1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The blogs and a changing journey ...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

If the lungs are innervated by the vagus nerve, does photon interaction at the lung surface when it should be dark, have a similar effect to eating post sunset? :confused:

2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think this by Tina Karu is interesting ..... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3643261/ Is It Time to Consider Photobiomodulation As a Drug Equivalent? The stem cells from adipose tissue and 810 nm and 532 nm (green) is interesting, particularly as the dominant frequency as dawn and dusk is green, and NIR is present.. Gotta love my fat cells... :D

Sheddie likes this.
  3. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

So new year new opportunities :) Instead of putting money into a pension fund, for the last 18 years I've put it into buying a 2 bed first floor flat in a 4 flat complex in our town, and renting it out. The current tenant is moving out mid Feb, so the plan is to sell our current home, after moving back into the 2 mobile homes we lived in a couple of years ago. We were living there so that we could get our current house ready for sale, but my FIL and then my mum's health made it difficult, and in the longer term I needed more space for 2 adult children still in full time education. It wasn't possible to get the house ready, and there wasn't much point in living in the mobile homes when we were still paying the overheads of the house ..... so it all went on the back burner. But a year after Mum died, and then the tenant moving out means that we can rethink it .... Last time we were going to do some remodelling of the bathroom and kitchen before selling, but now we're going to sell it as is .... When DS1 was moving he had a brand new kitchen installed to help the sale ..... and the buyers ripped it straight out, wanted something different .... so we've rethought our earlier decision.

Keeping a 5 bedroom bungalow with a large garden is too much, and I liked the mobile homes (in summer at least - haven't tried a winter ....) But with the overheads of the flat going to be much less than my current house ... I'll be able to go to the sun for longer in the winter anyway ... ...Using the flat means that our 2 adult children in education have somewhere to go over the summer and any holidays, space to meet friends etc and when they are not home we have somewhere to go if we want a night out in town without having to drive home etc ....

The change from living in the mobile homes last time is that we are going to turn one into a day area, using the double bedroom as an office, and the second twin bedroom as an extension of the kitchen for food storage, perhaps a small freezer etc. The second home sitting room will be a bedroom, one bedroom can take my light therapy equipment, 2 for storage, and things like the washing machine and dishwasher can go in this mobile home to be used in the daytime, but it can have the breaker switched off overnight. And with the kids in the flat, we don't need wifi at all ....and they can do their own washing and cooking, :D and won't be moaning about my not wanting to have meals after sunset ....:cool: Its near my well water, and my CT tubs can go back out the same as before. Since I last lived there the decking has been done, which has linked the 2 homes better, and I shouldn't fall down the steps again ..... :rolleyes: As the homes are nearer the neighbours, although its still a reasonable distance, the next job is to go over with my meters to recheck the environment ....but at least we've got the makings of a plan .......:D

Phosphene and caroline like this.
  4. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I can't say I handled the nnemf etc of Amsterdam and Utrecht with ease :rolleyes: but I did seem to recover afterwards quite quickly. Just picked up where I left off when I got back. Considering the seemingly constant rain, and low light levels generally, I've been relying on my 10 hours plus of darkness and cold dark and boring at night to help over the winter... that and some deuterium depletion seemed to finally kick something off. I've reached better hydration, particularly at night, no pilot light flares waking me up, lots of dreaming etc ... I thought I'd been losing fat, especially belly fat, but finally weighed myself this morning .... :eek: 8 pounds down. :cool: I'm going back to Fuerteventura next week for a 10 day sun battery charge. Will see what a 3 day longer rinse and repeat of the last trip does now. :)

caroline, Jude, drezy and 1 other person like this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The salt thread is interesting. https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ht-world-deuterium-fractions-will-rise.20745/

After watching the video I bought the book, and a few dots started to connect, which is why I weighed myself before starting a salt hack. This quote on the thread from Jack connected some more dots :

