1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The blogs and a changing journey ...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

We are actually thinking the same things but saying it differently. Studies say it protects against UV. I venture that it makes the skin more receptive to UV, facilitates absorption and storage. If I am wrong I still get supple skin in the process. I still use an Epsom salt water Ritz though for the sulphur part of the equation.
    Palms are growing here so no mismatch.

2. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I explained badly. My view is that the studies that show red palm oil as UV protective are working from the premise that UV needs to be avoided . Turning this around /reading from left to right, seeing UV as good it may be preparing the skin surface for optimal UV absorption instead.

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Early morning CT in the rain yesterday, nicotine spray up right nostril and then facial tanner and IR and red light ..... I've been rereading the book Better Sight Without Glasses by Harry Benjamin, (a version of the Bates Method) first published in 1929. Although the interpretation of why it works was different, it was interesting that the treatment includes sunshine, splashing the eyes with cold water, blinking a lot... . But one suggestion was to check that the muscles at the back of the neck were relaxed and no spinal defects. So I had an appointment with my massage therapist friend yesterday who did my back shoulders and neck, took out loads of knots from the left hand side, definitely inflammation in the muscles, and then she did my face. Gave me some facial pressure point stuff to continue at home.

I was thinking yesterday that I'd lost some weight, it hasn't been important since I lost the sight in my right eye, but I had bought some shorts 18 months ago without trying them on and couldn't get them up over my thighs at all. Yesterday I tried them again, too tight to wear for long but got them on and buttoned easily.

nicld likes this.
  4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Update - I left a bit of the oil in the cup for 24 hours, still no fishy smell. Checked again at 48 hours and by that time there was a delicate fishy smell. Not yukky but definitely there.

Lahelada likes this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

There was a write up on this device http://noctura.com/ in the UK press .... I'm not sure what the technology strapped round my head for up to 8 hours is going to be doing :eek:.... and I'm wondering whether it not affecting sleep just means the quantity of sleep, rather than also the quality of sleep .... then there's the long term of not allowing the rods to act naturally .. lots of unknowns .... but interesting about the green light .....

Bought a vertical tanning panel .... collecting tonight. May switch out a couple of the UVs for red .... Need to research it a bit more ..... but having a week away at the end of the month, and DH has also booked a week in Marrakesh at the end of December for the light ..... My eye is getting more and more expensive ... :eek:Need to work out what to do between the 2 trips to keep up the quantum yield momentum .....

7. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sue ,if you are not already,think about reflective surfaces.

Sue-UK likes this.
  8. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

I looked at the noctura. They are very cagey about saying what the light frequency is but it seems to me that the 400 suffix hints at UV.
    My gut is often wrong,after all it prefers chocolate over fish ,but I would not want this that close to my eyes. For more UV I would prefer the Quantlet approach. More democratic,UV for all.
    No,I have not become the southern hemisphere sales rep for the quantlet. Hang on that's an idea..
    I would ask about the noctura separately in a post as you are Gold. While I don't like the smell of it,it is an interesting turnaround in viewpoint of the industry.

9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Went to pick up the sunbed and was given 2 sets of goggles with green lenses..... On the way home talking to DH about it saw a driving school car called Starfish Driving ..

Had the thought that perhaps the noctura is a UV device and the colour is a red green herring. :D

10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Have used the vertical tanner for 4 days now, not going pink, a gentle "dose". I know its not ideal, but I need to do something .... Using it with an IR and red light, and after either CT or a cold shower, and I open a window wide to let in the cool air. Drinking water, and moving around in front of it, exercising, have used some hand weights, done stretching etc, because I want to, inner doctor thoughts .... I've used the goggles when facing the tubes, but taken them off when my back is to them. At the end I move much further away and then face the tubes and let the uv onto my closed eyelids, or do some rapid blinking. I've also used the nicotine nasal spray a couple of times, gets my eyes watering ...

Feel like I need a siesta after lunch .... and without it I'm more tired earlier, when the blue blockers go on in the early evening. But its a nice tired .... Used red light on my eyes and wrists still before I go to sleep. Dreaming well ..... wake feeling refreshed. Dropped to 2 meals easily, usually a small lunch and moderate meal in the early evening. Want sardines rather than mackerel ..... more like what would be my summer choice.

