1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The blogs and a changing journey ...

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Sue-UK, Apr 13, 2015.

1. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

All over the external satellite dish, and inside as far as my index finger will comfortably get. :)

ScottishEmma and Jude like this.
  2. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I printed out the paper Free Fatty Acid Receptor GPR120 and Pathogenesis of Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. "GPR120 is highly expressed in mouse pituitary and human breast cancer cells" Also (in mice), "In addition, intracerbroventricular injection of Omega 3 and 9 fatty acids results in significantly decreased food intake and increased leptin-induced anorexigenic effect, and thus results in significant reduction of adipocyte size and loss of body weight. Most importantly, they identified that GPR120 is co-expressed with neuropeptide Y in the arcuate nucleus in hypothalamus." So its been back searching the blogs for neuropeptide Y. (Wonder how does GP120 quantumly tie in with leptin ....seasonal light changes/ UV specifically/both?) The human breast cancer cell mention is interesting .....made me pause for a moment and think about my hack, but the skin tags under my arms are going .... which I think is a very good sign. Reading that the highest GPR 120 expression in a cynomolgus monkey is in the lung and colon, had me using a cotton bud with the mix on to apply inside my nose :rofl: breathe that signal in ...:) I've also done a scalp massage, just a little bit, and left it for 24 hours before washing my hair. Switched to east facing CT when I get up, then apply mix and get in the sun/cloud bathe ... Loving this hack. :D

caroline likes this.
  3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

NPY is in the early leptin blogs.

4. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

GP120 is loaded with aromatic amino acids and also uses a tyrosine receptor to work. Samething is true with IGF-1 and many of the IGFBP.

Now you can listen to this to make some new connections:
    https://elitehrv.com/hrv-ketones-glucose-food-sensitivities-alessandro-ferretti

I met Alessandro in London during Jamie Ward's bio-hacking event in London and he lives in the UK. I dropped this note on his wall about the podcast: I think your next step in this story needs to be tied to IGF-1 and all the IGFBP with respect to BG/HRV ratio I've got a sense that the double edged sword of IGF-1 is tied to the electron excitement that is present or absent and it will correlate with HRV waveforms. I told you when I spoke in London that the leptin receptor was an ‘account’ for protons and electrons. The mechanism of counting is done several ways. One is in the retina and the information from leptin in the SQ fat comes via the water networks in CSF. As you know CSF is an ultra filtrate of blood plasma. This is where the idea of BG/HRV enters as the light finger print. Insulin is a solar hormone and IGF-1 is the key to sulfation of many tissues and cellular componets by sunlight. Key elements in the blood and arterial walls need sulfation too and this imparts charges to both tissues. All bits of matter that make things up roughly have equal numbers of electrons and protons. The basics of what most people forget is that if this were not so, there would be an excess of positive or negative charge, and this would create a massive force pushing all the excess charge out, leaving behind a core group of neutral charges behind. When sunlight moves electrons in our bio-molecules with the energy in light waves is alters the arrangement of our bio-molecules. This is why the ratio of HRV links to glucose, IGF-1, and all the binding proteins. I have a sense the link will be to the golden ratio. Why do I say this? Different molecular arrangements have different energies associated with them. This difference in energy is how bio-molecules are quantized to light frequencies that will be contained with the HRV data. It also explains how metabolic networks became coupled to sunlight frequencies when cells were an evolutionary idea 3.8 billion years ago. Some of my thoughts you might ponder............

Sue-UK likes this.
  5. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Time to update my progress….

Mum’s death was a turning point, I knew I was barely treading water for the previous 2 years, and I’ve given myself time to recover from it. I did very little CT during May and until summer solstice, concentrated on getting the light. Now if it’s a clear sky first thing I get in the sun first, and then CT, then sun again. If its cloudy or raining its straight in the tub, and then get the sun when I can once the skies have cleared. I can cope with days where the weather is so bad I can’t get out much at all, which I hope means I’m either holding charge better or not leaking energy because of the less stressful situation, or a bit of both. Interesting was that from day 1 after solstice I could feel the light was now different, I’m more aware of the frequencies moving towards the next season. More aware of what my body senses, (a better mitochondrial swarm?) rather than constantly living in my head IYKWIM. Not spending stressful hours in the nursing home, where the population of staff and residents is more than I have within a mile radius of where I live has made a difference too. I’m not constantly in mitigation mode.

