD like this.