1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The BTC thread: When you need some answers, love, advice, or friendship......come here.

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 3, 2021.

1. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

John Schumacher and GavinH like this.
  2. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Greyscale now has more Assets Under Management(AUM) than the SPDR gold.

Note: Total AUM includes their Shit Coin trusts but shows the addressable market thesis is alive and well with GBTC making up the vast majority of Greyscale holdings. If/When GBTC is converted to an ETF I predict it will catapult past SPDR gold simply based on Proshares Futures ETF. The volume of PS ETF is simply off the charts.

If your on the bench you can’t get a hit…..

https://decrypt.co/85798/crypto-firm-grayscale-hits-60-billion-overtaking-top-gold-etf

John Schumacher, GavinH and JanSz like this.
  3. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

GavinH likes this.
  4. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

5. Butters

Butters New Member

So what are you all saying about the actual dip? Is is going down again, though that one can buy more at an even better price? For someone without much money to invest monthly a big question.

6. Butters,
    You will drive yourself crazy and probably miss out if you wait on sidelines for big dips. There are lots of super smart, savvy, experienced investors and even they can't predict where its going. You may want to try "dollar cost averaging", where you buy a set amount every payday or other interval, some time it will be up, sometimes down, but it averages out and you end up being fully invested without too much worry. Do yourself a favor and don't watch and fret about the price on a daily basis. Market timing sounds great but is not practical unless you have psychic powers. Market timers also miss most big up moves. "Buy and hold", in my opinion, is a more sane way to go. Good luck.

caroline likes this.
  7. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Bitcoin wins economically and intellectually.

Be afraid of the solutions presented by big government for the faux “ESG” narrative.

The Fiat system is a construct of the state. Top down….

Bitcoin is a construct of the pleb….bottom up construction.

Bitcoin = Savings Account
    Fiat = Checking Account

Bitcoin = Bifrost to your future self

caroline and GavinH like this.
  8. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

Just buy whenever you can and hold for at least 4 years.

caroline likes this.
  9. JanSz

JanSz Gold

The reasonable length of (average) holding used to be (somewhat) related to the rotation of presidents (Democratic/Republicans).
    Republicans make a pie, Democrats give it away to foreign interests.
    That is how I came with my 5 - 7 years.
    Since now our election machinery is remotely steered and announced results have very little or correlation to voters voting, the holding should be longer, the longer the better.
    Hold and hope for the best.

GavinH, caroline and John Schumacher like this.
  10. Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    GavinH likes this.
  11. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

I think GBTC is a solid choice that is trading at a fairly high discount to current spot price of BTC. I do believe the Greyscale Bitcoin Trust will get converted to an ETF someday. (No idea when "Someday" will come). When it's converted to an ETF the discount should go away and the price of the ETF will be closer pegged to the spot price of Bitcoin.

It is also my belief that we will see a lot of people moving into a GBTC ETF when the conversion happens thus resulting in more supply shock. I think this could be one reason the regulators are dragging their feet on approval of a spot ETF. They understand the wall of money that would flow through this particular onramp.

Bitcoin is an interesting journey.....conviction in the long term health of BTC the Asset + BTC the Network is the smoothest path.

John Schumacher likes this.
  12. @ND Hauf - Thank you for the encouragement :)

ND Hauf likes this.
  13. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Putting these two together in a podcast is my kind of awesome......

Johan Lindstrøm and GavinH like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

upload_2021-11-19_15-3-45.png

GavinH and ND Hauf like this.
  15. Butters

Butters New Member

So I bought some to average my spends. So Bitcoin now has already a high price the gain will be rather slow an low compared to other crypto currencies. When you look at Cardano, Solano or Polkadot one would have had 20x to 200x the investment when you have started in the beginning of 2021 compared to bitcoin with 5x. So for money making other crypto at least where better. Because I have not so much money to invest in crypto, not speaking of accumulating 1 bitcoin, Im thinking about investing in other cryptos with a good prognosis and then take the profits to invest into bitcoin.
    Is that reasonable these times or is the time over since beginning 2021? But based on the information I would say, its not too late. Do you guys have a hint on which cryptos one should look with a potential gain? Should I wait for a potential bear market in 2022?

16. Before investing, you should consider fees and capital gains taxation. This quickly becomes a zero-sum game. Otherwise I will not comment on allcoins. This requires insight into trading and many incentives, technical and owner conditions ....

ND Hauf likes this.
  17. Butters

Butters New Member

You mean before I generally invest or specifically into altcoins?
    I just read BTC#22 in need to think if it is a good time to invest further now. Probably have to read it again and again to understand fully.
    I probably made a lot of beginner investment errors the last buys. Im on my way to get to the predator investor, but need to see if that is still possible during that cycle. Based on the numbers investing now is like investing at the lowest sharpe radio and the bull run should be over soon, according to the diagrams. Because every time the sharpe ratio drops we have a massive bear market. But as the time between halving and the sharpe ratio drop increased in the past, it now could be a little less than 2 years after the halving until sharpe ratio drops so long.
    From halving 2013 to peak prize/sharpe ratio bottom we had 13-14 months.
    From halving 2016 to peak prize/ sharpe ratio bottom we had 16-17 months.
    So from this 2020 halving to peak prize/ sharpe ratio bottom we could have maybe 19-20 months. Which would be at december 2021 to january 2022.

Is there anyone with me or am I completely in the false direction?

JanSz likes this.
  18. DebraGM

DebraGM My Quest for True Health

Alt coins may seem like there’s upside in the short term, but you are gambling with a significant amount of risk. Bitcoin has a far superior risk/benefit ratio. The SEC is going to go after securities. It’s much wiser IMO to buy bitcoin when it dips and Hodl. What seems like small fractions now will compound and make you rich in less than 5 years!

GavinH, John Schumacher and ND Hauf like this.
  19. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

This one hits hard for me.......worth a listen all the way through a few times.

GavinH and JanSz like this.
  20. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Saifedean Ammous wrote The Bitcoin Standard. He has a new book out called the Fiat Standard. He's been one of my favorites in the BTC space for years.

The Fiat Standard | Dr. Saifedean Ammous

You as the Pleb have no say, no control, or no knowledge of future printing/production of your local currency/fiat supply........ when you denominate your life in BTC all said is known. Where will the devaluation be?