1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. MJ*

MJ* New Member

That's great, maybe it's both!

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Will CT still reduce inflammation if one is not eating a strict Paleo diet?

3. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

no......if you eat dirty......you're dirty. You cant out supplement of out sleep bad decisions

4. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

I have been using CT lately to control my heartrate, and sometimes my blood pressure. I have been trying to get off synthroid (large dose - 200mcg, hashimoto's for 13 years), and onto Armour, for the past year. It is difficult! My adrenals are struggling to handle the dose to manage my hypothyroid symptoms, and I really don't want to go back on hydrocortisone. When my adrenals struggle, my blood pressure drops, and my heartrate climbs to make up for the lack of needed blood pressure, and I feel awful. I have learned to get in the cold tub, and come out after 25-30 minutes feeling like a new person! My heartrate slows to normal, and blood pressure is raised to normal. I do this even when blood pressure seems "okay", but heart is racing. It is a fix that lasts for several hours. In the mean time, I keep trying to get the Armour where it needs to be. I have started DHEA to hopefully support my adrenals, and not make the cold tubs imperative, but rather something refreshing. I bought the ice vest and will start wearing it at times when I can't walk away from the kids for the tub!

5. cookworm

cookworm New Member

Just starting to contemplate CT...I'm the person that is always chronically freezing cold, so CT doesn't really sound pleasant to me (although the benefits of it do!). As a newbie, I'm wondering:

Is CT something you should do forever as part of an optimized lifestyle, or is it just done until you burn the fat you want to get rid of?

Can you spot CT, targeting areas you want to minimize while preserving the areas you want to keep?

How many times a week should it be done?

Thanks!

6. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

CT is the primordial human condition for health

Brent Patrick likes this.
  7. cookworm

cookworm New Member

Destiny, your post is from a couple months' back, but I just came across the CT thread (I'm thinking of coming over to the dark side!), and I'm SO INSPIRED to hear this--thanks for posting! Mine are more like permanently fused together at this point:p, but I've noticed such small changes, even though it's been over a long time, that I'm keeping faith. Hoping CT can speed things along a bit!

8. XeniaMom

XeniaMom New Member

I've only been doing CT about 1 month. I am no longer waking in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep. I am enjoying a better (less stressed) mood. My PMS bad mood was greatly reduced. My menstrual flow was much lighter (this last item is a huge problem for me).

My 14 year old daughter (cross-country athlete) takes 2 cold baths a day. She is reporting a "good feeling" after her baths and very little soreness after starting a strength training program.

9. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Go for it, Cookworm! We all are trying and hoping to be optimal!

10. LinD

LinD New Member

Cookworm,

You mean, come over to the cool side.....

Welcome, welcome!

11. snapper

snapper New Member

I am sleeping the best I have in my adult life since starting CT. I'm only following the protocol loosely, and I've looked at a range of stuff on cold adaptation. I do 5+ mins of face dunking morning and evening. I place a hand in the water (~50 F but often a bit lower) for 5 mins. I am increasingly having cold showers (~ 59 F) for 10 mins. I've tried ice on torso with compression shirt multiple times, but always get mild burns where the pressure is greatest.

But the sleep. Just with face and hand dunks, sleep is wonderful!!

12. Destiny

Destiny New Member

Put your feet in at the end o the session too! That was my usual sequence in the morning :D!

13. snapper

snapper New Member

Good idea, thanks!