1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The Benefits of Cold Thermogenesis Thread!

Discussion in 'Cold Thermogenesis' started by August, Mar 14, 2012.

1. August

August ~

I wanted to start a thread where we could list all the possible benefits of Cold Thermogenesis!

I'm also wondering if the tightening of loose skin might be a possible benefit . . . or at least the ability to lose fat without the skin getting looser . . . What do you think?

2. Myree67

Myree67 New Member

I believe I read Dr.K saying somewhere that yes combined CT with coconut oil will help skin stay tighter... don't quote me though I read so much every day that I can't keep straight who said what where lol.

3. MJ*

MJ* New Member

Coconut oil topically? I realize you don't remember so don't worry if you don't remember this LoL...

4. caroline

caroline Moderator

I have been following/lurking on MDA for a long time. I am wondering about cold bathe vs cold showers vs spot icing. I have really skinny legs and narrow hips with a lot of fat around my middle [think skinny/fat] so I have been thinking that putting ice on my middle would be the best.

Dr K said some where that his bottom half is skinny so he keeps the water warmer and uses ice where he needs it. So do you think spot icing is a good/best idea? Thanks for any help - I have learned so much from all of you

5. MJ*

MJ* New Member

One thing he wrote recently was to someone on the topic of an ice bath to put the ice where you have fat, but that is in the bath. It sounds like the more skin you get cold the more you adapt your body, but spot icing could help with problem areas...

6. Glamorama

Glamorama New Member

I spot-CT my waist, have done so for a month. It seems to affect fat-reduction all over, but especially in my upper body. My waist is slightly smaller, but thanks to bloating I don't think I'll ever get a flat stomach no matter how much I CT. People seem to reap more benefits to their health by doing full submerges though. The shower is just a helpful tool in getting used to cold... on its own it will never do what spot-CT or submerge can do.

7. I sure hope this is true! A twin pregnancy has left me with a big nasty floppy belly (much much worse than what two singleton pregnancies did to my body). I didn't even gain that much in the pregnancy, but my body just didn't like stretching to accommodate two humans and I also seem to have increased fat deposited around my middle :(

8. BK Davis

BK Davis New Member

Jack WAS NOT kidding around about the strength increase directly after doing CT.

9. ChimpChick

ChimpChick New Member

Yay! A forum!!

SO I have been ice packing it for about a month.. (no tub) Last night I took Body Pump (weight lifting class) I hadn't been in 2 weeks.. I increased the weight I normally lift so today I should be in pain, especially after all those squats.. I don't even feel like I worked out!

That's just from ice packs, I can't imagine what you tub people can accomplish!

Do you all think the lack of pain is due to increased leptin sensitivity? I am still on HCG so I have yet to do the reset.. Maybe the ice will make the reset go quicker?

Thanks!

CC

10. vkiernan

vkiernan Silver

Give me more details please. I just started adding in some exercises right after I CT to help me not shiver. I am trying to get ready for work and it is sort of difficult to make up on when your hands are shaking. I am hoping this will bring some reward especially if I step it up gradually. Thanks.

11. Birdy

Birdy New Member

Every time I do CT, even just a face dunk, I sleep like a rock that night. People need to know that even if they don't lose a pound or an inch, good sleep is worth its weight in gold. 20 minutes shivering in a tub is much better than 6 hours tossing and turning, and the 8 groggy hours that follow.

12. benefits I have experienced:

facial skin tighter, very small pores, very clear skin

No allergies (yet) while everyone else is sniffling and sneezing--- I did have lots of sinus drainage, but that seems to have abated.

Sleep is great, deep but I don't always wake up refreshed. It is overall improved though. I have been sleeping with the window open since December (winter here in NJ) and that helped too.

Very little soreness with my training, I'm amateur competitive PL, and my recovery is great. My deadlift has been consistently going up, and that was my iffy lift. All the planets had to line up right, so to speak, for a good lift, and now I am just pulling with ease. And not really feeling it next day. Amazing. There really isn't a way for me to do CT and THEN lift, and honestly, my legs are so numb, I'm not sure that would be too smart, at least with squatting LOL I don't want to unrack 220# and "see what happens" I guess I could try it with bench or dl, but again, I can't really arrange to soak and then train.