My home made evening glasses have made a big difference to my sleep. I thought my sleep was good, then my “red room” set up improved it again, but these have taken it to the next level. I’m seeing my friend this week who is hacking them too, to see if its N=2 result. Because I’m finding them making me sleepy too early, which will be a problem when its dark by 5 p.m., I’ve just started hacking another filter earlier in the evening. They are pink, but its not the visual colour, its about the frequencies they let through. I already had a “pink” gel that seemed to have a good range of early evening frequencies, slightly more yellow than the later ones, so I’m starting with that one, but there’s a couple more I am interested in. But so far so good. Natural light, the new ones, and then the more purple ones seem to give better shift towards sleep than the “same” of amber, which don’t have the decresendoing of yellow, or the saturated colours of evening. If they continue to be a better choice than amber, my friend is up for another hack. I think there’s mileage in using different ones throughout the day say in a constant blue lit work place, rather than the “same” of amber, but I’m not in that position, so that’s further down the list of potential hacks, but in the meantime I’m interested in learning more about it. Moving my office to the conservatory where I have 2 doors and 8 windows I can open, and changing my monitor has made a big difference, and I can see the breaks in the clouds to nip out for a sun break. I’m already preparing for winter with my reflective screen, and have bought 2 cellular 100% cotton cot blankets that I’m going to stitch up down the sides and top leaving gaps for my arms and head, to make myself a kiniki-style kaftan. The holes in the fabric let light through, but will give me some warmth too. With my new planned hacks, CT and a couple of trips for a week in the sun, I’m feeling really positive that I can still make progress through the winter.

The ghee and DHA on the skin has also made a big difference. I do it for a few days and then take a break for a couple of days to see how my skin responds, it’s a treatment for as long as I need it, perhaps then do it occasionally, but I don’t want it to become a lifestyle choice. I want my skin to get to a point where it no longer needs to do it. But at the moment, that and sunshine is giving me a big improvement in skin tags under my arms. Head massage with it and leaving it for 24 hours gave my hair great condition after washing it afterwards. Massaging it on my tongue and ears, and using a cotton bud to wipe it round the inside of my nose seems to be improving my sense of taste and smell, and there’s no sign of the occasional tinnitus. I don’t seem to need to eat so much fat, which I think is right for this time of year. Much as I’d like my right eye to improve first, I’m leaving it to my inner doctor to do what its doing, and prompt me in the right direction. But Jacks post on the zebra fish eye, has me looking at DHA and eye microglia, so it will be interesting where that takes me. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19627444 . I suspect the blog on the long loop of DHA and the liver will be up next for a review. :)But with my better sleep (and I’m losing belly fat,:cool::cool:) I think my liver is getting more in tune …. Onwards and upwards. :D

Phosphene, Jude and Queen of Elves like this.
  6. Your ghee and DHA hack seems pretty interesting! I will try that for my tinnitus.

Where do you spend your winter trips? I am looking for a location too, but I don't want to fly a lot. Is one week really enough for you or do you do several trips instead of one longer trip for a reason?

7. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

When my Mum was alive, with other family members talking about me being away, and pointing me out in a photo, she coped with me being gone for a week without losing her memory of me, (AD). In the last year I would wear the same outfit every time to help recognition, as facial recognition was being lost. If she didn't see a family member for much longer, she didn't recognise them again. Once it was gone it was gone, and as her main visitor and advocate I didn't want to risk her losing her memory of me. I would have been anxious taking a second week. Also, I take care of my granddaughters one day a week in term time, so if I go for one week I can do a swap with the other grandmother without any hassle, I do the same in return, and my granddaughters don't notice. Going in term time means the flights and accommodation are cheaper, and it means I can go 2 or 3 times, which also means when I come back from one, I can look forward to the next a few weeks later. Its better than going for longer but then looking at a long wait for the spring ... Anticipation of another winter break helps my dopamine. :) Also if we make a mistake and where we go turns out to be a NNemf hellhole, its only a week. We've stuck with Fuerteventura for the last couple of years. First trip we had a pretty good place, but had a look round to see where else to try. Last 2 times have been at the same resort, no wifi in the apartments, cross the road down the hill and onto a beach. Away from the main tourist spots, resort next door was naturist, so no problems being nude on the beach. The kids thought we were boring going back to the same island all the time, but we knew we liked it, knew where everything was, so getting into chill mode was faster ... Its been what I needed ... sun, sun and more sun! Its also only a 4 hour flight from the UK. :)

8. That sounds reasonable. So sorry for your Mum! I know what it means, having to deal with AD in the family.
    I think by sticking to a place that is working for you, you will actually get you the most out of a short trip, like you named it getting into chill mode faster :thumbsup:

Phosphene and Sue-UK like this.
  9. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

I managed to find a visomitin study .... https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1007/s12325-015-0273-6.pdf
    Results of a Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Masked, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Study of the Efficacy and Safety of Visomitin Eye Drops in Patients with Dry Eye Syndrome.
    What interested me was the results for the placebo, because its not a placebo in the usual sense, its the same formula without the SkQ1. I can feel a hack coming on. :D

