1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. BJK77

BJK77 Gold

Thanks for sharing that Lisa. That is awesome and gives me hope! I also have hypothyroidism, IBS, fatty liver and a few other issues and am anxiously waiting for them all to resolve!

I assume you're following the AI paleo diet w/ no dairy, nuts, eggs, nightshades? I've been eating a few raw egg yolks here and there and just hoping it isn't causing any problems, but I don't notice any reactions at all.

2. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Wow that would be amazing... I got that around age 13 on my upper arms (made buying a prom dress tricky!) and have covered up my arms ever since. Then over the years (I'm 46) it's now all over my arms and also legs. I would adore it going away!!! It looks like a rash and is bumpy, but its just hair follicles inflamed i think. Of course, inflammation, why should i be surprised?? More CT for me.....!

3. You had me at "destroys cellulite" heh.

4. janellestg

janellestg New Member

I had gastric bypass surgery 10 years ago. When I had complications another surgeon inadvertently ruined my surgery while trying to help me. Later a third surgeon tried to help me by lengthening my bypass and further decreasing my absorption. Long story short I ended up not losing much weight and having severe malabsorption issues. I have had cancer, scurvy, anemia, and chronic diarrhea. Because my vagus nerve was severed it was going to be very difficult to become LS. For the last 2 months I have incorporated CT. I realized today that my leaky gut is so much better. I actually thought I was constipated because I had become so used to the diarrhea. I had lab work done last week. Can't wait for the results. I know they are going to be much improved.

5. LisaAPB

LisaAPB New Member

No, I do not totally avoid those foods, except certain dairy, like milk, which has too high lactose content for me. I eat very small amounts of hard aged cheese, use it more like a seasoning. I use heavy cream in my coffee, and I eat 8 to 10+ eggs a week. I eat macadamia nuts, some almonds and some brazil nuts now and then. I use heavy cream in my coffee, and I eat 8 to 10+ eggs a week. Occasionally I have a slice of tomato (BLT - bacon & tomato in a lettuce boat), and I use different kinds of peppers in cooking. In summer and fall, I eat fruit daily. About once a week I have greek yogurt with berries & chopped nuts as a treat (BG testing does not show a rise with this combo). I eat dark chocolate or cocoa crack once or twice a week too.

6. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

I have to report my sleep is finally getting better and I am able to sleep in the am longer. I am also not waking in the middle of the night unless DH wakes me as he doesn't sleep well but I am also going right back to sleep. This has only been the last 4 nights but that is 4 in a row. Big improvement. Now whether it's due to CT or dhea, I'm not sure. They both are probably playing a role. I am feeling better in the day too. I believe the CT really detoxed me. It was rough but well worth it. I seem to be having less mental (mood) issues lately and this should be pms week. Yeh me on that. Sleep and better mood - CT here I come.

I think my gut is getting better internally. My stomach makes lots of noise now when I eat and when I CT. Are any of you experiencing the noise thing? I have to believe that means it's doing it's thing. Last night though I had salmon, lettuce salad and cauliflower-sweet potato-coconut milk soup and I did my CT shortly after eating (I was very full) and by the time I was out of the bath, I was on the verge of getting hungry. I didn't like that cuz no more eating after dinner. I did wake up hungry this morning. That usually never happens either. Maybe things are starting to work.

Did some one say cellulite disappearance??? Still waiting on that.;)

7. BeingVenus

BeingVenus New Member

Last year I lost 50 pounds eating paleo and at the moment am 20 pounds lighter than my wedding weight (still hve about 40-50 to

Go) but still couldn't fit in my wedding and engagement set from Puffiness. Since starting CT I wore both my rings for the first time in 2 1/2 years yesterday. (I got married 3 years ago.) So happy!!! I didn't have to force them down my finger either.

8. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Some great wins!!

Keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) is usually a vitamin A deficiency. Mine decreased significantly with fermented cod liver oil supplementation, and increased when I ran out (even though I'd been supp'ing for two years ... I later learned i have severe fat malabsorption, so that explains why I developed a deficiency so soon after stopping it). So it sounds like CT is increasing your fat absorption, perhaps? Is it the only change you've made since the KP stopped?

9. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

Unexpected benefit - I think my rump is getting rounder. Less saggy, more bouncy, less dimply, smoother skin ... A rump I've never known. Downside ... those shorts that have been getting looser and looser are now getting tighter again, lol.

10. donkjellberg

donkjellberg Silver

So are mine ;)

11. janagram

janagram New Member

woo-hoo, mamagrok!!

12. youthfuliz

youthfuliz New Member

So is mine. The problem is, my pants didn't get a chance to get loose yet. :D I'm not losing weight! Although I am gaining muscles. And I just love the touch of my skin... all over. :eek:

PS: just realized, it's the same estrogen that's making me hungry! So I got smoother, more elastic skin... and hunger as the side effect. :eek: I guess I'll take it.

13. TerrierMom

TerrierMom Gold

Nope the KP is still alive and well and I'm hoping it will go. Thou I'll definitely check my vitamin a supplements... Til now ive never been a good supplement taker but after reading so much on the blog I'm convinced to keep at it! Vitamin A is one of those you can OD on so I'll have to be careful, right? ..... Off to go find fermented cod liver oil! Mama grok do you get yours local or online?

14. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

I'm not sure what exactly did it but it was a combination of omega 3 and vitamin A (cod liver oil helped some). It entirely went away when I went crazy with CT the last few weeks and started eating a ton of fish and *oysters*. I'm pretty sure this is caused by malnutrition in some sort of way.

I had it on my upper arms, too. I didn't mention it b/c it was still a bit there - but GONE now :D I have a tiny tiny bit left on the inside of my knees, where it was the worst. More oysters! But then I'm doing so many things right now at the same time, who knows what did it...

15. MamaGrok

MamaGrok New Member

I get vitamin A from pastured liver and from fermented cod liver oil (that just means it's made the traditional way, but there is only one producer known in the world still making it that way: Green Pastures, and they're only online, so far as I know. I buy in bulk from their website. It looks very expensive, but the serving size is tiny, so it's really not). SYNTHETIC vitamin A is toxic in not-so-high amounts, but naturally occurring vit A in foods, naturally balanced with vitamin D, is not even close.

16. Souldanzer

Souldanzer Banned

Don't be scared of natural vitamin A!! I was doing the WAPF PMS recommendations for quite a few months so I was doing between 20,000 and 50,000 IU of natural vitamin A a day.... never got a sign of toxicity. I think this is one of those vitamins we're all really deficient in.

And while I was obviously deficient in vitamin A, I was also bright orange from too much beta-carotene. It's just not the same thing even though CW keeps telling us that it is.

I'd say eat plenty of liver and make sure your D is up to speed. Or you can drink cod liver oil like I did, yuck.

17. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Since we have had skin success, I am watching my feet carefully. After I injured them, two toenails got fungus. I was able to take care of one with tea tree oil, but the other toenail has been more resistant. It takes a long time for the toenail to grow out and so it is difficult to tell if the problem really has gone away completely yet. I used to have rough heels, and they are gradually getting smoother. I figure at this rate, my heels will be completely smoother in another month.

18. Dali Dula

Dali Dula Moderator

Skin feels really good , muscles feel really good, joints feel really good, pretty much everything things feels really good. ARE YOU KIDDING ME THIS IS THE GREATEST THING EVER!

19. LinD

LinD New Member

Coconut oil worked for my husband for this very thing (toenail fungus, that is)..

Sprint Samsung Epic

20. Birdy

Birdy New Member

I'll try that if CT doesn't take care of it.