1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The blogs and a changing journey ...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

After reading the posts on nicotine, I bought a packet of 2mg gum and was reading through the leaflet, dithering a bit TBH, and it said that a very rare side effect was that when you stop smoking you may also develop mouth ulcers, the reason why this happens is unknown. I'm giving the gum a try because I used to be plagued by mouth ulcers when I was stressed (going through divorce etc etc). It started off as singles, but at my lowest point I had so many I couldn't eat for several days and was just taking liquid through a straw .... :eek: So are mouth ulcers related to a loss of DC current in the brain? Anyway, remembering that I've decided it's worth seeing if the dots connect .....

2. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Interesting. DH had mouth ulcers after quitting also. He found that avoiding peanuts helped, for him. Nitrogen?

3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've never smoked, but I'm wondering if the stress I was under finally pushed me into an acute pellagra like state, the most easily visible and painful sign being mouth ulceration. Perhaps smokers are able to convert at least some of the nicotine into niacin, despite the drawbacks of smoking, and quitting then exposes an underlying condition?

Neil posted some info about nicotine, oxygen and UV converting to niacin. (I'm interested in Biological Transmutations....) Maybe niacin plus water plus IR = next metabolic response. This had me thinking about mushrooms, a source of niacin.... commercially grown in the dark, but put in the sunshine for an hour they make vitamin D .... which maybe a UV signal to the gut and beyond, perhaps using DHA ...? Peanuts have niacin, but are a legume .... no UV signal ? ... no vitamin D signal? No active enzymes? In the presence of dehydration/microbiome problems/inflammation/lack of DHA .....? It would almost make sense for the inner doctor to produce a signal in the mouth that says don't eat this ......:eek:

4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I moved back to my old house on Monday, (it was supposed to have been on the market a year ago but the universe had other ideas ....:D) But the short notice (last Friday) meant we had to get it ready to move in, move everything in, and clear and clean where we were living by Tuesday night, ready for new tenants on Wednesday morning, juggling work commitments, and we hit the hottest weather so far this year. Using nicotine gum helped ......I didn't become overwhelmed with the decision making, I was focused .... It kept my energy levels going .... But the most interesting thing was how it changed my perception of an existing situation. This is a house that a year ago I was desperate to leave, it overwhelmed me, the garden was too much work using energy I didn't have. But in the year we've not been living there the grass has been regularly cut but otherwise its been left to nature, and I wandered around it chewing a piece gum, and with new eyes I could see that we can keep about two thirds of the plot more like woodland than a domestic garden. The hedges and bushes are so overgrown there are now several little very secluded sunny spots for sunbathing, plus one of the trees provides perfect shade in the heat of the day. Stretched out belly grounding in the sun this morning reading a print out of ubi 18, in one of the clearings of my very mini woodland. :cool:I've found a good spot for the CT bath, having to use tap water at the moment but will shortly be re-opening the old well. (Part of the tenancy deal was that as we were moving out at short notice, I can go over whenever I want to get my well water for drinking until our well is re-opened). :)

SeaHorse and nonchalant like this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

All the new stuff on UV reminds me of the senses thread:) love love love getting back to UV :cool:.

SeaHorse likes this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I'm rereading Roeland van Wijk's light in shaping life to try and get up to speed ..... I was interested in the experiments, whereby after illumination of the eye, mitogenic radiation was present not only at the optic nerves, but also the optic lobes, hemispheres, and medulla oblongata. The radiation was absent when the eyes were not exposed to light, which had me thinking about night time .... But yesterday morning I tried sitting in the CT bath with my sleep mask on, and also did a sunbathing session wearing it too. Also used nicotine gum. In the bath it seemed to amplify cold dark and boring, in the sun it was as if by blocking the eyes, I could "see" the sunshine information as it came and went as a cloud covered the sun. I also tried laying with my body in the sun, but my head in the shade wearing the sleep mask. Really relaxing ..:)

7. Jude

Jude Gold

Regarding ""that'' book. :rolleyes:

How about doing a review of each chapter for us?:):):);):D
    JK recommended same but budget just doesn't allow for 99$ + PP of 30!
    As a starter:confused:..........really would like to know if the uv light (am & pm) during winter has the same effect on capillary blood as in summer?????
    Perhaps you already know the answer:)?