Phosphene likes this.
  10. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

My -6 solar evening blockers definitely help my sleep, still working on the earlier evening ones ... may need to use a 2 filters combo, but I have too many hacks going at the moment, and preparing to give a 2 hour talk in late September to 6 people with or connected to people with EHS... Got to do it at home because I get the RF down to 0.001 mW/M2. No tech so paper based handouts ... I've also started an eye drop hack - testing a base formula at the moment before adding the SkQ1. I've been obsessed with the microbiome, not just the gut but the skin and eyes, so I'm also doing some probiotic preparation work, particularly after reading http://www.nature.com/articles/srep40826?WT.feed_name=subjects_biological-sciences Association of the Intestinal Microbiome with the Development of Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration. With the light levels starting to drop, my microbiome could become an important source of light, (and dopamine?) so I need the good guys to step up to the plate. :)After some heavy supplementation for a month, I suddenly didn't want to take them any more (apart from the occasional chewing and putting under my tongue of one capsule (dose is 10), and I suddenly got a real craving to eat raw salmon. I'm gonna roll with that one for a bit, my inner doctor is whispering, so just stocked up :). And I'm hacking a homeopathic throat spray that I've used in the past, but added liquid nicotine, not to homeopathic proportions but a little goes a long way when used sublingually .... An "anticipation" signal and response ... ;) Similar to my ghee/fish oil tongue massage hack .... :)

11. lohd2015

lohd2015 New Member

Sue, interesting hacks. Here is a study related to your gut microbiome, macular degeneration ideas: http://embomolmed.embopress.org/content/early/2016/11/14/emmm.201606531
    I think we just know very little about how the biome really functions and what drives the changes.....there is a lot work for people like you.:thumbsup:

I also shared your article on my FB pages. Thank you.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    Phosphene and Sue-UK like this.
  12. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3535073/ The skin microbiome
    https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/the-secrets-of-ocular-microbiomes ocular microbiome
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4594012/ Human microbiomes and their roles in dysbiosis, common diseases, and novel therapeutic approaches
    So now I want to know which eye/skin beneficial species are damaged by artificial blue (or other frequency) light, and what, if any species could emit ELF UV light either for quorum signalling or as a byproduct of their metabolism that a mammal (like me :p)living in a low light environment or season could manipulate and harvest. A microbiome light show when a bit of raw salmon hits the stage is the picture in my head :rofl: but microbiome lights out needed at night time...? :zzz:

Phosphene, Jude, caroline and 2 others like this.
  13. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Phosphene, Sue-UK and ScottishEmma like this.
  14. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Fits the slide I showed in Vermont on choiroidal thickness and obesity

Sue-UK likes this.
  15. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Looking at the paper, the Vermont slide and Jack's post on patreon (what patreons want), about CCMs ..... My tongue massage with ghee, and since then a 4 week course of probiotics (and now chewing and putting under the tongue for a bit of pattern signalling), my need for fat has dropped through the floor, so I'm hoping my gut LPS has also plummeted ... Although seasonal carbs are still plentiful, my gut feeling is that to stimulate the short and long loops of DHA recycling to my retina, now might be a time to redo the leptin reset ...

seanb4 likes this.
  16. shiran

shiran Curious

Would love to get that slide and the reference to show my community here thanks

17. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

So I've rethought the leptin reset idea ... Having been working on the light cycle side of leptin sensitivity for a long time, I'm going to continue with a 6 hour eating window, 12-6 pm, and keep seasonal carbs to lunchtime only. I'm not craving fat anyway, so a bit of protein and maybe a few greens should do before sunset, and that should give me a long stretch of IF and reducing LPS. I'll up the seafood and do a couple more weeks of the probiotic too. Oh well its a plan ....:rolleyes:

I've just started hacking a grounding yoga and fitness mat :D Using it as a runner along the bottom of the bed, so that my, and DH's, feet and calves are on the mat during sleep. Its connected to a rod in the earth outside the window. Much better than a grounding strap. Much easier to keep clean, more comfortable than a strap round my foot, and it can be used elsewhere, even outside as a camping mat, or in a tent, just stick the grounding rod into the soil ..:cool: Who knows I might even use it for yoga ...:eek::whistle::D

Phosphene, ScottishEmma and seanb4 like this.
  18. ScottishEmma

ScottishEmma Silver

Can I clarify the grounding yoga mat... Is it a conventional yoga mat? Does that carry a charge up the mat??

19. Sue-UK

Sue-UK Gold

Its not a conventional one, its a grounding product, I'll pm you a link to the UK supplier I got it from. :)

Phosphene and ScottishEmma like this.
  20. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Nature stays committed to her decisions, but stay remains flexible in her approach because the environment constantly perturbs her with waves.

Brent Patrick likes this.