1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The drug Phenibut: Cautions to consider? Circadian rhythm?

Discussion in 'Biohacking 101' started by Nicolaj Sølvsten, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Nicolaj Sølvsten

Nicolaj Sølvsten New Member

Any thoughts on the drug Phenibut? Reasons to not take it, and/or reasons to take it?

I figured that Phenibut would be useful for trying to reduce anxiety and ultimately to reduce cortisol levels. I have used it a couple of times and experienced great sedating and calming effect, a really potent and calming experience, however, once I believe I overdosed and it caused me to have severe vomiting and I felt like shit for 2 days. I am wondering if Phenibut is a no go in terms of my health, even if I manage to dose properly?

For example, will Phenibut effect my circ. rhythm? (I am pretty sure it does, but I guess I do not understand why.) I am not quite able to, yet, to think that independently but I am working on that by reading pretty much ALL of the vlogs: 8% covered so far.

I am 19 years old and live in Denmark.

2. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

This is a nootropic supplement that acts as a GABA-B agonist. You take it via your mouth........GABA cannot get into the brain this way therefore it is a marketing game. Don't was your time.

3. Nicolaj Sølvsten

But, according to the product, "The addition of a phenyl ring allows phenibut to cross the blood–brain barrier." furthermore, it states: "blocker of α2δ subunit-containing voltage-gated calcium channels"
    I believe I read something from you somewhere where you explained that you urself used Calcium channel blockers. Is this true? and if so that is why, in addition to the crossing of the blood-brain barrier, I figured this product could be interesting.

4. Sean L.

Sean L. New Member

As addictive as opiates imo. Withdrawals are brutal even after only taking it 1-2 times per week. Massive down regulation of gaba b receptors. Stop while you are ahead ;)

Lahelada likes this.
  5. Josh Rosenthal

Josh Rosenthal Charter member of Purple Angels Club

for the emf laden Blood brain barrier... won't it get in? I'm not espousing it's use, just trying to account for mixed results of those supplements that people use that shouldn't cross BBB.

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

That makes it dangerous........but you could it.......I would not.

7. Nicolaj Sølvsten

I'm not surprised Jack Kruse and I mean that with full respect!, but I am really interested in WHY you wouldn't do it and why I feel like I should not do it when I am under its influence.
    In Russia they use it for medical reasons, just an interesting fact I think.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

If you don't know how a drug works you would risk you quantum computer to it?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Lahelada likes this.
  9. Nicolaj Sølvsten

That is why I started the thread, to learn about the effects. I haven't touched the product in a long time because I am afraid of it.