1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. sd13

sd13 New Member

Haven't updated my status so thought I would do so today since I hit a new low weight wise. Since starting ct mid Feb. I have lost 9lbs. Might not sound like much to some, but considering I lost only 11lbs for the whole of 2011, I'm beyond thrilled. Meant to test my FBG this morning but was so excited about the weight loss, I forgot. However the last time I checked it was definitely in a downward trend.

2. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Congrats! That's fantastic...keep it up, it's working!

3. MJ*

MJ* New Member

LinD we need a picture of that! How cute...

4. villjamur_stevenson

villjamur_stevenson New Member

So since I started this, I am down about 17 pounds - which is pretty amazing since I lost a bunch of weight about 15 years ago (225 down to 170) doing a low carb paleo diet, but then I've been range bound (between 170 and 182 throughout the year) for over a decade. I really haven't changed much except adding CT. I have noticed that my weight loss chart looks like steps on a stairway. I have sharp drops, followed by plateaus, then drops again. Anyone else notice that?

5. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

6. Inger

Inger Silver

The Kruse-protocol works!!! After a few Months of following it, I weigh the same as in the before-pics (taken about 3 years ago, eating a keto-diet, a very healthy kind of keto with organs etc. but having it warm 7/24 and lots of artificial lights..)

The left pictures are "before", at the right side the actual shots.

[​IMG].[​IMG]

[​IMG].[​IMG]

I cannot believe really, that I weigh the same in both pictures, and I am doing no sports and living quite sedentary!

I eat a lot.. I got such a huge appetit from CT! Especially in the beginning. It is better now, but I just ate as much as I wanted when I had the huge appetit. I have started to add in carbs a few weeks ago - I eat them as organic or wild fruit like dried Figs, Berries, Mangos.., wild raw honey / honeycomb, occasionally a little vegtables like carrots and cucumber. I eat wild greens/herbs every day now. Lots of raw coconut oil, and also fresh coconut. No dairy, or very very occasional. It makes me swell up.. uh. Lots of seafood, wildcaught, often raw, as sashimi - I love sashimi, my favorit food. I eat a lot raw, maybe 80% of my food. Some days 100%. Only one cup organic coffee with coconut oil and eggyolk in the morning, more makes me feel... not good. Very occasionally organic red wine.

I try to focus on wild foods as much as I can.

My CT these days (as the summer starts) is mostly in the river by the house, sometimes I sit in there for 15-20 minutes, maybe 1-2 times a week, and otherwise I just stay in a few minutes. Every morning I go there for swimming (very shorthly, just a few minutes), and also evening if I feel like it. The water temp is about 52-55 degrees C right now.

Other benefits to me so far,

-nicer skin!!! The pores on my nose and face are smaller, nicer skin overall! I always had ugly skin..

-good sleep.. I always read the news from my computer in bed before sleeping.. about at 9 PM. With sunglasses on and f.lux and the computerscreen on the darkest setting that's possible. It works well, because after about 30 minutes I get soooo sleepy I can barely keep my eyes open! Somedays I sleep really short, like 5-6 hours.. wake up at 4 AM. I am not really tired eather so I guess it does not matter? Somedays I sleep long, like 9 hours. I have the feeling, it is when I have done more/longer CT that I sleep more. But I am not tired in the daytime at all even with little sleep. Nice.. nice.. nice....!!!!!

-my TOM is.. a little different! Before it was nice and very normal too, but now I have about 30% less bleeding, and overall totally easy and perfect!

I LOVE the protocol!!!!! I am so very thankful to Jack, he has given me such a great gift. And I am so thankful to all the members in this forum, that so generousely are sharing their experiences!

Inger

7. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

I woke up today with a FBG of 86!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Diagnosed 3 yrs ago with an a1c of 13. Went paleo 1 year ago. Started leptin reset nov 2011,started ct in feb 12. CT everyday. Not taking any diabetes meds. 86 bitch, take that you f,ing diabetes! Thank you Dr. Kruse, you are the man! Oh, I'm also ripped and in the best shape of my life at 51. Ha. Hahahahahahahahaha! Bring on summer.

8. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Inger you just motivated my wife to get back in the tub again.......she stopped and I been telling her......but you showed her and that is all it took.

9. Jack Kruse

Jack Kruse Administrator

Inger my wife just literally got in the shower and called for me to check the water temp........lol Amazing what another women can do to another women........I cant affect that change at all. LOL

10. finnite@dccnet.com

finnite@dccnet.com New Member

that is awesome! Go YOU!!

11. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

That is some serious results!! Fantastic!!

12. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Inger - Another thanks for posting the pics! I went straight up to the tub again lol!!

13. bigknitwit

bigknitwit Silver

Cting seems to normalize my blood pressure. I am dealing with adrenal issues giving me low blood pressure. Since I also have autoimmune thyroid disease, I am forever trying to balance adrenal supplements with thyroid hormone replacement.

This morning, before CTing (only 20 minutes before my 3 year old needed me), my blood pressure was 91/64, heartrate 94bpm. I wasn't feeling well. Heartrate was compensating for low blood pressure. After the brief CT session, blood pressure was 111/65, with heartrate of 62 bpm. I feel much better! Now to figure out how to get this result first thing in the morning...

14. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Beautiful, Inger!

15. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Fantastic!

16. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

Wonderful! I guess pretty soon CT first thing in the morning or before bed will become like a must for us just like taking a shower or brushing our teeth. :)

17. omlh@todmi.com

omlh@todmi.com New Member

I have today been signed off completely from needing knee replacement surgery, and the physiotherapist and further consultant appointments! The consultant was amazed at the recovery since I started the CT journey, and has told me that there is now no difference in strength between the good and "bad" knees - I am truly grateful, and I think that he will be looking into CT (although he feels compliance might be a problem ...).

18. kathylu

kathylu Gold

Olivia,

That's wonderful news! What an inspiration for the rest of us.

19. kandc88@gmail.com

kandc88@gmail.com New Member

My husband is also amazed as I really did not have much to lose but CT has melted off some stubborn stomach fat that we didn’t really even know I had...there is just less than before. In fact my clothes are looking a bit silly and I’m thankful that I didn’t cut drawstrings out of my shorts last summer cause I need them to keep my shorts up now! I got called Lean and Mean by a friend I hadn’t seen in a few months and yesterday was asked if I was a runner, which is just hysterical as nothing is further from the truth. I feel bad for the women who run and run and run and do half marathon’s and triathlons constantly looking for results that I can get with an hour of exercise per week and clean eating. I’m less hungry than ever so only eat when I’m hungry. I’m a bit worried that people will start to think I have a problem. The headaches I am getting are annoying, though and I’m hoping that eventually as the hormones work themselves out that will get better too, preferably before I run out of migraine meds, they are the only thing that cause the headaches to not be debilitating...

Edited to add a pic. I’m sorry I didn’t take one before I started, I didn’t know I was going to get such great results. The scar is from my 3rd resection surgery from crown’s disease which has been kept under control...after 12+ hellish years...for 2 years with meds and the help of a paleo type diet... it’s got a pinkish spot at the top that I just noticed taking the pic, wonder what that’s about, maybe it’s about to fade with the help of the ice too?!

[​IMG]

20. nonchalant

nonchalant Silver

Very inspiring post! Thanks, Inger!