My libido has improved, wink wink nudge nudge

Overall mood brighter, more even keel, less apt to anger/stress out

INcreased productivty @ work: cramming in all my reports so I have time to skim blog and forums LOL and @ home, to scurrying around the house tidying up, getting clothes out for next day, etc before it gets dark out. I still use laptop with flux, dont use phone or watch tv after dark.

I will have DH do measurements this Saturday, will be 2 weeks

13. Lyndra

Lyndra Gold

I am seeing vision improvement (sorry, no pun intended). I had LASIK a dozen years ago but for the last few years, my sight has been fuzzy much of the time. Now I notice how much more clear everything is, especially when driving. I drove last night in the dark and wow, what a difference. In the past, I'd have an occasional good day but this has been a more than a week of sharp eyesight.

14. Groketteliveson

Groketteliveson New Member

My adrenals feel like they finally woke up.

15. AKMan

AKMan New Member

I sleep better. I used to wake every night at 3am and toss-n-turn til alarm went off at 6. Now, I sleep all night and wake up right before the alarm goes off.

I've been one of those "how do you lose the last 10lbs" kinda guys for about 6 months. Well, I found the answer! I've been CT'ing in cold air and some ice-packs on the belly for about 6 weeks and broke a 6 month stall at 172 lbs, now down to 167 (I'm a 5'10/47yo dude).

16. Croak

Croak New Member

You know, I've had the same sort of improvement, also had LASIK (2004). My right eye especially. But, I attribute this more to the LR diet than CT.

17. Rhoswen

Rhoswen New Member

1. My acne is going away and what acne I had at the start of the Leptin RX and CT is healing up VERY quickly, much quicker than I've EVER seen it heal before! It heals up even faster when I do CT and use my Tea Tree oil.

2. This might be TMI but while my libido hasn't really increased, I find it much easier to climax. I'm a lady, fyi. :)

3. Oh, another thing with my skin... I had a pretty deep smile line on the right side of my face. I'm only 27 so I was kinda not too happy to have such a deep line in my face, even if it was a smile/laugh line... But it seems like it's far less deep after doing CT for a couple of weeks. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me or not.

4. My sleep seems to have gotten deeper. I don't wake up in the morning wishing I had more time to lay around in bed, I find it much easier to get myself up and going. I think I also fall asleep faster than I used to.

5. My place of work is kept fairly cold because we have lots of important machines running that we don't want to over heat.. I used to free constantly at work. I'd have to wear a hoodie under my lab coat (and sometimes I'd put my hood OVER my head even) while I was at my computer. Now, I stay totally warm. Even when I was eating a good Primal diet, there were nights were I'd get chilled. I haven't had this happen since doing CT. Now sometimes I have to run to the sink to cool my sweaty hands down! All the other ladies I work with think I'm crazy. They're cold all the time.

18. BK Davis

BK Davis New Member

vkiernan, after I read Jack's statement about his major increase in max bench following a long CT session, I decided to see how it would apply to me.

At this time, I don't have the set up or the time to do the long sessions like Jack. I had been doing some excercise (pushups, squats, etc.) before my CT sessions in the shower. I switched, out of curiosity, to doing the exercise after CT.

Even with a shorter duration and different application, I was able to do more with greater ease. I've just begun doing this and am trying to dial it in for me. I can't give you a hard number like jack as I'm using body weight exercise but the effect was immediately noticeable.

I'll report more down the road.

19. BK Davis

BK Davis New Member

Another thing I've noticed:

Jack mentioned in one of the CT blogs about one's sense of "Well Being" increasing with CT due to ACTH rising along with alpha MSH. This seems to prove true by me.

20. Shijin13

Shijin13 Guest

In close to 6 wks of CT (in the combination of spot CTing around my trunk & baths) is my skin looks younger

I've also notice some reduction in belly fat. I actually tried on my bikini for this summer and I only have a little belly while standing up so I look good in bikini standing up still not optimal while sitting ( still a bit pudgy). But I'm on my way!

Currently sitting in a bath. Trying it earlier vs later and I'll see how it goes