1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Hi Olivia, I remember when you said your knee seemed to be getting better. This is awesome news!

2. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Congrats Dali Dula,

I am happy for you. Thank you for reporting.

Basically, it took 7 months. 4 months of which CT every day.

Cool. Winter is only 5 months away. I want that 86 bitch too. :D

Cooling

3. MJ*

MJ* New Member

send that, so happy for you!!!!!

4. MJ*

MJ* New Member

fantastic you're looking great!!

5. MJ*

MJ* New Member

You are an inspiration Olivia, this is excellent!!!!!!

6. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

Awesome! I want that milestone too! Winter can't come soon enough. Very happy for you!

7. angieonthegogo

angieonthegogo New Member

Excellent job! You have re-motivated a lot of us women...I'm spot CTing right now.

8. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

great news! :)

9. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

Great news Olivia!

What else did you do for your knee besides CT?

10. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

History was that I dislocated my right patella in October 2010 on my way to the US (ironically for a hiking holiday). Thankfully an orthopaedic surgeon was on board the flight, and put the patella back, and ordered that the crew make sure that I iced it for the remaining six hours of the flight as there were no painkillers available. It was checked out in the US, and at the end of the holiday I returned to the UK, and was put on a waiting list for physio, which started in June 2011. I'm continuing this every day still. The additional extras on my side were to start eating Primally to lose weight (72lbs lost so far), see a Consultant again as since the original injury I have had 18 further dislocations and an MRI scan showed severe ligament and tendon damage as well as a wrecked patella, and I could dislocate the patella with actions as minor as standing up from a chair or going up or downstairs. The second time I saw a consultant, he told me that he would like to replace the patella with an artificial joint, and feed the hamstring tendon through it to stop any further dislocations. I asked for a second opinion, and the Consultant I saw said that he'd like to give physio one more shot as the operation proposed was very radical. He also told me to stop eating grains (which I'd already done) and either supplement with glucosamine or make and consume my own stock - a man after my own heart! This was in January of this year. I saw a new physio who gave ulstrasound treatment, and told me to continue doing the exercises I was doing, but to add weights to my ankle. This really didn't seem to improve things much.

In March I started reading about CT via Glamorama's posts on MDA, and then signed up here and started slowly with CT in mid-March. The improvements health-wise have been dramatic. Not only has my knee gone from needing major surgery to being fine, but I have regained full feeling in a finger which I damaged (severed a nerve, had microsurgery, but never regained proper feeling) 15 years ago, and have regained full lung function (damaged right lung after a severe bout of pneumonia 20 years ago). I have not lost weight following the CT protocol, but I have regained so many other things that I will make sure this is a part of my life from here on in! And maybe some weight loss will follow once the rest of my issues have healed?

11. MJ*

MJ* New Member

incredible!

12. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Olivia and DaliDula, That is fantastic news for both of you. Thank you for sharing. It sure gives a lot of hope.

13. CoolingWeb

CoolingWeb New Member

Could you please talk about the fat cells apoptosis that you went through with daily CT for 4 months? Detoxing signs?

How much fat loss total and how much since CT?

Stay coool,

Cooling

14. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I had very little noticeable detox symptoms except after a few weeks into the protocol i had a four or five day bout with constipation. These were the hardest ****s ever. Thought my head was going to pop off. They were these super dense long things. i know this is tmi but it was crazy. Then I started pounding Mg. Everything cleared up and i have had no other problems. I do a lot of Mg in the form of nigari which is basically Mg sulfide with trace minerals. My understanding is there is basically no toxicity with Mg. If you start to get loose stools you're taking more than you need. Back off. Mg is the perfect laxative.

As for apoptosis I'm not sure, but as soon as I was doing full immersion ct and not eating 4 hours before bed I became a slomo incredible hulk. I actually started gaining weight while losing bf%. In a 4-6 week period I gained 8 lbs and while losing fat. I'm an active guy and I hiit and sprint, but honestly I was not working hard to make this happen. Someone asked me tonight if there was one thing I would recommend from all of this what would it be. It would be not to eat 4 hours before bed. (Then you should do everything else all of Jack's protocols)

So I don't think you could always recommend CT for weight loss, but it works for fat loss. (and life gain)

15. indigogirl

indigogirl Silver

WOW Olivia and Dali Dula!

Olivia, I asked because I've had 2 arthroscopic surgeries on my left knee for torn meniscus. The first was about 24 years ago, the second surgery was this past fall. I also have arthritis in that knee. It's not where I want it to be in terms of rehab.

16. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

I hope that CT works as well for your knee as it did for mine, Indigogirl. I certainly know how painful knee problems can be.

It sounds, though, as if you have rather more going on with your knee than I did - and that it might take rather a lot more work to get it to a good place. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for you.

17. kathylu

kathylu Gold

I was having a lot of problems with my left knee. No diagnosis, I was referred to an orthopedist but didn't go. Since starting CT at the end of March, the knee has been slowly improving. No more pain, though I find I am still hesitant to bend this knee when descending stairs. I think it's just psychological though...it's been so painful in the past I am afraid that one wrong step will put me back where I was. I'm really enjoying moving almost normally now. That's enough inspiration for me to keep up the cold treatments!

18. Inger

Inger Silver

Wow to read this made my day Dr.!

Now.. you are my great inspiration (and others too in your forum) and now I became an inspiration too.. beautiful life..

19. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Jumped back into the tub right after waking this AM with the worst menstrual cramps. The kind of pain that will make you vomit and almost faint, and wonder if you're having a baby you didn't know about.... 10min later I was able to get out of the tub, tie a zip lock filled with ice to my abdomen (a la MJ style ) and cook my BAB.

20. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Not sure where to post this but I am thinking the end result is from CT'ing. Starting last Saturday, a week ago, I have not been hungry at lunch time; it was more like eat just a little at 2 just in case I can't make it til 5. All week this has been going on. Yesterday I made it from BAB at 7ish to supper at 4:30 and today BAB at 7 and supper at 5. With my adrenal fatigue I have always been the gotta eat now type when hunger strikes but that has not been the case for a whole week. Got to be more than a fluke since it isn't 1 or 2 days only. I have been doing the reset since July 3rd, 2011.

Maybe TMI, but for those who suffer like I did I want you to now that since my last really bad detox (estrogen dump) that was quite awhile ago, I have had no more breast tenderness. I have had this most of my whole life and it has interferred greatly. It was so bad that 2 weeks out of every month I was plagued. I hope I haven't jinxed myself by reporting but it appears enough time has passed that this is now a bennie for me from CT'ing.