1. Registering for the Forum

We require a human profile pic upon registration on this forum.

After registration is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email, which should contain a link to confirm your intent to register for the forum. At this point, you will not yet be registered on the forum.

Our Support staff will manually approve your account within 24 hours, and you will get a notification. This is to prevent the many spam account signups which we receive on a daily basis.

If you have any problems completing this registration, please email support@jackkruse.com and we will assist you.

The arc of the mitochondrial universe is long, but it bends toward optimization

Discussion in 'My Optimal Journal' started by Foxglove, Jul 20, 2017.

1. It has been mentioned that you want that number below 10:1. It has also been mentioned that, for the ladies, the PG/E2 ratio is a good indicator of hydration status.

2. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Thank you!!

3. Danny

Danny New Member

Jan to June...maybe time of year, maybe some environmental change

Foxglove likes this.
  4. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

You're reading my mind! Last night I realized I'm not eating enough fat, and that's making the winter a problem season for me. I tried to switch to a seasonal diet, or closer to one, because of the deuterium stuff. But I've been re-reading the blogs/book and I saw where Jack says that (paraphrasing) you should follow a high-fat keto until you fix your hormones first, then do a seasonal diet after that to be optimal. I now think that because of my redox status, dehydration, and probable estrogen dominance that my mitochondria weren't strong enough for that diet change.

One of my bigger changes was that I switched coconut oil out with lard, and cut my MCT oil down to very little, except during the summer. I do eat ghee, but it's hard to eat a lot of ghee and lard, compared with coconut and MCT. At the same time, I upped my protein because I thought I was eating too many carbs for the season. I've done a lot of pork, eggs, soups, and spring salads. I'm not going to drop the protein, but I am going to mix up some more MCT oil chai lattes, and put more fat on my food.

When I was tracking my heart rate over the summer, I noticed that sometimes my heart rate would stay up high while IF-ing, and sometimes it would stay down where it was supposed to. I could not figure it out, even trying mineral water. Now I wonder if, instead of focusing on electrolytes, which were normal on the test, I should have been thinking about the BUN. I'm burning protein because I don't have enough fuel.

Here are a couple things I was reading that helped my reasoning:

"25:1 is a sure sign the redox is BAD. dehydration = mito make no water = no sun light can be added to your water to make a capacitor. "
    https://forum.jackkruse.com/index.p...ght-too-late-or-not-enough.20045/#post-260858

The section about “rabbit starvation." https://www.westonaprice.org/health...guts-and-grease-the-diet-of-native-americans/

Danny likes this.
  5. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

This morning I got my 6 mos blood draw. Probably won't get results for a week. In addition to the usual CBC/CMP/sed rate/CRP, he ordered

TSH + T4 + T3
    Vit D
    B-12 and folate
    Magnesium RBC

I couldn't convince him to do an hs-CRP, which might have been a coding problem. He said that it's only used to assess risk for heart attack patients. I didn't come armed with any research or documents, so I let it go this time.

6. Foxglove

Foxglove New Member

Just a quick update regarding protocols.

Unless my tests come back with a vitamin deficiency, I'm not using supplements for now, except the detox kind. I want to fire up my endogenous hormones.

I listened to the Sellman podcasts from Jan and Oct, re-emphasizing the importance of looking at the sunrise and no ALAN for "adrenal fatigue" type problems like POTS. I have a dog that I walk every morning (and they have to pee no matter the weather!), and I often roll down my window on the way to work, however I do tend to get outside after the sun has already risen. I'm going to improve that by actually watching the sunrise and keeping the red lights off at night. I know they serve a purpose but they do have flicker, and maybe I'm over-reliant on them. I'm lucky that I have a job that starts at 9, so I can choose when I get up. I'm also not tied to my devices, since it requires no phone calls or checking of email outside work hours. I really love that about my job. Time to make maximum use of that.

Last night I was completely in the dark - I even turned over a chair. This morning I was outside watching the sunrise for 25 minutes.

I've been trying to drink around 2+ L of non-Fl water every day, depending on thirst.

I've had Iris on my work computer for about 6 months. I also use 2x 50 W Exo-terra halogen bulbs at my desk, the highest that my cubicle power supply will let me use.

