1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The BTC thread: When you need some answers, love, advice, or friendship......come here.

Discussion in 'The Kruse Longevity Center' started by Jack Kruse, Jan 3, 2021.

• Mastercard is preparing to announce that any of the thousands of banks and millions of merchants on its payments network can soon integrate crypto into their products, CNBC has learned.
    • That includes bitcoin wallets, credit and debit cards that earn rewards in crypto and enable digital assets to be spent, and loyalty programs where airline or hotel points can be converted into bitcoin.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/25/mas...t-network-can-soon-offer-crypto-services.html

1. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

2. Butters

Butters New Member

So the value in plunging. If I understand the few informations I got so far this will be the last time its plumming before getting to a new all time high because of the halfing. Question is how long its is, because when you have only something like 500 bucks to invest in November this can make a difference.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2021
    caroline likes this.
  3. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

Hope.com - has links to podcasts, books, websites. The Bitcoin Standard is a good book to start with.

4. Butters

Butters New Member

Well its a lot of information. I really dont know where to start, how to buy and when...

5. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

This is a good resource. https://www.lopp.net/bitcoin-information.html When to buy = now. How - depends where you live. Most will buy through an exchange e.g. Swanbitcoin, then transfer to a hard wallet (many options here too). https://www.bitrawr.com/

6. Ronald Waters

Ronald Waters New Member

Set up an account at an exchange, I like crypto.com, but there are many available... Transfer some fiat to your account and BUY. I liked the tree analogy, when is the best time to plant a tree? 10 years ago. When is the second best time? TODAY... Don't ever assume that you have missed out, or that you don't have enough money to make a difference. If, or should I say WHEN, the BTC narrative plays itself out it will only take a small amount to separate oneself from the masses...

7. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Why do you need BTC? Because global debt slows growth = recession that will devolve into a deflationary spiral.
    [​IMG]

8. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

GavinH likes this.
  9. ND Hauf

ND Hauf Pleb

Why do you need Bitcoin?…?.?

Because shit like this is starting to show up on receipts.

Recipt from a Sherwin Williams paint store in Montana this past week. Note Montana does not have sales tax.

upload_2021-11-1_22-25-35.png

Sean Waters, JanSz and caroline like this.
  10. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Many in Clubhouse don't get the progression at the end of debt cycles: initial inflation, possible hyperinflation, rapid deflationary spiral if hyperinflation happens. Timing matters in debt cycles.

Dave Key, Sean Waters and ND Hauf like this.
  11. caroline

caroline Moderator

Today - Price of diesel in our town in Oz .....$1.70 Litre

Sean Waters likes this.
  12. JanSz

JanSz Gold

13. Dr. @Jack Kruse, thank you for your post https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...rinflation-is-close.25623/page-31#post-305651

My question is: why do US econ journalists think the CCP is motivated in similar ways as "we" are?

If "Billionaire Capitalists go to hell", the CCP will “shore up the flooded rivers of debt” for its peasants while blaming capitalism and its influence.

As the Chinese financial expert stated, “the situation is stable”.

Deception
    is a CCP virtue. It is one of the greatest attributes of their gods.

It is pathetic to think President Xi Jinping’s “Common Prosperity” campaign is about “starting private businesses.” According to Bloomberg, “The Zhejiang plan wants to raise incomes through private sector investment in poorer areas, and to encourage rural residents to start their own businesses.” <- I think Bloomberg has it wrong - again.

When in hell will the CCP give up Top Down control?

President Xi Jinping will not expand economic plans, but reduce income “inequality” thru re-education camp training centers within urban cities to reduce the wage costs of manufacturing.

When the property giants bankrupt, the CCP will rent out unfinished apartments: 10 peasants per room.

upload_2021-11-2_10-11-25.png
    This peasant just harvested all he had.

China's peasant rural population is a half a billion. A great source of cheap labor.

They will own nothing and will be happy to have a job.

I know most individuals on this site have never lived under a freeway overpass. When you can not provide for yourself, life gets desperate.

May I ask: When you invest in BitCoin, think about how this investment maybe more about creating an economy for the unfortunate, rather than your own personal gain.

I vote with my few BitCoin...

Last edited: Nov 2, 2021
    GavinH, Matt Fowler and JanSz like this.
  14. JanSz

JanSz Gold

There are jobs and there are jobs. You do not have to owe much to have a good life.
    Many union jobs are such jobs now, (everywhere).

My uncle had a job on a railroad (in Poland).
    (The whole life) he was painting letters on railroad cars, (newer rushing anywhere).
    The job came with a home with a decent size garden (for the life of him and his wife).
    Wages and latter pension paid either weekly or biweekly).
    Newer worried about being laid off.
    Medical everything covered. Railroad tickets to anywhere.
    That weekly pension was a Godsend.
    At the late, my aunt was spending everything in the first couple of days, not because she had to but to prove that she had money.

15. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

16. Dan2

Dan2 Pedantic schlub

(I haven't read the whole thread so sorry if this question has been answered already.)

About my paranoia and hope about investing in Bitcoin... Let's say I have $5 million and I'm considering whether to keep it as USD or invest in Bitcoin. ($5M being not enough for the federal government to feel sorry for me if I lose it for the right reasons, but it's enough that if I invest most of it in Bitcoin and lose it I'd feel irresponsible.)

Without assuming what kind of computer tech the deep state has that's not publicly available and that the existence of someone would be in trouble for if they try to make it public information, and so assuming only publicly available computer tech can be considered as ways Bitcoin value could be manipulated, and assuming computer tech that easily makes Bitcoin's design insecure doesn't become publicly available within let's say the next five years, then (without assuming about other ways the people who maintain Bitcoin's popularity could be affected)...

Why do the US federal government and intelligence agencies of first world countries want Bitcoin to succeed?

17. GavinH

GavinH Gavin Horner

Why would you keep it in USD? Inflation will eat it. What real alternatives to bitcoin are there? Listen to some Michael Saylor interviews/podcasts. Read the thread. Also read the Clubhouse Thesis thread. You need to do your own research and learn as much as you can. There are plenty of resources out there. hope.com has links to Michael Saylor and other resources.

caroline, Dan2, JanSz and 1 other person like this.
  18. JanSz

JanSz Gold

I am 81+yo. Both of my children have homes down the street from me.
    I do not travel much. Plan to stay in my place.
    Have a GF 20 years my junior. I call her my Guardian Angel.
    When I pass, she will stay in the home, my children will care for her needs.

5mill/30=166666.7
    5*166666.7=833333.3
    7*166666.=1166667

Including taxes, you can spend (indefinitely) 160k yearly
    cash in the checking account (800k to 1.2 mill)
    The rest are in SPY and GBTC, half and half.
    If indeed Bitcoin will go up as we are all expecting that 160k should raise to.

I do taxes using TurboTax.
    Last year I was asked if I have anything in Bitcoin.
    Expect all kinds of tax increases and new taxes.
    It is good to have money to pay taxes.
    My dad, the farmer in communist Poland, had to pay taxes (not as money but as a product) but he did not have the product.
    Still could be worst.
    In Communist Russia, he would have been sent to Siberia for hard labor. A one-way trip.

Dan2 and John Schumacher like this.