Read Time 1 for the first time this morning ...its come just when I need it.... :cool: going to review what I'm doing in the light of that blog ....

11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

On another thread Jack wrote
    Perhaps the noctura being green isn't such a green herring for the eye camera....But is there another wavelength hidden in there ... I found my old bioptron spec and it starts at 400 .....

Last couple of days I've had a cold shower, used the UV tanner and then done CT afterwards. I've upped the water but woke at 3 this morning really thirsty with dry eyes. Drank a big jug full of water, splashed my eyes with water, then went straight back to sleep. In general though think they are improving, no cobweb any more ..... but Time 1 has me wondering if a "tonic" session with the UV tanner at night with red and drinking lots of water would give me enough "charge" to get through the night without waking with dry eyes. My other thought was a cold humidifier ....

12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Weather is dismal ... I upped the time in front of the tanner this morning, used the nicotine nasal spray to get my eyes really wet and then let the UV hit my closed eyelids and then did some rapid blinking ... When the tanner is on my back I face the bioptron pro. Hopefully I'm harvesting ....

I'm heading for the sun at the end of next week, have just ordered a load of tan through clothes, ordered a couple of pieces which came yesterday so I could see what it was like and then I placed a big order today (end of season sale is on:D).. I've got a few pieces to wear as underwear or on the beach, and then some bits I can put on top when I need to be dressed. Although I'm taking them on holiday, I'm getting ready for some added light harvesting during the UK spring and summer .... :cool:

13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Time 2 is really going to be a mind bender then.........

14. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

My highlighter pen has been working on overdrive..... Love this blog ....

Maybe a daft question but if meditation releases bio-photons which result in activation of telomerase to regenerate time ....and with the difference in time emergence between the head and feet, and MT's in the brain defying gravity in the right circumstances .... is this the quantum reason underpinning the practice of inverted yoga poses ....?

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Maybe.........but let me give you a real life example of how environment dictates time.

Now that you have learned about gravitational lensing today and how it affects light, does anyone want to solve why astronauts eyes get ruined in space due to refractive and accommodation errors? Might it be that space dictates the eye can and cannot sense when under the influence of an "alien sun" 24/7? This environment affects the size and shape of the globe, lens and retina to give you a new reality of symptoms. Might is be why astronauts get pseudo tumor like eye findings? You bet your ass it does, you environment creates the reality you get.

16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

^^^this is why what you get in the UK will never equal what I get in NOLA...............

People are missing this nuance. Time is a function of how light can interact in us.

In space light is way more powerful form of bi directional plasma loaded with highest energy protons and electrons that are tearing apart the proteins of the eye clock..............and killing astronauts ability to live. NASA does not see what I do...............This is a microcosm of what is occurring on Earth but on earth it is happening slower because the energies are lower but the light signal is consistent and it is blue all day and night.

17. Penny

Penny New Member

This is why that red light at night is so helpful as is earthing - it slows down the constant vibrations which are way more acute than our biology was designed for...

18. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've changed the environment my quantum dots are sensing ....:confused:

Don't think tan through was designed for the UK winter,:D but I walked over to the well a couple of times in a tan through sleeveless top and some shorts .. Blue skies and sun but very cold strong wind .... DH and DS went out so I opened all the doors and let the cold wind in while I did some chores, and regularly went out to take a light break ..... Thinking I'm going to use tan through outside and indoors if its natural light, and conventional clothes under artificial light ...

19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Temperature down to 5c this morning, ct water was 1.8c. Followed it with uv tanner, with red and IR light pointing at the reflectors behind the uv tubes, and the bioptron pro. Nicotine nasal spray gets the eyes watering, didn't use goggles, kept my eyes shut except for some rapid blinking, and then shielded my eyes with my hands, palms towards the tanner. Did the same yesterday, CT water at 2c. Then I go outside and ground, wearing tan through clothing. Energy levels much better, and I think my eye is improving. One thing I noticed was that I wasn't shivering after the CT until I put the UV on ....then it's not a nasty shiver, it's more like the muscles are responding to the UV rather than the cold.

I'm going to try bouncing the NIR and red light off the reflector in the dark tonight with the tanner off, to bathe my skin, and put the bioptron portable red through my wrists.

20. Cpt.Tired

Cpt.Tired New Member

Good work Sue!