1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The BTC thread: When you need some answers, love, advice, or friendship......come here.

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 3, 2021.

1. JanSz

JanSz Gold

2. JanSz

JanSz Gold

3. In Dr. @Jack Kruse recent post - https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...rinflation-is-close.25623/page-36#post-308799
    He states: "So the real, inflation-adjusted rate is NEGATIVE 3% if you stay in real estate = a negative yielding bond. You get paid to borrow big. So where's the $$ coming from? ... The Fed MBS."

When we look at Federal Open Market Committee's position on Mortgage-Backed Securities sales, we see over the last 22 years interest rates banks have "charged" individuals for mortgage loans.

There has been a a quarter of a percent increase from last week. This maybe driven by the prospect of a faster than expected tightening of monetary policy in response to continued inflation exacerbated by uncertainty in labor and supply chains.
    This rise in mortgage rates so far this year has not yet affected purchase demand, but given the fast pace of home price growth, it will likely dampen demand in the near future.​

upload_2022-1-17_8-9-17.png
    The Federal Open Market Committee's position on Mortgage-Backed Securities sales

upload_2022-1-17_8-17-25.png

So let's think about "monetary policy", increased fiat supply, moderate selling of MBS ->

We know that the FOMC faced a terrible dilemma after the crash of 2008, because they were making a shit ton of money on MBS. Today, we have BlackRock, the Fed retirement system in MBS & China's political decision making Evergrande's project developments illegal. The Fed's position in MBS looks differently vulnerable. So what can they do to save "their ass?"
    Will the "control over" (fill in the blank) work?
    • Reduction of quantitative easing
    • Increase interest rates
    • Manipulate/convince the federal government to implement broader & deeper Price Controls throughout the Supply-Chain
    If you could advice the FOMC, what nob on the control panel would you recommend they turn?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  4. There is nothing the fed can do. Monetary tools are mediocre when times are good and used correctly. We are far past that point. The fed will save us just like the USDA, FDA, CDC, NIH, FBI, DOJ, AMA..........

John Schumacher likes this.
  5. I believe the "Federal Banks" will do just fine.
    MBS have not yield profits like in the years prior to 2008. So when MBS fail, it will be a descent "right-off" when the time comes.
    The "Federal Banks" have already made their money this go around (economic cycle) with the sell of "vaccines" and the grand shift of funds from the tax paying citizens to the billionaires. This was a big fish to catch, and it worked.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2022
  6. Penny

Penny New Member

there is nothing they can do because they are printing $$$ and also buying gov't debt with said $$$ - this does absolutely zero to help the private sector... the only thing they can hope for is that 70% of US $$$ are held by foreigners - since we have never defaulted - and foreign (EU) economies are in even worse shape than we are - this is why the ECB asked Powell to not raise interest rates - money will flow from there to here like a great sucking sound and they know it -

John Schumacher likes this.
  7. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Today is the day that
    my hare and my turtle met

upload_2022-1-19_13-24-11.png

GavinH and John Schumacher like this.
  8. a buying time?

9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

Your guess is as good or better than mine.
    I hold two candles and attempt to keep 5-7 years of thinking time.
    What I have a hard time to understand is how with so much of new money being printed, there still is a chance for a bear.
    It should be nothing but bull and more bull.

bull^2 = hyperinflation

10. Richard Watson

Richard Watson New Member

I am having a rough time trying to use my Nano S that I bought in Dec. I cant get it to work for what ever reason, for the third time today Ive contacted Ledger support, first two times all Ive had back from them is a questioner asking me to rate there service.
    The problem I'm having is - I enter the password - push both buttons - 'bitcoin' comes up - push both buttons for ok and then 'settings' shows. I want to buy right now but cant.

11. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2022-1-19_16-19-24.png

12. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Have you run firmware updates?

13. Richard Watson

yes, Ive clicked on that at the top of the laptop screen, says 'go to manager' that goes onto add password then 'Allow Ledger Manager' - push both buttons which leads to - 'sorry, try again,(connection error)

ND Hauf likes this.
  14. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

I'm terrible at trouble shooting w/o being there live. Do you have a spare? If so you can you set the spare up with your old seed phrase. Just like any technology eventually those little things give out. Always good to have a backup if you are going the self-sovereign route.

A guy by the name of BTC Sessions on YouTube has some good hardware wallet episodes and is legit in the space. Sometimes simply putting your error message into the search box on YouTube something may pop.

Richard Watson and GavinH like this.
  15. Richard Watson

Thats a good idea....

caroline likes this.
  16. Richard Watson

A bloke who goes by the name of Hashoshi on you tube reckons Ledger's servers have been over loaded lately has he has been hearing a lot of people are have problems

caroline likes this.
  17. caroline

caroline Moderator

I am going to buy another wallet. I wonder if I should get a Trezor?

18. caroline

caroline Moderator

Have you got your issues straightened out yet Richard?

Richard Watson likes this.
  19. Richard Watson

No not yet, I think I need a rent a geek using TeamViewer to look at wtf is going on.