"The antagonistic pleiotropy (AP) theory posits that aging occurs because alleles that are detrimental in older organisms are beneficial to growth early in life and thus are maintained in populations. Although genes of the insulin signaling pathway likely participate in AP, the insulin‐regulated cellular correlates of AP have not been identified." Answer: young humans before full myelination in brain need deuterium to complete growth but once myelination is complete then mitochondria need to deuterium deplete to control growth and metabolism pathways into adult life. This is the control for the insulin signaling systems. The proxy for the system is salinity measures. As deuterium fractions in tissues rise as we age salinity measures lower. This is why those with insulin resistance have high BUN/creat ratios and why they are more apt to have SIADH, HTN. Na brings Vitamin C into the brain for TCA cycle protons recycling to lower the KIE of deuterium in TCA intermediates as we age to control volume changes in the matrix.. This is why SIADH is associated with cognitive decline in TBI and aging. Na also brings calcium into bone in cases of osteopenia. Low Na = low Ca and Mg = mitochondrial dysfunction. Low salinity in CSF and the body is a feature of all nnEMF exposure in environments. The higher nnEMF in your environment the lower salinity becomes in blod and CSF and lower salinity = sleep disorders. Most people with high insulin levels have sleep apnea due to deuterium rise. BUN rises as salinity decreases because deuterium fractions are increasing. Salt helps cool our body because it augments skin vasodilation ( like UVA light does). As man made blue light exposure of skin rises, dopamine creation in the eye and brain drop and our salinity in CSF drops and obesity manifests easier due to deuterium content in the choroid of the eye and the skin and subcutaneous fat mass due to melanopsin. The TRP receptors of melanopsin are affected negatively by deuteration by altered salinity. All makes sense Raymund when you understand bio-physics of the KIE of deuterium. Most don't. Most have no clue why PUFA's in fake fats are bad........they increase proton leakage in mito and allows more deuterium in matrix. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5418193/

I’ve made some ghee (500g unsalted butter) and when I strained it I put in 2 tablespoons of Cornish Sea Salt and Hebridean seaweed sprinkle mix (it’s a 50/50 mix), stirred it through and then restirred again just as it was setting. (Once its run out I’ll use 1 tablespoon each of Redmond sea salt and some seaweed sprinkles). A dollop stirred into cooked green veg is yum ….. I’ve also made up a batch just with 1 tbsp sea salt (salted caramel taste – yum) and I’m going to make a pudding with raw egg yolks, maybe a bit of thick clotted cream, cinnamon … just play with the recipe. I’m also putting some Redmond sea salt on my tongue before drinking my once freeze well water with a slice of lemon in it. (Sodium, vit C, brain hopefully!)

Deuterium notes: I don’t think the breathy test would tell me the heteroplasmy rate of (for example) my liver …. So I’m not testing, or buying commercial DDW. I would be too tempted to use the expensive deuterium depleting option of commercial DDW as an excuse not to maximise what costs me little or nothing ….. I might be tempted to have my deuterium loaded cake and eat it too, :oops: thinking I could offset it with low ppm DDW.
    But I think theoretically, and in a low nnemf environment, it could be done without commercial DDW, provided no Warburg shift has already occurred (that would be a whole different ballgame for me). My aim is to work on reducing intake, and work on redox so that I improve the deuterium depleting detox pathways (sweat, bile, urine, breath and sexual fluids etc) naturally. On my list so far is:
    Avoiding nnemfs, artificial light, blue blocking etc
    Seasonal Epi Paleo diet (reducing/excluding intake of high deuterium foods)
    Aim for water lower than 150 ppm
    CT (depletes deuterium)
    Sunshine
    Sleep, particularly REM. Cold, dark and boring, 10 hours min complete darkness

Now added in the salt hack for getting ready for a 4 hour flight and the 10 days I’m in Fuerteventura. Dipping in the sea and then sunbathing always makes me feel great, but I’ve been wondering if one reason it feels so good because of the salt. Does the salt on my skin from the water help me absorb the light, and would having low skin salt storage affect how much light I can absorb in the UK? (Sea salt in the CT tub?)
    I thought I was eating enough salt, but after a couple of days of upping it, I bought some Roquefort cheese which is 3.2g of salt per 100g. Normally I would have to hold myself back from eating the 150g pack, but this time a 30g ish piece was plenty. Hmmmm… :)

caroline likes this.
  6. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Fuerteventura was a good break, but unfortunately a lot of rain and strong winds. :rolleyes: Had a good view of the sea, but the sunrise was only visible once because of clouds on the horizon each day. My black bin liner wasn't needed as a blackout curtain, but it did come in useful on the beach. If the heavens opened I just stuffed all our belongings into it to keep dry, and got into the sea, and got out when the clouds passed over and we got a bit of warmth. I became a cloud watcher to see there was black clouds coming, with some blue sky behind it so I could plan my next move, or whether the bad weather was going to go on for long time and we were better off going for shelter. The sea was very rough and I'm a poor swimmer so I did walks along the beach with the sea up to my thighs to exercise, only got caught a few times by a wave that went over my head, or knocked me clean off my feet .... I had to switch between being a cloud watcher and a wave watcher ..... but my awareness increased as the days went past. Never enough heat to sweat, but the temperature contrast between the cold of the sea and getting out when the sun did appear was enough to bring my blood to the surface for a bit of light harvesting ..... and I still got more UV in a couple of days than I've had since I last went in November. I'd printed out https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/jpa/19/5/19_5_207/_pdf The Turnover of Body Water as an Indicator of Health to read on the plane (Along with Elizabeth Blackburn's book The Telomere Effect). I was interested in the concept of the total body water turnover being higher in the young and in the healthy versus unhealthy, couldn't improve mine through sweating, but if CT offers a similar effect via the cold and increased urine, I just decided to go for it as much as possible, whilst getting as much UV as I could. (UV 6 for the clear sky hours).