8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think I do ..... but before making a twit of myself :DI'll think about it some more and try and find a reference ...

I bought the book because I've been waiting for it a loooooooong time ..... I've collected books on light and colour therapy for years. Spent a lot more than this book costs ..... :eek:and never found what I was looking for, or enough detail, or else I simply couldn't connect the dots in the right way .... So I'm keeping a few but have sold the rest on e bay. :D

Jude likes this.
  9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

selling old books is like selling your best ideas or observations..........their words are uploaded into your eye.........then you use them to create. Imagination is more than vision, it is an interpretation of observation. Humans see but observe poorly. To acquire knowledge, we study; to acquire wisdom, we must observe carefully. Stop trusting your general impressions and concentrate upon natures details today. Don't sell those books until you have used all their words to create something new for you.

10. SeaHorse

SeaHorse Gold

Sue, I bought Modern Actinotherapy and OpenMind/WholeMind after reading your posts...great books both of them (in different ways). Have you read Victoria Finley's Colour: Travels Through the Paintbox ? More of a cultural, historical, artistic journey but with loads of interesting information. In the context of colour, as we are learning here, it becomes even more interesting.

Also, another favourite book I read this past winter, The End of Night: Searching for Darkness in an Age of Artificial Light, by Paul Bogard.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2015
    Sue-UK likes this.
  11. Jude

Jude Gold

Oh goody!!!
    One door shuts and another door opens...
    Looking forward to your review:)

12. jackware

jackware Kama'aina

I find it very hard to sell any of my books. Going to have to ship them on a pallet when I move to Hawaii. Oh well.

13. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

A year ago I needed more than a pallet….:confused:I was a book hoarder ….I think there was a point where there were so many books (on a lot of subjects) that it felt like my head would explode… Some had to leave in order to make room for something better ……when I left the house last year and moved into the mobile homes I decided it was time to make choices as to which books needed to be pruned ….. Getting the house ready for sale meant removing bookcases from most rooms, as my collection had grown another book case went up, and then boxes all over the place. Courtesy of a good second hand book shop in the next town, I had 2 or 3 copies of some books (so I could lend the interesting ones without lending my own copy, now I think if you are interested enough buy your own copy……). It was such a problem that as I gradually went through them (I still haven’t finished:oops:) and let some of them go, I found important ones I had forgotten I had …. In previous years at my most depressed I would go to the book shop and buy interesting books, trying to find answers, (at least I wasn’t stuffing my face ….:D.) so some of the books represent what drew me in a depressed state.…..

14. Jude

Jude Gold

I resonate with this^^^^^^
    Have a family of book hoarders and a large storage room with boxes of books! All waiting for a bookcase in a future home. Trouble is, the boxes still manage to land here to wait!
    Just recently found 2 beaut books I'd forgotten I'd bought... so.. not needing any excuses to help mend my # elbow via grounding & sunbaking, I've had a great time.

fitness@home likes this.
  15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I had a rummage through a room we hadn't managed to sort out in the last year (didn't need much work done on it in order to sell so it got left ...) and I found a book I've been wondering about for months. I knew I had another book on Actinotherapy somewhere .... Anyway it is Actinotherapy Technique, H Gauvain. I've got the seventh edition from 1949 (first published in 1933). It lists the treatments for a number of conditions, (but it was in a completely different world then .....) but for migraine for example

"The only form of biophysical treatment I have found really valuable is the ultra-violet ray full body bath given twice or trice weekly" (Humphris).

"Excellent results are obtained from actinotherapy by combined luminous heat and ultra violet radiation. The attacks decrease in intensity and frequency, and finally cease. Relapse may occur after some months; repetition of the course is then again effective.
    Technique. Alpine Sun and Sollux lamps in combination, general body baths, 2nd degree erythema doses, continued on lines of Therapeutic Course."