I'm going to stop the iodine for now. When I started doing CT I noticed that my heart rate pattern changed - it's not really tied to my hormone cycle, it's just all over the place, and now goes up significantly in the cold. Spot checking with my finger, sometimes it drops really low and I don't know why. I think the iodine is making me pee a lot more, which is kinda the point, but it's not what I need while struggling with low BP. It's definitely got a positive effect, so I'm adding kelp and dulse powder to my food instead.

My BP at 7:30 in the dr office (after driving in morning traffic and walking straight in, no food or coffee, just water) was 109/75. Not dangerously low, but I wonder what it is when waking.

I'm noticing that things taste sweet that never used to have that taste. My sense of smell is also greatly heightened, and I'm picking up "off" notes or scents in my sweat very acutely. While watching the sunrise this morning, I even smelled something like cinnamon raisin bread cooking, but I have no idea which neighbor it came from. The cold heightens my senses.

Right now my biggest problem is estrogen dumping from the cold, which is giving me histamine symptoms randomly throughout the day - face flushing, warm red hands, "dermatographia" on my arms and neck. No urticaria or rashes. First thing in the morning I don't have it, just the afternoon. Otherwise my skin looks really nice, soft and clear in the morning. I'm not sure if I should keep on with the DIM for that - currently I'm using a mushroom supplement, but I've read mixed info on what mushrooms are okay for high estrogen?? I don't think it's helping, or if it is, I'm still having major symptoms despite it. This is what I'm using. As an aside, I have a complete inability to take NAC or L-cysteine due to the histamine issue. Slow-release NAC is okay for a couple days only. And I do have the crappy version of the DAO gene, according to Promethease.

Honestly, I'm still drinking coffee. I never posted this, but that last time I got completely off coffee, maybe a year or so ago, this is what happened. I used incrementally more decaf in my cup (25%, 50%, 75% etc) until I was only sipping regular coffee once or twice a day for a headache. Then I stopped drinking it altogether. Day 1 on nothing, I had no headache, but I felt like I had gotten hit by a bus. I kept telling myself I just needed to get over the hump, but after a week of no coffee I found myself laying in the floor of my living room with an aching body, like I didn't have enough energy to pick it up. I knew right then there was something wrong with me my that removing coffee wasn't fixing! I hadn't figured out the low BP issue yet, or switched to non-FL water, so I'm more educated now. What I am doing for now is making my coffee at home with good water (no nasty Keurig water from the faucet), keeping in a flask, and waiting until my 10:15am break to drink my one cup outside in the sun. For now I think that's the best I can do without metabolically throwing myself off of a cliff. If you have to walk with crutches, you don't throw off the crutches and fall down before you can hold up your own weight.

Inger likes this.
  7. Novah

Novah New Member

Have your lab results come back?

8. Sergio Valadez

Sergio Valadez New Member

Your geneological research on your mitochondrial haplogroup was absolutely fascinating! I read through the whole thing (post from January 26, 2019). Super interesting. That’s crazy that your autosomal DNA is nearly 100% European, yet you ended up having Native American mitochondria. I had no idea about the Impact Hypothesis (comet). The study on Mexican mitochondrial DNA being unexpectedly indigenous/Native American (when compared with autosomal data) was interesting as well (both of my parents are from Mexico and I shared the info with them and they also found it interesting). I will be looking through all of the links you included (and I’ve already started looking through some already). Do you maybe have any thoughts as to how tightly or loosely coupled your haplogroup might be. Could it be loosely coupled since it passed through (and spent so much time in= Siberia and Alaska? Or, perhaps has it become less loosely coupled after spending more time in more southern locations? I realize this is super complex and that there may be no concret answer but I’d still love to hear your thoughts on the topic (if you’ve thought of it and if you don’t mind sharing).

9. Sun-sybarite

Sun-sybarite New Member

Hi Foxglove,

Its been a while since I visited the forums but this thread caught my eye. Reg. your low BP symptons, have you considered POTS?
    Hypotension, Tachycardia....sounds a bit like what I have....(though I could be wrong)