I took a list of waters and their deuterium content, and Gerolsteiner at -57 was the best I found so I drank that. (I also compared the mineral content of that, Buxton (UK) water bought at the airport on the way out, and a local bottled water DH was drinking while we were there. The sodium content of Gerolsteiner was 118 mg per litre, Buxton 24, and DH's bottled water was 11.) Ate fish every day, took seaweed sprinkles and some Redmond sea salt with me, and tried to keep deuterium loaded foods to a minimum.

Not quite the holiday I expected, but a good recharge all the same. :)

seanb4, caroline and Brent Patrick like this.
  7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I've been working hard at making this happen (moving into the mobile homes on Wednesday), house scheduled to be on the market by the end of May latest. https://onthewight.com/uk-5g-testbed-bid-winners-announced/ Just found out I'm in one of the "winning" :tears: farmlands counties for a 5G test bed. In the shorter term, rural UK suddenly isn't looking safer after all....... :(

seanb4 likes this.
  8. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

We were a few days later moving because of the weather front dubbed the beast from the east 1.0. The pipes froze, which at least tested our insulation ...:rolleyes: Made improvements, we were in there for the beast from the east 2.0, and nothing froze, but it took living in the cold lane to the next level, particularly moving from one mobile home to the other ....The day home is now called the East Wing, the night one is the West Wing .....:D The flat was still completely empty and it wasn't safe to try and move stuff in, so didn't have that escape option, but we could have moved back into our old house. Because that won't be an option next winter we decided to just wait it out, as if we were snowed in, and see how we coped. We didn't lose power so we were fine, and after moving and clearing out furniture and washing walls and doing spring cleaning for hours every day I was quite glad of the break. :)

9. taiyang

taiyang New Member

Sue,
    Could you tell me what are some of the common deuterium heavy foods and some the best deuterium depleting foods?

10. JanSz

JanSz Gold

------------------------------------------------
    upload_2018-3-22_8-46-58.png

Brent Patrick and SlamSlask like this.
  11. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

The best deuterium depleting "foods" are the sun and cold.
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.php?threads/deuterium-depletion-capabilities.21028/#post-236961
    For me that nugget changed how "bad" something is deuterium wise. An animal that is truly connected to their environment 24/7 doesn't find an egg and think ooh I'll just eat the yolk because its more deuterium depleted.... which is what I was doing ....:oops::D

Mystic Rose60 and Brent Patrick like this.
  12. taiyang

taiyang New Member

thank you. after the cambridge analytical scandal, i will never give a like for anything again. they'll have to start harvesting 'thank yous' from me

13. taiyang

taiyang New Member

14. taiyang

taiyang New Member

my father grew up in a house with a spring in the basement supplying drinking water. the house was built brick by brick by my great grandfather. the electric wiring was redone by my grandfather at some point, but now my brother is moving in. both grandparents died at 94 and were never cared for by others (except that they cared for each other) and were never in a nursing home. i'm going to ask my brother what kind of wiring was in there.

anyway, as a child my father was fat. how could that be when he was living in such an ideal environment- one that led to his parents living to 94? their activity levels and sun exposure was the same. he was also barefoot a lot. they were a farm family.

so i think food and maybe toxic exposure through pesticides/herbicides are what threw my father's metabolism out of whack. those factors may have interfered with the great light/water/magnetism environment he was in. i don't think food quality should be prioritized under cold and sun. it's got to be of equal importance in my opinion.

15. JanSz

JanSz Gold

My Mom spend her last 25 years in my house. 1980-2005
    The same house I live in now.
    She was 95yo when died.
    It was March, she died of flu that caused buildup of water in her lungs.
    Had I caught it earlier she might have lived much longer.

@Jack Kruse
    I could use tips when facing (sudden) swollen feet and ankles.
    Specially in otherwise healthy youngsters in their 90's.

////////////

Brent Patrick and Lahelada like this.
  16. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Theka, JanSz and Lahelada like this.
  17. taiyang

taiyang New Member

"I could use tips when facing (sudden) swollen feet and ankles.
    Specially in otherwise healthy youngsters in their 90's."

