1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Is this usual for you?

Glad the CT and then icing it helped.

2. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Great signs!

3. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Unfortunately, yes :( My roommate was ready to take me to the ER last month b/c I was barely conscious for a couple hours until pain killers kicked in. Anybody fixed this kind of issue yet?

4. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Strangely, it's been getting worse for me. I was able to control it a few years ago with GLA and fish oil but that doesn't work anymore.

The severe pain never fully came back yesterday, which is interesting. I did keep an ice pack on most of the day. My sis has this, too, she used to faint for real regularly... now she takes meds at the first sign of pain.

5. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

Mine are no longer as long, intense and as debilitating as they used to be. There have been lots of times I couldn't even leave the house or had to call in sick because it was so bad or the headaches or the pain or just the proximity to a bathroom was an issue. I've had a few where I could have passed out from either the pain or from the amount of blood lost. I will get a 'bad' month it seems every few months but in general they have become shorter and less intense. Due to CTing and the detox/ED they aren't always timely...but CTing during generally helps too. There are some months though that during I can't mentally get anywhere near that tub...those months I can't seem to tolerate CT during. I guess overall I'd say my hormones are normalizing but with the CT/detox that can throw a monkey wrench into it but we all know how non-linear this process is. There is significant trending to the correct destination so that's enough to keep me motivated.

6. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I appear to be getting the blood loss under control and I went from something like 10 days with chronic iron deficiency anemia to only a couple with an additional two or three with light spotting. But the pain - ugh. I've had some PMS is general come back that was improving a few months ago. Even some of my fibrocystic symptoms have suddenly reappeared. Not good.

7. angieonthegogo

I just had a random thought: If CT increases testosterone and testosterone can cause thinning hair...am I going to lose all of the lovely new hair growth that I have doing CT? Temporarily? Permanently? :( Or is it more about the ratio of the testosterone with the estrogen, progesterone and...what's the other one, pregnenolone...since progesterone is made from pregnenolone? Wondering if there are any long-term side-effects of CT to any of this if we are trying to reverse disease and not following the seasons.

Ok, back to your regularly scheduled program... :)

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Pretty hard for a women to lose hair from CT......that would be a first I have heard of it.

9. angieonthegogo

I guess my question was really, can CT cause my testosterone level to become too high and therefore lead to some thinning hair/loss or other issues. Good to know. Whew!! I worked hard for those new hairs!! :)

10. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I look real funny these days after drying my hair - new sprouts sticking out everywhere :D They're about 2-5 inches long, while the rest of my hair goes down to my mid back. I've been doing leptin rx for almost 7 months now and I'm pretty sure the improved nutrition is causing my hair to grow back fuller.

11. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I notice hair loss lately... but I guess it's just part of my hormone rebalance... I have really thick hair so I'm not worried. And I hope in the future I'll see new sprouts sticking out too :eek: it happened once before and I loved how it looked.

12. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

CT increases testosterone ? Did I miss this?

13. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

I think the fact that we get better body composition proves that... higher testosterone level leads to muscle gain and fat loss? I don't mind having a little more of it.

14. hazyjane

hazyjane New Member

It's not really testosterone but the DHT form that causes hair loss (in men and in some women). Most women lose hair from anemia and/or thyroid issues rather than DHT, unless they have PCOS and have female pattern baldness, which occurs on the top of the head, not all over like thyroid/anemia hair shedding.

15. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

DHT is the issue.....

16. LinD

LinD New Member

17. janagram

janagram New Member

interesting link, LinD....nothing about women, though...

18. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

Since this is the benefits thread -

I just wanted to highlight my experience so far - I've lost weight before, but always always - if I lost too much too fast, I could feel my metabolism slowing down and then I would plateau - and I just couldn't get any lower.

So far with CT - I'm not hungry, the fat is coming off like crazy, and all it takes is some CT to ramp up my energy. I really think one of the biggest benefits is keeping the metabolism churning during the fat loss.

19. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Excellent results!!! I agree you're turning up the furnace, you're becoming an efficient fat burner!

20. PaleoDentist

PaleoDentist New Member

I am finally sleeping throughout the night. not sure if it is the CT or the new sleep meditation I listen to before going to bed.