1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The BTC thread: When you need some answers, love, advice, or friendship......come here.

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 3, 2021.

1. caroline

caroline Moderator

follow Michael Saylor
    Go to his website ....hope.com
    He gives classes in Bitcoin
    watch all his youtube stuff
    You MUST take advantage of the price now
    Pick an exchange and they will walk you through it .....
    I use an Australian exchange but I could help with general stuff - pm me
    Get a couple of books .....I will come back with one that is very easy to get thru.
    Jack talks a lot about bitcoin on his youtube videos.

Just pick an exchange and get started with a small amount - like $100.00 and they will help you

Kari Dunlop likes this.
  2. EWO

EWO Eyes Wide Open

Swan is a good beginner source of information and support. You don't have to do anything, now. But chances are, you will feel better getting off zero and doing something, sooner than later. Whatever your buy in point, it can still go down. If you bought at 40K thinking it was a great buy, then congratulations, you are down almost 50%. If you did that with the proceeds of a house sale, that would be pretty painful, I'd imagine. But try to think in terms of the number of sats you can stack OVER time vs the value of them at x time. Most people who have been through multiple 4 year cycles will tell you that accummulating during the bear market part of the cycle is a wise move.

Kari Dunlop likes this.
  3. Thank you so much, Caroline! I get overwhelmed so easily with so much and I can't tell you how helpful this is :)

caroline likes this.
  4. Thank you @EWO. Most appreciative. I'm all about baby steps over here!

EWO likes this.
  5. Is crypto.com a good exchange?

6. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Personally I would stick with Bitcoin only and use Swan.

https://www.swanbitcoin.com/

7. Many thanks @ND Hauf. I'm in Canada and I'm not sure I'm qualified to play with them. :{

8. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

GavinH and Kari Dunlop like this.
  9. Jason F

Jason F New Member

Check out https://www.bullbitcoin.com (Located in Montreal) to purchase in Canada. They promote (force) self custody and have great tutorials to walk you through the process.

Kari Dunlop likes this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

11. @ND Hauf I was so excited about Swan but unfortunately upon further investigation you need a USD bank account which I'm not able to get. Just an FYI for anyone else.

12. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Hey @Kari Dunlop sorry for assuming you would have means to achieve a US bank account...my bad.

Chalk one up for another use case for Zip Code Matters.....

Kari Dunlop likes this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

14. @caroline @ND Hauf @Jason F
    Just in case there are other Canadians following... I was able to open a USD account here in Canada and use Swan. There is an additional $5 wire transfer fee which wouldn't be the case if I could open a US account stateside but grateful for the option to still use Swan.

I appreciate all of the hand holding!

caroline, GavinH and ND Hauf like this.
  15. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

Some other useful sites. https://armantheparman.com/ https://www.lopp.net/bitcoin-information.html

Also, don't keep your bitcoin on an exchange. Use a wallet, preferably cold storage in a hard wallet like Trezor or Cold Card. The sites I listed explain what this is.

Kari Dunlop likes this.
  16. EWO

EWO Eyes Wide Open