I believe there is more than one reason for swollen feet and ankles.
    "As part of the immune system, inflammation has a useful role helping the body to heal after an injury, for example, but it can damage organs and blood vessels if it persists when it is not needed. One of the vagus nerve's jobs is to reset the immune system and switch off production of proteins that fuel inflammation. Low vagal tone means this regulation is less effective and inflammation can become excessive, such as in Maria Vrind's rheumatoid arthritis..."

In the example in the article the vagal nerve stimultion was helpful because the woman's inflammation "persist(ed) when it (was) not needed." 1) so i would think when inflammation/swelling is needed, you don't want to interfere with that process. 2) you have to determine what is causing the inflammation/swelling. maybe it has nothing to do with the immune system, but instead has to do with the circulatory system and the blood not being pumped around the body effectively. i remember once i noticed my fingers got a little swollen after a long day's hike. this was after i had dropped considerably weight over 3 years of living in taiwan. i believe i lost not only fat, but muscle, some of which was probably heart muscle. i don't think i would need a vagal nerve stimulator for that.

18. drezy

drezy Gold

Just curious is this an edema Jan?

My mother in law has bouts with this if it is.

JanSz likes this.
  19. JanSz

JanSz Gold

"When we discontinued stimulation, you could see disease came back again and levels of TNF in the blood went up. We restarted stimulation, and it normalised again."
    =======================
    "I have occasional stiffness or a little pain in my knee sometimes but it's gone in a couple of hours. I don't have any side-effects from the implant, like I had with the drugs, and the effect is not wearing off, like it did with the drugs."
    =======================
    Raising the tone
    Having an electrical device surgically implanted into your neck for the rest of your life is a serious procedure. But the technique has proved so successful - and so appealing to patients - that other researchers are now looking into using vagal nerve stimulation for a range of other chronic debilitating conditions,
    including inflammatory bowel disease,
    asthma,
    diabetes,
    chronic fatigue syndrome and
    obesity.

=======================
    Those who meditated showed a significant rise in vagal tone, which was associated with reported increases in positive emotions. "That was the first experimental evidence that if you increased positive emotions and that led to increased social closeness, then vagal tone changed," Kok says.
    ---
    meditation=prayers
    My Mom was praying all the time,
    that was not helpful in water management
    =======================
    "Hospitals already track
    heart-rate variability -
    vagal tone
    - in patients that have had a heart attack," she says, "because it is known that having low variability is a risk factor."
    =======================
    And Maria Vrind, who despite severe rheumatoid arthritis can now cycle pain-free around Volendam, has a new lease of life: "It's not a miracle - they told me how it works through electrical impulses - but it feels magical. I don't want them to remove it ever. I have my life back!

=======================

https://www.labcorp.com/test-menu/36231/tumor-necrosis-factor-α
    Tumor Necrosis Factor-α
    TEST: 140673
    CPT: 83520

Methodology
    Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA)

Reference Interval
    0.0−2.2 pg/mL

Specimen Requirements
    Specimen
    Serum, frozen

Volume
    1 mL

Minimum Volume
    0.4 mL (Note: This volume does not allow for repeat testing.)

Container
    Red-top tube or gel-barrier tube
    Collection
    Transfer the serum into a LabCorp PP transpak frozen purple tube with screw cap (LabCorp N° 49482). Freeze immediately and maintain frozen until tested. To avoid delays in turnaround time when requesting multiple tests on frozen samples, please submit separate frozen specimens for each test requested.

Storage Instructions
    Freeze.

Stability Requirements
    Temperature

Period

Frozen

9 days

Freeze/thaw cycles

Stable x2

Causes for Rejection
    Nonfrozen specimen; nonserum specimen; gross lipemia; gross hemolysis

Unilateral primary osteoarthritis, left knee
    2016 2017 2018 Billable/Specific Code
    M17.12 is a billable/specific ICD-10-CM code that can be used to indicate a diagnosis for reimbursement purpose

upload_2018-3-22_14-7-26.png

Last edited: Mar 22, 2018
  20. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I think food isn't as important unless it's as important ....:D

I'm in mid move so don't have the book to hand, but I've read of studies done on animals having pesticide levels so high they were unfit for human consumption, losing body fat when they were detoxed. I think that exposure in the womb can turn on a particular gene or oversensitize its volume control, or interfere with the way the fat burning enzymes work.

I have some biometric markers that point to something turning on a "thrifty" gene in utero, and the environment over the years meant the volume switch seemed to be turned up to max. Circadian rhythm, Redox before detox, 3 legged stool, for a loooooooooooooooooong time food seemed to be of equal importance until suddenly it wasn't ...... :)