I shall try and keep up the nude sunbathing .... at least twice or thrice weekly. :D

Jude likes this.
  16. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I found a couple more interesting books, one was The forgetting by David Shenk, about Alzheimer's, including some history on the research. I hadn't read it before but it was time I did, as this week I've had to start the process of a formal diagnosis for mum. She thinks she is ok because she isn't wandering off like her mum did, but when I compare her mental state now to what it was 6 months ago, the time has come to prepare for the next stage.....:( The first appointment is with me, so I can tell the doc my concerns, so I've been writing down notes on the deterioration. Pretty depressing but its brought up some interesting conversations with DH about my next bio hacking ideas .....:cool:

The book's talk of prions and Prusiner led me back to the OSF 4 and 5 blogs, and I'm still trying to extract every tiny bit of juice - don't want to miss anything. :D This led me intuitively to picking up a book Cell, Tissue and Disease, the Basis of Pathology by Neville Woolf. It's the second edition 1986 ( first edition was 1977). I looked up prion in the index, and found an interesting nugget in relation to UV light. It says the agents responsible for the spongiform encephalopathies ..... Resist heat (90c), fails to elicit an antibody response in the disease situation..... Resists UV light .....but that if chlorpromazine is added to the infective preparation, UV radiation reduces infectivity.

Back to the blogs .....:)

17. Lahelada

Lahelada New Member

Sorry to hear about your Mum . Hope you find a way to slow things down .

Sue-UK likes this.
  18. Jude

Jude Gold

Sue-UK and Lahelada like this.
  19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Really interesting, thanks for that. :). Had mum over for lunch on sunday and after dropping her home went to see FIL in the nursing home. A different dementia ...found him in someone else's bathroom, and he thought we'd come to take him home. If we weren't there to take him home to his house we might as well piss off ....:confused:

On our own house front, I've seen it through different eyes, and am going to make the best of it. Yes it is too big, but we've given DS 2 rooms, one for his stuff, and the other is a no technology sleep zone. The wifi goes off on timer (DH sorted that out without my asking .....:))and we aren't picking up the neighbours wifis :) I've put double curtains up in the bedroom to create a really dark room. DH is working on how I can safely ground overnight, I've read out paragraphs of OSF 4 and 5 and he gets that my (and his) longer term chances of avoiding what our parents have got depend on the quality of our sleep ....

Jude likes this.
  20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

FIL had a fall and ended up in hospital, turns out he has a temporal lobe meningioma, and signs of vascular dementia, not got much more info on the prognosis but it possibly accounts for a lot of his recent behaviour. He's gone on anti seizure meds to add to the end stage CHF meds ..... The CT scan and the 2 MRI's over the past couple of days seem to have tipped him over the edge, when we saw him yesterday he seemed to have lost 10 years of memories ...

Yesterday I spent some time printing out the blogs by series. I have quite a few printed out, but went through several of the series, printing out ones I was missing and putting each series in a separate folder. Great to pick up and take on hospital visits, I can sit and read if he is asleep, or away having tests, or - like yesterday - if we have to take a break to get away from his ranting at us :confused:. We did that yesterday and when we came back it was as if the previous rant hadn't happened at all.

Last night I got to bed pretty early, and for the first time used a grounding strap attached to a grounding rod outside. I slept for about 7 hours, and then in the early morning got up and just wandered about outside for a while drinking lots of water before climbing into the CT bath, the water was 14C and the air temp 11C. Just sat there, chewed some gum, and then got out and stood in the first unshaded area to catch the early morning light. Had breakfast outside, and then (first good weather for a couple of weeks:)) sunbathed for a couple of hours reading the Quantum Biology series. I don't know how I missed it, I had none printed before but I love that series ....:DQB 11 brought tears to my eyes .... I realised my FIL is in a different goldfish bowl .... but from losing his mental function, not by an ability to change his mind and open up a different reality. Its like he is reconstructing his reality based on what he believes to be true, but his frame of reference is now from a time long gone ...He gets angry because he knows he is right and everyone else is wrong ... He has never accepted his end stage CHF diagnosis, he has so far outlived his prognosis by months .....Even with the new diagnosis, it isn't going to be about a statistic in evidence based medicine, it will be about the laws of nature, governed by quantum principles ... But I think QB 11 and the goldfish bowl analogy will help DH and I manage our interactions with him much better, I definitely feel less stressed about how we are going to navigate this next stage .... A brilliant blog at just the right time ... something quantum in that too...... :D:cool: